Man of the match?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ippers

Man of the match?

Post by ippers » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:38 pm

Who was your MOTM? For me it had to be Jimmy Juan, he came on the pitch done a header and didn't get injured :lol: On a serious note had to be De Vos or Garvan with Currie not far behind

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:51 pm

Dont get me wrong Garvan was fantastic, he was head and shoulders above everyone else in the first half, the only thing that let him down for me was he seemed a "tiny" bit negative and passed it back alot as he didnt want to give the ball away, I also thought he faded when Jim left. But really they are 2 tiny issues (not even really problems) in an overall fantastic display.

However, I'd go for Jason De Vos. According to JR he couldnt bend him leg on Thursday and he really didnt think he'd be starting today. He had a list of injuries and had to take some painkillers at half time just to see him through to the end of the match. In 90 minutes he didnt put a foot wrong, he was solid as a rock. I thought JVD's time had come but he proved us ALL wrong today, what a performance, some more of that please!

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:34 pm

Jason De Vos for me, looked rock solid at the back

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:38 pm

Garvan looks like he really is the real deal, his performance was amazing, and only seventeen. Could he become our "stevie Gerrard"?? :wink:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:36 pm

Garvan..

Mark18

Post by Mark18 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:58 pm

de vos 2day
but was a gd team effort

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:59 pm

The whole team and a clean sheet to boot. :D

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:01 am

de Vos looked impressive today. I think he may well be playing to keep his first team spot now that we have signed Sito.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:16 am

De Vos for me, looked very solid today and made a super goal stopping tackle on Jerome in the first half.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:02 am

Clean sheet has to go down to De Vos

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:06 am

The truth is .....there is SO MUCH to + ve positive about town's performane today.
We have essentially a NEW TEAM out there now . And it looked that way especially in the first half. They are still getting to know each others' play. The youngsters... and the likes of Parkn, will take time to "gel" (as I've said before).

We really DO HAVE some cracking young players coming thorough...and we, the fans, HAVE to play OUR part to the full....to build their confidence...and rapport with one another. I actually thought the corwd were very quet today...almost a "jury" in sitting !!!

If WE really get behind them ..it will will have a fantastic +ve effect on their self -belief...and Town will really take off.

We have a much more agile / mobile midfield now..which will "free up" Jim, to ply his "magic"...in players like Juan and Garvan...I see a midfield that can hold the ball up ..and play that "killer"pass, to the likes of Forster and Parkin (he just needs goal to boost his self belief ) !!

there really was, SO MUCH +VE vibe from today.....it really IS A "NEW DAWN" FOR IPSWICH TOWN F.C believe me !! :wink:

Reetpetite

Post by Reetpetite » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:48 am

De Vos for me, but the whole team were brilliant.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:54 am

Phil wrote:de Vos looked impressive today. I think he may well be playing to keep his first team spot now that we have signed Sito.
He certainly did, especialy seeing he could hardly walk a couple of days ago.

But for me the main man was Garvan. He looked impressive to me, when we played Rangers, and controlled the game yesterday for the first hour or more.

Susie

Post by Susie » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:22 am

I would have to say De Vos. He was solid at the back and I didn't feel at any time that Cardiff were going to score with him there.

I have to say that they all played well ( except for Richards in the first 20 minutes !!!)

toby

Post by toby » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:07 pm

bluebird wrote:Garvan looks like he really is the real deal, his performance was amazing, and only seventeen. Could he become our "stevie Gerrard"?? :wink:
What you mean he'll d*ck us around on signing his new contract and end up bleeding us dry of £80,000 a week?

I hope not!

:lol:

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:08 pm

I put Garvan altho De Vos did well but faded. And Currie showed why i praise him up so much with some wonderfull passes and movement.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:24 pm

toby wrote:
bluebird wrote:Garvan looks like he really is the real deal, his performance was amazing, and only seventeen. Could he become our "stevie Gerrard"?? :wink:
What you mean he'll d*ck us around on signing his new contract and end up bleeding us dry of £80,000 a week?

I hope not!

:lol:
Toby, thats a tad cynical :lol: :lol:

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:14 am

Garvin for me....a good solid performance all round...kept it simple and had a few shots to. :D

freeblue

Post by freeblue » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:08 am

After reading about De Vos today I have to vote for him it took a lot of guts to play with broken ribs and he did play very well.

NorthHillBlue

Post by NorthHillBlue » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:13 am

freeblue wrote:After reading about De Vos today I have to vote for him it took a lot of guts to play with broken ribs and he did play very well.
Yeah, me too. They had to put an exercise bike in the changing room for him at half time, and he had a pain killing injection, and played with cracked ribs. If that isnt commitment I dont know what is!

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:21 pm

freeblue wrote:After reading about De Vos today I have to vote for him it took a lot of guts to play with broken ribs and he did play very well.
It was just before the end when De Vos broke those ribs, and the trainer was on the pitch for some time.

But he also got clattered a couple of times in the first half, then looked very sore and laboured as he walked away. To get through the match, and play so well, was a remarkable achievement.