Bent, Bowditch or Kuqi??

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

4eva_itfc

Bent, Bowditch or Kuqi??

Post by 4eva_itfc » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:25 pm

Just a thought -

If you had to sell one of these 3 players who would it be - looking at it on current ability, future potential etc?? Not necasserilly taking into account the clubs current financial state!!

hallamblue

Re: Bent, Bowditch or Kuqi??

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:27 pm

4eva_itfc wrote:Just a thought -

If you had to sell one of these 3 players who would it be - looking at it on current ability, future potential etc?? Not necasserilly taking into account the clubs current financial state!!
PABLO !

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:28 pm

Why ask - we don't NEED to sell, in Jan at least.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:53 pm

None of them!

kat17

Post by kat17 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:22 pm

why isnt Pabs up there?!! cz if I had to sell any of them it would b him!

4eva_itfc

Post by 4eva_itfc » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:24 pm

I didn't see any point in putting Pablo up there as it wouldn't be a pole that way lol!!

I was just interested to see who you valued least out of the 3 main strikers!!

Mork

Post by Mork » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:37 pm

If I _had_ to sell one (Which I don't, and we as a club don't), it'd be Bent - he's going anyway, he's clearly a class above our punching weight, and we'd be able to build a good enough team with the proceeds to keep our campaign on an even keel.

Kuqi is a great work horse for us, and wouldn't bring in enough of the greenbacks.

Selling Bowditch would do him and us a disservice - he's needs more time getting regular football, and with time, he'll be worth a lot more than we could get for him today.

Let's just sell Pablo - or in fact, pay someone to take him.

drac

Post by drac » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:40 pm

NONE

DeIpswich

Post by DeIpswich » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:06 pm

Mork wrote:
If I _had_ to sell one (Which I don't, and we as a club don't), it'd be Bent - he's going anyway, he's clearly a class above our punching weight, and we'd be able to build a good enough team with the proceeds to keep our campaign on an even keel.

Kuqi is a great work horse for us, and wouldn't bring in enough of the greenbacks.

Selling Bowditch would do him and us a disservice - he's needs more time getting regular football, and with time, he'll be worth a lot more than we could get for him today.

Totally agree!

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:11 pm

Bent......... providing we can use a large percentage of the £5m or so to strengthen the squad.

It's fine to have the best striker in the Championship, but one man alone won't win us promotion to the Premier.

Our lack of depth in the current squad will cost us dear, unless we can get some more experienced players on the books quickly, before the inevitable suspensions and injuries cost us points and a position near the top of the table.

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:12 pm

Let's just sell Pablo - or in fact, pay someone to take him
lol
clearly i would sell bowditch given that benty and kuqi are in the top goal scores with 9. but given that are squad is so small the only player the club could consider leting go is pablo

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:12 pm

Mork wrote:it'd be Bent - he's going anyway
What makes you say that?

Mork

Post by Mork » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:26 pm

Dazza wrote:
Mork wrote:it'd be Bent - he's going anyway
What makes you say that?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's going now - or anytime soon. But I'd prepare to bet a fair whack, Darren Bent is not going to spend the rest of his career at Town - he's a class above where we've managed to be for the most of the past 20 years, and will spend the majority of his playing time in the Premiership - perhaps we'll be there with him for some of it, but I doubt all of it.

The ideal from our current position, is Darren goes up with us at the end of next season, and leaves when we come back down the season after....

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:41 pm

ShannockSid wrote:Bent......... providing we can use a large percentage of the £5m or so to strengthen the squad.

It's fine to have the best striker in the Championship, but one man alone won't win us promotion to the Premier.

Our lack of depth in the current squad will cost us dear, unless we can get some more experienced players on the books quickly, before the inevitable suspensions and injuries cost us points and a position near the top of the table.
spot on again though I doubt all the money would be given to joe :shock:

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:36 pm

I find it very strange as to why the vote here is so close between Bent and Kuqi (8 to 7)?

OK, If we sold Bent we'd receive a decent price (e.g. £5m+) which I am personaly in favour of, and have stated my reasons earlier in this string.

But, If we sold Kuqi, what would we get for him….. Not very much, as he's only just come off a free transfer list. So who else could replace him for the pittance we would get for him? Imagine how it would look in Norwich picked him up for £100k, a couple of Delia's cookery books and a years supply of mustard?

Shefki's worth to the club is immeasurable and it would be sheer folly to part with him at this time.

Mork

Post by Mork » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:00 pm

ShannockSid wrote:I find it very strange as to why the vote here is so close between Bent and Kuqi (8 to 7)?

OK, If we sold Bent we'd receive a decent price (e.g. £5m+) which I am personaly in favour of, and have stated my reasons earlier in this string.

But, If we sold Kuqi, what would we get for him….. Not very much, as he's only just come off a free transfer list. So who else could replace him for the pittance we would get for him? Imagine how it would look in Norwich picked him up for £100k, a couple of Delia's cookery books and a years supply of mustard?

Shefki's worth to the club is immeasurable and it would be sheer folly to part with him at this time.
Total agree - I doubt we get £1m for him - thats no disrepect to him, I think he's great and doing great things for the club - but his age, plus the state of the market which would be attracted to him - ie Championship clubs - means there's no money there. Meanwhile, he's worth gold to us.

Mork

Post by Mork » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:01 pm

Mork wrote:
ShannockSid wrote:I find it very strange as to why the vote here is so close between Bent and Kuqi (8 to 7)?

Total agree - I doubt we get £1m for him - thats no disrepect to him, I think he's great and doing great things for the club - but his age, plus the state of the market which would be attracted to him - ie Championship clubs - means there's no money there. Meanwhile, he's worth gold to us.
I reckon Jus must be fixing the vote ;)

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:25 pm

Mork wrote:
I reckon Jus must be fixing the vote ;)
lol.

Thank goodness Joe doesn't read this board.

.......... or does he?

Ipswich Loyal

Post by Ipswich Loyal » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:20 pm

Mork wrote:

i totally agree aswell :D