BIG QUESTION

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

James the Brains

BIG QUESTION

Post by James the Brains » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:39 pm

*only the teams relevant to this question have been included in the poll.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:40 pm

All those teams plus Norwich will finish above us.

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:43 pm

Where's Norwich?

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:43 pm

Paul B wrote:All those teams plus Norwich will finish above us.
well I suppose you're entitled to your WRONG opinion.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:45 pm

James the Brains wrote:
Paul B wrote:All those teams plus Norwich will finish above us.
well I suppose you're entitled to your WRONG opinion.
Time will tell if I am wrong...I hope I am!

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:47 pm

essexboy21 wrote:Where's Norwich?
norwich are preparing to return to a zone they are very familiar with. that's right bitch it's the relegation zone and thus norwich have zero, that's 0.00000000 relevance to the question: who will finish 2nd behind the mighty Ipswich Town? Ya get me?

Strike

Post by Strike » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:53 pm

Pains me to say it but Norwich or Crippled Alice.

jono

Post by jono » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:57 pm

the leagues ours this year all those teams will finish below us. none of the teams that came down will get promoted in my opinion because they think they are going back and they think its easy how wrong they will be i mean any team this year has got as good as chance as any including the teams promoted

crazee

Post by crazee » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 pm

Palace will win the thing, Sheffield Wednesday will come second with us third :lol:

James the Brains

Post by James the Brains » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:43 pm

personally I think the team best equipped to clean our boots this season is Leeds Leeds Leeds Leeds Leeds. Somehow they pulling out slick signings I think it must be the "big club" factor coz they certainly haven't got the cash to splash. either that or the sympathy vote. either way they're looking good and I think they might even provide us with a challenge. nah who am I kidding we'll finish a couple dozen points ahead (worst case scenario).

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:46 pm

essexboy21 wrote:Where's Norwich?

About 40 miles north of Ipswich.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:47 am

I think Hull will be in the hunt this season, they beat Sunderland last night with apparent ease so the papers say and Peter Taylor is no mug either!!

I hope I'm wrong as my Mrs side of the family are Tigers fans :roll:

Paul

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:55 am

Just going on gutt feeling :roll: ...Wolves

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:09 am

Norwich 1st Palace 2nd

Hacaman

Post by Hacaman » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:16 am

Deadman wrote:Norwich 1st Palace 2nd
Damn... we agree on something, I also believe Wolves will be in the race for the top two as well

Mork

Re: BIG QUESTION

Post by Mork » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:03 pm

James the Brains wrote:*only the teams relevant to this question have been included in the poll.
I'll be quite surprised if the majority of the teams listed don't finish well above us.

If we can avoid the bottom half of the table this season, we'll have done well.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:11 pm

Hull have got good backing, management, money and a nice stadium..

I have a feeling they will be amongst the top 2..

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:12 pm

Earl Blue wrote:Hull have got good backing, management, money and a nice stadium..

I have a feeling they will be amongst the top 2..
Whereas we seem to have no backing, no money, but management and a fantastic stadium. But we have no depth at all in the squad, and even assuming we get two more semi-decent signings, I think it's a huge leap of faith to assume this team can do anything more than keep us in the Division.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:37 pm

:idea:
Last edited by Jonno on Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jono

Post by jono » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:08 pm

a lot of people are saying that its going to be palace or norwich or southampton palace etc finishing top 2 but how many teams can you name that have gone straight back up the year they got relagated there isnt many i can only think of charlton and west brom i think these teams are just as good as anyone else in this division regardless of what players they have because you can get beaten by any team on anyday in this division i think you wil be lucky to see any of those 3 go up

Hacaman

Post by Hacaman » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:11 pm

jono wrote:a lot of people are saying that its going to be palace or norwich or southampton palace etc finishing top 2 but how many teams can you name that have gone straight back up the year they got relagated there isnt many i can only think of charlton and west brom i think these teams are just as good as anyone else in this division regardless of what players they have because you can get beaten by any team on anyday in this division i think you wil be lucky to see any of those 3 go up
Like West Brom and Charlton before, Nodge & Palarse haven't signed load s of players and hold pretty much the same squad that got them each up last time, they also haven't lost players since relegation for the same reason
Last edited by Hacaman on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:30 pm

Still doubt AJ and Aston will be playing championship football next season. I would have expected Ashton to have had more interest, you cant deny he is a class player who can do the business in the prem. Once a serious bid is tabled he's sure to want out, If only to boost his world cup ambitions, which in reality are nil if he's not top flight, expect something from Everton if Palace wont budge on AJ's fee.

Lets hope they both go :D

Paul

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:18 pm

jono wrote:a lot of people are saying that its going to be palace or norwich or southampton palace etc finishing top 2 but how many teams can you name that have gone straight back up the year they got relagated there isnt many i can only think of charlton and west brom i think these teams are just as good as anyone else in this division regardless of what players they have because you can get beaten by any team on anyday in this division i think you wil be lucky to see any of those 3 go up
I think thats old school thinking - times are a changing - teams go up with an expectation of coming straight back down, plan cleverly, dont destroy themselves financially (ala Sheepshanks & Burley), and have half an eye on building a team to stay in the prem, the other half on building a team to win the Championship next year - combined, the financial gulf between recently relegated sides, and Championship sides is ridiculous.

I wouldnt be surprised if two relegated clubs go straight backup this season - Soton are most likely to struggle cos ole Rupert has run em into the ground.