With all the talk of a 'clear out' and a 'fresh start'......

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ippers

With all the talk of a 'clear out' and a 'fresh start'......

Post by ippers » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:22 pm

Do you think Jim should stay or go?

*TrAcToR*gIrL*

Post by *TrAcToR*gIrL* » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:54 pm

yeh i do coz he always gets the game going at the begining!!

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:30 pm

Well at the amount of players we have at the moment i think we need everything we can get :shock: so yes!

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:33 pm

Whatever we all think, its Jim who will decide!

But for what its worth, I think he should go...might as well start completely afresh whilst we're at it.

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:37 pm

Paul B wrote:Whatever we all think, its Jim who will decide!

But for what its worth, I think he should go...might as well start completely afresh whilst we're at it.
Well of corse it will be Jim who will decide we're just saying our opinions as its something to talk about... :roll: :D

And i don't know about starting a total fresh, we still have a handfull of experienced players they'll never be a TOTAL clearout

*TrAcToR*gIrL*

Post by *TrAcToR*gIrL* » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:37 pm

Paul B wrote:Whatever we all think, its Jim who will decide!

i dunno its a gud point like but i reckon we shud keep im for this next season n get a bak up 4 im

TractorRob

Post by TractorRob » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:50 pm

I think he shud go or take more of a coaching role at the club cause i think we really need a box to box midfielder and IMO curry has the passing ability to replace him.

Greeny

Re: With all the talk of a 'clear out' and a 'fresh start'..

Post by Greeny » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:07 am

[Jim should stay cos he has good vision and always picks out a pass

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:20 am

TractorRob88 wrote:I think he shud go or take more of a coaching role at the club cause i think we really need a box to box midfielder and IMO curry has the passing ability to replace him.
I agree that Currie has the passing ability to replace Magilton, he also has vision and awareness to become a natural replacement for him.

But........ you state we need a ‘box to box’ midfield player, and no-one in there wildest possible dreams can describe Currie as that!

Another problem you’d have is who do find to play wide left of midfield? Please don’t say Westlake, because that been tried (and failed) before, so that’s why we bought Darren in.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 am

TractorRob88 wrote:I think he shud go or take more of a coaching role at the club cause i think we really need a box to box midfielder and IMO curry has the passing ability to replace him.
Totally agree.

It would be good for Jim, allowing him to try out his coaching skills in a familiar environment, and good for the club as he can pass his experience and wisdom onto the youngsters.

CONSCIENCE

Post by CONSCIENCE » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:18 am

As most of the team he had gelled with have already gone i honestly don't think we would notice whether he was there or not, but it would be handy if he stayed until we got a sufficient replacement

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:22 am

This is a massive issue, to which there is probably no right answer, as Magic is probably past his sell by date, but how on earth will we replace him??

Its not only Jim's play making that needs replacing, but also his winning mentality and positive influence on the team. All we need is a younger Jim with Lampard's engine :lol:

hoobzblue

Post by hoobzblue » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:23 am

i think they shud use him ina deal for michael owen! 8)

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 am

ShannockSid wrote: Another problem you’d have is who do find to play wide left of midfield? Please don’t say Westlake, because that been tried (and failed) before, so that’s why we bought Darren in.
That Peters lad. :wink:

Al we need imo is a left back, right back, a right winger and Parkin and we are completely sorted. Seems like a lot but 4 players a season is nothing compared to what we've just sold.

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:53 pm

ShannockSid wrote:
I agree that Currie has the passing ability to replace Magilton, he also has vision and awareness to become a natural replacement for him.

But........ you state we need a ‘box to box’ midfield player, and no-one in there wildest possible dreams can describe Currie as that!

Another problem you’d have is who do find to play wide left of midfield? Please don’t say Westlake, because that been tried (and failed) before, so that’s why we bought Darren in.
Liam Craig ? Or Dean Bowditch ?

ippers

Post by ippers » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:05 pm

Yeah Bowditch is a possibility for the wing, but he might have the tendency to come inside too often? I think there will be at least 5 players come in as wages wont be a problem, just the fees, I reckon two players will come in for a fee and a couple of frees and maybe a loan