A disgrace...or not?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:00 pm

Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote: Thats what reserve matches have always been for I believe?

So you're saying its ok that we have lost as long as we experimented? :roll:
Reserve matches? What sort of a competitive match is that? Aidan Collins was quoted saying how he was looking forward to playing in a competitive match. That coming from a regular in the Reserve team, go figure Paul!

I'm NOT saying it's okay we've lost I'm just saying we should look at the positives and maybe even credit our opponents Yeovil who played and defended very well. Oh but obviously you can't do that as you didn't go so I don't think you're qualified to make rash statements on the back of just looking at the result on paper.
How do you think these players got on years ago then when reserve teams weren't put out for Cup matches??

I know I didn't go, but come on, a 2-0 home defeat to Yeovil is a disgrace, however well they may have played!
Times change Paul, surely you've noticed that cup competitions have become less important?

No I wont say that the result is a disgrace. The club are only one league below us and are a very good footballing side. If we supported Yeovil would you be saying how well we've played or how badly Ipswich played?

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:01 pm

I'm just glad work wouldn't let me have the night off to go watch that sh*te :lol:

Had radio suffolk on and it sounded great :lol:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:02 pm

ippers wrote:Yes im sure we set out tonight with no intention of winning :roll: Or perhaps we were beaten by a superior team on the night we have no divine right to win and Yeovil are no mugs, the league is what matters not the carling cup so stop complaining!
Hear f*cking hear! Paul needs to realise that football is NOT played on paper and is actually played on blades of grass where any team on any given night can have the rub of the green....

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:07 pm

Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote: Reserve matches? What sort of a competitive match is that? Aidan Collins was quoted saying how he was looking forward to playing in a competitive match. That coming from a regular in the Reserve team, go figure Paul!

I'm NOT saying it's okay we've lost I'm just saying we should look at the positives and maybe even credit our opponents Yeovil who played and defended very well. Oh but obviously you can't do that as you didn't go so I don't think you're qualified to make rash statements on the back of just looking at the result on paper.
How do you think these players got on years ago then when reserve teams weren't put out for Cup matches??

I know I didn't go, but come on, a 2-0 home defeat to Yeovil is a disgrace, however well they may have played!
Times change Paul, surely you've noticed that cup competitions have become less important?

No I wont say that the result is a disgrace. The club are only one league below us and are a very good footballing side. If we supported Yeovil would you be saying how well we've played or how badly Ipswich played?
Yes, I'm not stupid you know. :roll: I was just making a point...players managed before.

Yeovil are bottom of League One, and without a win this season. Need I say any more?

The last thing I will say on the matter is that surely if you were a true fan (and I'm not directing this at anyone in particular), you would have wanted Ipswich to win tonight, no matter what the competition, and therefore you would be cross and embarassed by tonight, even if you didn't go to the game. I know I am.

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:08 pm

Paul B wrote:
Well its certainly not as cut 'n' dried as it looked earlier, Paul.

At one stage your poll was 1/8 and now it's 9/12. Maybe the board is split on this one?

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:08 pm

Lewis wrote:
ippers wrote:Yes im sure we set out tonight with no intention of winning :roll: Or perhaps we were beaten by a superior team on the night we have no divine right to win and Yeovil are no mugs, the league is what matters not the carling cup so stop complaining!
Hear f*cking hear! Paul needs to realise that football is NOT played on paper and is actually played on blades of grass where any team on any given night can have the rub of the green....
I know that Lewis...do you think I am that stupid? :roll: :roll:

So our appalling cup record over the last few years is down to the opposition having had the rub of the green on the night we played them? I don't think so! :roll:

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:09 pm

ShannockSid wrote:
Paul B wrote:

At one stage your poll was 1/8 and now it's 9/12. Maybe the board is split on this one?
Obviously so...and its a very disappointing attitude from my fellow fans. :(

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:10 pm

Paul B wrote:
Lewis.... don't answer that question!

