my upteenth poll

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

James the Brains

my upteenth poll

Post by James the Brains » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:17 pm

watching Spain vs England on wednesday i was appaled at the racist chants centred on England's black players. as far as football goes, I previously thought that racism had, on the whole, been irradicated. football is one of the few things that unites the globe, but it seems the spanish are still living in past. the spanish manager, the players and the fans are all guilty of it. just look through the ranks of La Liga and you will find very few Afro Caribbean or African players. the ethnic diversity in La Liga seems only to extend to Latin American players. this had never been brought to my attention until this week. the spanish have a major problem and I think they should be punished heavily. but how much? give me your opinions.

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:20 pm

send back pablo then tell George bush

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:35 pm

As much as I would like to tell Bush that Spain is an Islamic country, I think we should ban them from hosting the olympics.

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:40 pm

If they can't even host a "friendly" footy match then there is no way they should be given the opportunity to host the olympics!

drac

Post by drac » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:34 pm

Olympics automatic rejection

Nuff said!!!!!!!

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:39 pm

agree, automatic rejection

jono

Post by jono » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:28 pm

should ban them from the world cup and reject there olympic bid bcoz they cant be trusted

crazee

Post by crazee » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 pm

ban both the natonal side and clubs side from european and world competiten for three years (which means thed miss the 2006 world cup and euro 2008 because theyd be unable to qualify) and the IOC should reject the bid for the olpmics

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:34 am

crazee wrote:ban both the natonal side and clubs side from european and world competiten for three years (which means thed miss the 2006 world cup and euro 2008 because theyd be unable to qualify) and the IOC should reject the bid for the olpmics
good effort guys. if we're gonna kick racism out of football we need to take a hard stance and make an example of Spain. English teams got banned from Europe for several years because of our hooliganistic ways back in the 1980s, and racism is no less a crime than that. FIFA must act fast and show the football world that racism will not be tolerated.

curries_babe

Post by curries_babe » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:37 am

band spain

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:32 pm

Ban them,but just like Gary Neville asked,what would have happened if it had been English fans?

toby

Post by toby » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:11 pm

James the Brains wrote:
crazee wrote:ban both the natonal side and clubs side from european and world competiten for three years (which means thed miss the 2006 world cup and euro 2008 because theyd be unable to qualify) and the IOC should reject the bid for the olpmics
good effort guys. if we're gonna kick racism out of football we need to take a hard stance and make an example of Spain. English teams got banned from Europe for several years because of our hooliganistic ways back in the 1980s, and racism is no less a crime than that. FIFA must act fast and show the football world that racism will not be tolerated.
Whilst I agree with pretty much everything else I can't agree with this, as deplorable as racism is "monkey" chanting has never actually killed anyone where as English hooliganism in the late '70's and '80's actually resulted in deaths at football matches.

Racism is a terrible thing and it can certainly lead to or be a part of violence but to equate wednesday's behaviour from the Spanish fans to the behaviour of English fans in the past is taking things slightly too far.

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:45 pm

dukey33 wrote:Ban them,but just like Gary Neville asked,what would have happened if it had been English fans?
We would of got a maaaaaaaaaaassive fine and they would have stopped all our fans from travelling to away matches. Simple

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:57 pm

Pablos_babe wrote:band spain
I've never heard of them before. They any good?

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:03 pm

diedelia wrote:
Pablos_babe wrote:band spain
I've never heard of them before. They any good?
:roll: always one smartarse...