Who do you want between the sticks??

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Paul30

Who do you want between the sticks??

Post by Paul30 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:57 pm

There are a few rumors flying about regarding Joe bringing in a new keeper to replace Kelvin, but do we need anyone else with Price and Supple already at the club???

Paul

Rach

Post by Rach » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:36 pm

Price....IMO he's good enough....but I can see why Joe might be looking at bringing in another keeper....esp with the transfer window coming in

crazee

Post by crazee » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:37 pm

price, i wouldnt say no to any of the others as long as Price is number one and they come in as cover

ippers

Post by ippers » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:40 pm

Price has played a few games and has done well enough, but we have not seen him over a consistent amount of time and with the transfer window it is vital we bring in a keeper, becuase if Price isn't up to it (which i feel he would be) we cant rely on Supple and I think Hislop is the perfect keeper as he is on a free (meaning funds for elsewhere) and both will learn a thing or two off him.

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:50 pm

No question in my eyes.

LEWIS PRICE.

Hes ready and its time to start building this team with young blood and not 30+somethings.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:52 pm

Foxy Lady wrote:No question in my eyes.

LEWIS PRICE.

Hes ready and its time to start building this team with young blood and not 30+somethings.
Too right, lets right next season off and rebuild with young talent with a long term goal!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:55 pm

Has to be Price although we will need to get a back up in on a free.
At this moment in time Supple needs to be playing and getting experience rather than sitting on the bench.

seattle_gk

Post by seattle_gk » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:43 am

Price #1, random_dot_veteran_keeper backing up Price. Spend money on holding central midfielder and a striker.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:49 am

Seems like I'm being out voted on this one.

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:47 am

i do think Price is a quality keeper but i don't think the pressures of week in week out football will help his cause, if he was to play a bit part roll this season i think he would benefit and develop as a player, if he was thrown in at the deep end too soon he could have a couple of mare's and his confidence is going to get blown, with an expereinced keeper in the waiting (namely shaka hislop) i think we would have more than enough cover, especially as shaka is on a free!

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:07 am

Foxy Lady wrote:No question in my eyes.

LEWIS PRICE.

Agreed, but with Goal keepers generally they're better when they're older, most say they are in the prime between 28-32. So I wouldnt be upset saying we have a "has been" if we did get someone in their early 30's. Also look at Van Der Sar, he's 35 aint he? And now he is gonna be playing CL football!

Although saying that I have never seen Price have a bad game. I think its worth the risk. Some people say he wouldnt be able to handle the pressure, but I reckon he could handle it if we got a couple of really decent defenders to play in front of him instead of wasting out monye on a really good keeper and not sorting out defence out!