Hislop

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ipswich Loyal

Hislop

Post by Ipswich Loyal » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:20 pm

I don't think we need him, Price is good enough to be our number one.

Hacaman

Post by Hacaman » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:30 pm

spend the money elsewhere, and keep a little spare for a emergency loan... which we are allowed to do under the new rules

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:03 pm

Hes a bloody good goalkeeper and very experienced, id welcome him to Portman Road with open arms.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:29 pm

Deadman wrote:Hes a bloody good goalkeeper and very experienced, id welcome him to Portman Road with open arms.
Me too, he'd be a great addition to the squad.

I can't see how people think we can manage with only 2 goalkeepers? What if the reserves are playing the same day as the first team...... does that mean we don't have a replacement keeper on the bench?

crazee

Post by crazee » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:18 pm

I can't see how people think we can manage with only 2 goalkeepers? What if the reserves are playing the same day as the first team...... does that mean we don't have a replacement keeper on the bench?
its highly unlikely that the reserves will play on the same day as the first team, but i see your point we do need another 'keeper and im more than happy to see one come in as long as it is behind Price in the pecking order

BlakeyBlue22

Post by BlakeyBlue22 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:39 pm

I would'nt mind signin Hislop, i know he is gettin on but he does have alot of experiance and price isnt quite ready yet to be thrown in at the deep end.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:33 pm

Im voting "yes" on the basis that despite having two young and very good keepers..we STILL need experienced cover. If either one of Price or Supple gets injured we have a GK "crisis" within the club in terms of cover !!

Phil

Post by Phil » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:39 pm

love to see him hear for a season. but would he sign if he was going to wasn't going to be first choice?

Mork

Re: Hislop

Post by Mork » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:18 pm

Barmy Army wrote:I don't think we need him, Price is good enough to be our number one.
You're mad - you want to run a promotion campaign over 10 months with 2 under 20, unproven goalkeepers? Price is great, sure, first team him, but we need some cover, and some experience - Hislop is a first rate keeper, sign him, now!