We don't want anything else kicking off on here. :lol:

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:10 pm

Paul B wrote:
ShannockSid wrote:
Paul B wrote:

yeeeeeehaaaaa ipswich lost to Yeovil i am overjoyed, never felt happier as a town fan. boy i wish we got results like this every week
Last edited by SashaBlue on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:11 pm

SashaBlue wrote:
Paul B wrote:
ShannockSid wrote: Well its certainly not as cut 'n' dried as it looked earlier, Paul.

yeeeeeehaaaaa ipswich lost to Yeovil i am overjoyed, never felt happier as a town fan. boy i wish we got results like this every week
that is the impression i am getting :roll:

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:13 pm

Was it as bad as it sounded on the radio that's all I want to know?

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:15 pm

Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote:

So our appalling cup record over the last few years is down to the opposition having had the rub of the green on the night we played them? I don't think so! :roll:
Well now you mention it... yes!

The teams we have been beaten by, the Yeovils and the Doncasters all deserved to go through on merit, they played good football and deserved every plaudit they got.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:18 pm

Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote: Hear f*cking hear! Paul needs to realise that football is NOT played on paper and is actually played on blades of grass where any team on any given night can have the rub of the green....

The teams we have been beaten by, the Yeovils and the Doncasters all deserved to go through on merit, they played good football and deserved every plaudit they got.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Just biting my tongue before I get banned. :roll: :roll: :roll:

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:19 pm

Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote: I know that Lewis...do you think I am that stupid? :roll: :roll:

they can't ban you for caring about the teams result,

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:20 pm

I don't want to start an argument but I went to Doncaster last season and as far as I’m concerned and everyone else around me said the same the players were not giving it 100%, that was a total disgrace that night. I can't comment on tonight’s game!

ippers

Post by ippers » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:20 pm

Yes but everyones overjoyed when we beat Sheff wed Cardiff and got a draw the other week and as soon as we lose one match in a fairly meaningless cup competition everyone is up in arms and criticising again. Fairly pathetic if you ask me :roll:

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:21 pm

Paul B wrote:
Think back to last season Paul, and what cost us auto promotion. Most people will say it was those 3 games against Watford, QPR and Wigan, where we lost it.

It was also the time that Shefki (possibly our most influential player) was injured.

Now imagine what position we would be in if Naylor had been injured in tonight’s Comedy Cup match, with 2 important games on Saturday and Monday.

Sorry to disagree with you, and I’m not trying to stir it, but I feel its better we are out of this competition, thereby reducing injuries to a minimum for our already small squad.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:21 pm

SashaBlue wrote:
Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote: they can't ban you for caring about the teams result,

When they are admins they do as they please. :roll: And you'll never win against them, which is why I'm shutting up now. :roll:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:21 pm

Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote: I know that Lewis...do you think I am that stupid? :roll: :roll:

Biting your tongue?! Paul, the fact you dismissed the result as a disgrace without seeing the game, highlights or even waiting for opinions from fans who were there proves that your a fool.

Take that as offensively as you want but you've annoyed me greatly, and I think you're far too quick to criticise when we come a'cropper but very happy to jump on the bandwagon when Town are doing well.

ippers

Post by ippers » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:24 pm

Exactly if we beat Millwall everyone will forget about that in start harping on about our promotion chances again

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:24 pm

Paul B wrote:
ShannockSid wrote:
Paul B wrote:

DISSAPOINTING ATTITUDE FROM YOUR FELLOW FANS!?
oh i see so everyone that doesnt have the same veiws as you Paul is not right and as you say 'dissapointing' in your veiw!

To do with your poll....i don't think it was either of your options. I don't agree that it was good becuase i do think cup runs are good and bring in a bit of money etc. But i don't think we were an absolute disgrace and embarassing!
I'm not going to dwell on tonight, but others like to (again like you said earlier 'I'm not directing this at anyone in particular') be pessimistic about things and our team week in week out. I won't say if you wern't there you don't know anything. But i will say give the guys a break and just because you like cup runs others may not. And if you look back, how well did we do in the cups last season? And where did we finsih in the league? Maybe that 3rd position was becuase we concentrated on it more? I don't know...

