What would you all prefer

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ippers

What would you all prefer

Post by ippers » Sun May 29, 2005 6:53 pm

2.5 million and Jeffers or 3.5million in cash. Difficult decision as its questionable how gd Jeffers would be, but on the other hand if reports are true we don't get much if any of the Bent money to spend on replacements (how much of that is true I dont know) and could end up with freebies like Ward.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun May 29, 2005 6:55 pm

Personally I'd like the full 3.5m.

I agree Jeffers was good but this isnt a time to bring in someone who "was" good and make them better, I'd prefer (if we were going to get someone valued like that) to get the full £3.5m and get a proven striker for £1m whos banging in goals now and whos ready to start scoring goals from day one.

If JR brings him in, he is a very brave man!

NorthHillBlue

Post by NorthHillBlue » Sun May 29, 2005 6:58 pm

Jeffers in all likelyhood could do a very good job at this level, but we can not afford his wages

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun May 29, 2005 6:59 pm

NorthHillBlue wrote:Jeffers in all likelyhood could do a very good job at this level, but we can not afford his wages
Put his wages aside, would you take the risk?

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Sun May 29, 2005 7:00 pm

Probably take the full £3.5 M, its a tough one though

NorthHillBlue

Post by NorthHillBlue » Sun May 29, 2005 7:03 pm

Dazza wrote:
NorthHillBlue wrote:Jeffers in all likelyhood could do a very good job at this level, but we can not afford his wages
Put his wages aside, would you take the risk?
Not sure to be honest. Not much of that extra million will be made available to BFJ for transfer I'd imagine.

We could get Jeffers on a season long loan deal with Charlton paying a lot of his wages?

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Sun May 29, 2005 7:07 pm

I'dd say 2.5mil and jeffers. wouldnt need to look 4 a replacement and has played at a higher level than championship, whereas if we got some1 like Parkin or Lita or wotva 4 1mil (which a few clubs would put a bid) havent played at this level and we are also not guaranteed to get them.

To be honest I would mind either, but as long if we dont get a reasonable player, i would like to see us get 3.5mil 4 bent!

NorthHillBlue

Post by NorthHillBlue » Sun May 29, 2005 7:11 pm

Vaughan8 wrote:I'dd say 2.5mil and jeffers. wouldnt need to look 4 a replacement and has played at a higher level than championship, whereas if we got some1 like Parkin or Lita or wotva 4 1mil (which a few clubs would put a bid) havent played at this level and we are also not guaranteed to get them.

To be honest I would mind either, but as long if we dont get a reasonable player, i would like to see us get 3.5mil 4 bent!
Crewe and Watford have put in bids for PArkin. Surely we are a more attractive option. Apparently he has a release clause of £400,000.

BFJ has said we can not afford to spend a million on one player even if we make 5 mill from Bent and Davis

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun May 29, 2005 7:16 pm

NorthHillBlue wrote:
Vaughan8 wrote:I'dd say 2.5mil and jeffers. wouldnt need to look 4 a replacement and has played at a higher level than championship, whereas if we got some1 like Parkin or Lita or wotva 4 1mil (which a few clubs would put a bid) havent played at this level and we are also not guaranteed to get them.

Crewe and Watford have put in bids for PArkin. Surely we are a more attractive option. Apparently he has a release clause of £400,000.

BFJ has said we can not afford to spend a million on one player even if we make 5 mill from Bent and Davis
Thats why in reality we wont get Jeffers. We need the money.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun May 29, 2005 7:24 pm

£2.5 Plus Jeffers would do nicely

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun May 29, 2005 8:07 pm

NorthHillBlue wrote:

Where and when was this said :?

Hacaman

Post by Hacaman » Sun May 29, 2005 8:11 pm

Luke wrote:
NorthHillBlue wrote:

Was wondering the same thing Luke

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Sun May 29, 2005 8:13 pm

Didnt we go after Jeffers a couple of years ago and he turned us down cause we were on the way down at the time?

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun May 29, 2005 8:40 pm

dukey33 wrote:Didnt we go after Jeffers a couple of years ago and he turned us down cause we were on the way down at the time?
We asked about a loan but then Arsenal had a mini injury crisis so they needed him and it fell through.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun May 29, 2005 10:05 pm

Jeffers has got to be better than most of the "freebie" options

NorthHillBlue

Post by NorthHillBlue » Sun May 29, 2005 10:16 pm

Luke wrote:
NorthHillBlue wrote:

Ah, bollocks. i miss read the story. The story is about Helguson and has quotes from BFJ and then at the end it says we would not be spending a million on anyone, and I thought it was another quote.

Sorry tractor boys/girls

crazee

Post by crazee » Sun May 29, 2005 11:06 pm

id take the cash because i dont think jeffers would score enough and probally has a massive ego so playing in the championship would be "below him"