Who will we miss most?...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Rach

Who will we miss most?...

Post by Rach » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:17 pm

Out of the four players who have left (so far)...who do you think we will miss the most??

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:52 pm

19 goals, 14 assits, England under 21, one of the most rated young forwards in the country.

There can only be one choice.

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:57 pm

Dazza wrote:19 goals, 14 assits, England under 21, one of the most rated young forwards in the country.

Yeah - the guy who made all the effort, Shefki.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:58 pm

Mork wrote:
Dazza wrote:19 goals, 14 assits, England under 21, one of the most rated young forwards in the country.

Ok, granted Kuqi matched his goals, but he hardly got any assisits and he isnt a fantastic under 21 england international who has time on his side. I can only see Bent getting better and better.

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:01 pm

Davis i went for- solid goalie, saved us in so many matchs,

but close behind was Bent- also saved us in so many matches, either by getting a winner, or an equaliser. Plus all those assists.... :(

toby

Post by toby » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:18 pm

I've gone for Davis, I reckon he earned us the most points out of all of them and he was the only truly Premiership class player we had IMHO.

We'll miss Bent, Kuqi and Millers goals but I think there are plenty of player who can score in this division, it's keeping them out that's the difficult thing!

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:33 pm

Jim Magilton

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:29 pm

toby wrote:I've gone for Davis, I reckon he earned us the most points out of all of them and he was the only truly Premiership class player we had IMHO.

We'll miss Bent, Kuqi and Millers goals but I think there are plenty of player who can score in this division, it's keeping them out that's the difficult thing!
I disagree.

Bent was involved in 33 goals last season. Without him we would of been screwed. Withotu davis we would of lost a few points but not the amount that 33 would of cost us.

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:35 pm

Davis- Top Class keeper, one of the best we'll ever have. He'll be missed dearly!

Would say Bent was next but towards the latter part of last season i'd say it was more Kuqi that we'd miss. Constant running at both ends of the pitch, goals and endless energy!

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:01 pm

I personally think we'll miss Kuqi most, but the money grabbing c*nt has gone off after we helped him establish himself again as one of the top strikers in the division.

There's no loyalty in Football anymore... :evil:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:03 pm

Lewis wrote:I personally think we'll miss Kuqi most, but the money grabbing c*nt has gone off after we helped him establish himself again as one of the top strikers in the division.

Dont hold back Lewis, say what you really think!

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:33 pm

Dazza wrote:
Mork wrote:

Ok, granted Kuqi matched his goals, but he hardly got any assisits and he isnt a fantastic under 21 england international who has time on his side. I can only see Bent getting better and better.
Pint and Pie on me, says Bent has a rotten season on the bench at Charlton, and never makes the senior England squad.

TractorRob

Post by TractorRob » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:37 pm

Mork wrote:
Dazza wrote:
Mork wrote: Yeah - the guy who made all the effort, Shefki.
Pint and Pie on me, says Bent has a rotten season on the bench at Charlton, and never makes the senior England squad.
Maybe but being a young english premiership striker he will definately get at least one friendly cap! :lol:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Mork wrote:Pint and Pie on me, says Bent has a rotten season on the bench at Charlton, and never makes the senior England squad.
You're on! :wink:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:25 pm

Dazza wrote:
Lewis wrote:I personally think we'll miss Kuqi most, but the money grabbing c*nt has gone off after we helped him establish himself again as one of the top strikers in the division.

Dont hold back Lewis, say what you really think!
Don't worry I won't hold back! I'm fed up of our team being treated like a doormat. Now may i stress this is NOT Sheepshanks' fault, I merely blame the footballers themselves who think a move to the Premiership is their chance of making a quick buck, rather than what's best for themselves career-wise.

It's just all too depressing but i AM confident that Royle has the calibre of player in mind to strengthen the squad and at least give us a shot at challenging for the Playoffs.

hoobzblue

Post by hoobzblue » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:44 pm

Mork wrote:
Dazza wrote:
Mork wrote: Yeah - the guy who made all the effort, Shefki.
that will happen, look at the over youngsters that couldn't resist a ferrari rather than a 206. where r they now?