Is C.B.W more influential than Matty Holland?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

JonnoTown

Is C.B.W more influential than Matty Holland?

Post by JonnoTown » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:08 pm

I don't like to compaere the guys and I will always think Matty was one of my faviroutes, but C.B.W has come here and has been a rock and is doing the job matty did.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:18 pm

I've gone for "No" at the moment (sorry CBW!) because Matty Holland was unqiue and he did a good job for us in the Premiership. At the moment CBW is doing a good job for us in Division 1. He has certainly been what we needed in midfield, and I would love to see him stay.

tractor_babe

Post by tractor_babe » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:27 pm

I SED NO 2...I RATHA MATTY SOWIE CBW

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:23 pm

Sorry guy's but I'v said yes!!! NEVER thought I'd think that, I actually cried when Matty went and thought we'd miss him badly. CBW is a different type of player to Matty and at the moment he is exactally what we need. We're desperate to get out of this division and I belive that CBW is just the sort of player we need to help us do this.
I loved Matty as much as everyone else and he was an excellent captain, but we've moved on now and I'm happy with the squad we have. I think that we are missing Thomas Gardsoe or Herman more that MH.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:10 pm

I have said Yes, simply because at thismoentin
time i is bltantly obvious the whole team has got a different
spirit..

And we must live for today and the future, not dwell on the PAST..

MATT WAS A HERO AND SO WERE A LOT OF OTHERS, BUT THEY ARE
NOT HERE NOW..

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:36 pm

At this moment in time the answer has to be no.You cant really compare the two as Matt was a one in a million,he was just a great player and is proving that at Charlton.
Ok Chris is good player and the midfield play different to when Matt was in but we do on the odd occasion miss Matts team leader ship.I know a few of you are going to disagree but we do miss Matt on the odd games.

chris

Post by chris » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:00 pm

dukey33 wrote:At this moment in time the answer has to be no.You cant really compare the two as Matt was a one in a million,he was just a great player and is proving that at Charlton.
Ok Chris is good player and the midfield play different to when Matt was in but we do on the odd occasion miss Matts team leader ship.I know a few of you are going to disagree but we do miss Matt on the odd games.
I don't know if CBW is better than Matt Holland, but I do think that CBW is more influential. I've gone for yes.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:28 pm

i've gone for no i believe that matty was more influenctial but cbw has carried on what matty was doing

as some1 has said we miss gaardsoe and hreidarsson more than matty

The Gaffer

Post by The Gaffer » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:19 pm

im sitting on the fench for this one! :D