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:24 pm

Paul B wrote:
SashaBlue wrote:
Paul B wrote: :roll: :roll: :roll:

When they are admins they do as they please. :roll: And you'll never win against them, which is why I'm shutting up now. :roll:
I'm not doing as I please I'm merely saying my opinion which you have clearly done this evening so why can't I have my say too?

jono

Post by jono » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:25 pm

i dont know what you are all moaning about we lost the game and who cares i mean i agree with sid saying that we should be aiming for promotion than a cup run because the difference in money is so much greater and all this bullshit saying we cant get promoted pisses me off because anyone can go up in this league our squad maybe small but we in the past couple of years our squad hasnt been big and we have still made the play offs i would prefer a smaller squad because playing virtually playing the small team week in week out if possible is so much better than making so many changes thats why the likes of these supposed top teams will struggle. its over and done with now so should be focused on getting 3 points at millwall this saturday.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:26 pm

Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote: Well now you mention it... yes!

Biting your tongue?! Paul, the fact you dismissed the result as a disgrace without seeing the game, highlights or even waiting for opinions from fans who were there proves that your a fool.

Take that as offensively as you want but you've annoyed me greatly, and I think you're far too quick to criticise when we come a'cropper but very happy to jump on the bandwagon when Town are doing well.
I think Ipswich 0-2 Yeovil says a lot without even needing to wait for other people's comments or see the highlights. No-one here would have predicted that result before the match tonight.

As a supporter who spends a hell of a lot of money on ITFC every year, I am fully entitled to express my opinions, same as you are yours. And just to make it clear, my gripe is not just about tonight...its about our attitude to cup competitions over the last few years which stinks as shown by the results, which are no coincidence. Surely even you can see that. :roll:

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:27 pm

Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote:
SashaBlue wrote:
I'm not doing as I please I'm merely saying my opinion which you have clearly done this evening so why can't I have my say too?
Not saying you can't have your say. :roll:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:33 pm

Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think Ipswich 0-2 Yeovil says a lot without even needing to wait for other people's comments or see the highlights. No-one here would have predicted that result before the match tonight.

As a supporter who spends a hell of a lot of money on ITFC every year, I am fully entitled to express my opinions, same as you are yours. And just to make it clear, my gripe is not just about tonight...its about our attitude to cup competitions over the last few years which stinks as shown by the results, which are no coincidence. Surely even you can see that. :roll:
Paul, there's two ways of looking at it. You can look at the result and try to criticise Town for the way they played (without physically seeing the performance) or you could look at the result (as most neutrals will do) and say 'my didn't Yeovil play well to get a result at Portman Road'

Cup competitions are clearly less important these days, like I said a few posts back. The prestige and prize money is not comparable to fighting for a place in the Premiership and all the riches that brings. It's the way of the world Paul...

Lets try focusing on the positives, and that a win on Saturday could see us move into the top 6, did that conjour up any positive vibes?

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:34 pm

Paul B wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Paul B wrote: When they are admins they do as they please. :roll: And you'll never win against them, which is why I'm shutting up now. :roll:
Not saying you can't have your say. :roll:
So why are you saying im 'doing as im pleasing' when quite clearly I'm just arguing my point of view?

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:37 pm

Top 6 in August, big deal. :roll: What about the 2nd round of the cup. Oh no, that doesn't matter. Forget that. Why enter the cup competitions at all. :roll:

Because if I keep on arguing with an admin, etc, I'll just get banned...like others have been before. :roll:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:41 pm

Paul B wrote:Top 6 in August, big deal. :roll: What about the 2nd round of the cup. Oh no, that doesn't matter. Forget that. Why enter the cup competitions at all. :roll:

Because if I keep on arguing with an admin, etc, I'll just get banned...like others have been before. :roll:
Top 6 in August big deal? I think you'll find we hit the top 6 in August last season and then didnt drop out for the rest of the campaign. I tell you why it's a big deal, 3 pts in the league or a place in the 2nd round in the carling two-bob cup with a 15% chance of playing a top flight team?

Dont know what you're on about with the banning paul because I have no plans of doing such thing however angry you've made me...

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:41 pm

Oh forgot this too:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: