how long will we stay top of the league?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

James the Brains

how long will we stay top of the league?

Post by James the Brains » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:06 pm

now there's a question. I have no doubt we will be top for the whole season long. cause we are number 1. and we rule the whole world. but what do you guys think?

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:15 pm

the answer is ver circumstantial

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:18 pm

You forgot:

"Until the end of the season, no one beats us and we go up"

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:21 pm

Dazza wrote:You forgot:

that was the idea of the last option - if we win the league, we go down in history as Champions of the Championship 2004/05. until that is, the Sun self implodes in a supernova that destroys our solar system.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:23 pm

James the Brains wrote:

that was the idea of the last option - if we win the league, we go down in history as Champions of the Championship 2004/05. until that is, the Sun self implodes in a supernova that destroys our solar system.
Ahhh ok, I got confused, I do apologise!

Fully

Post by Fully » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:53 pm

James the Brains wrote:

actually the sun will not cause a supernova because it isnt a big enough star. It will in fact once all the hydrogen has been fused in to helium grow to a red giant vaporising all the inner planets leaving only the outer ones then it will decrease in size till it becomes a little white dwarf before disappearing. End of science lesson

curries_babe

Post by curries_babe » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:35 pm

im not sure so im not voting...
:lol:

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:58 pm

Fully wrote:
James the Brains wrote:

actually the sun will not cause a supernova because it isnt a big enough star. It will in fact once all the hydrogen has been fused in to helium grow to a red giant vaporising all the inner planets leaving only the outer ones then it will decrease in size till it becomes a little white dwarf before disappearing. End of science lesson
i knew someone would correct me on that point. however your lesson taught me nothing new. i just used the term supernova for literary effect.

jono

Post by jono » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:04 pm

from now till the end

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:07 am

your forgetting planetary nebulas as well :P

I dont reckon we willl stay top of the league , but will go up second

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:35 am

squiz18 wrote:your forgetting planetary nebulas as well :P

considering our previous record of chasing the second automatic promotion spot, I am hoping we get as far away ahead at the top as in our capability. I am looking forward to a nice boring end of season when we have already clinched promotion. ahhhh that would be such a relief.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:57 am

James the Brains wrote:
squiz18 wrote:your forgetting planetary nebulas as well :P

considering our previous record of chasing the second automatic promotion spot, I am hoping we get as far away ahead at the top as in our capability. I am looking forward to a nice boring end of season when we have already clinched promotion. ahhhh that would be such a relief.
you and me both mate , cant be doing with the bloody playoffs AGAIN

want what norwich had last season , pretty much sequre by mid april ! Here's hoping

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:57 pm

James the Brains wrote:
Fully wrote:
James the Brains wrote: that was the idea of the last option - if we win the league, we go down in history as Champions of the Championship 2004/05. until that is, the Sun self implodes in a supernova that destroys our solar system.
i knew someone would correct me on that point. however your lesson taught me nothing new. i just used the term supernova for literary effect.
Well we will stay there for 5 billion more years anyway so whether a supernova occurs or not.....its not really relevant :lol:

missfreeblue

Post by missfreeblue » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:11 pm

We'll go up Champions of the first ever Championship! :lol:

And stay top for the rest of the season!!!