Should Sven-Goran Erikkson resign?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Number 9

Should Sven-Goran Erikkson resign?

Post by Number 9 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:55 pm

Sven, please leave!

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:55 pm

i would do better job than that idiot

Phil

Post by Phil » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:57 pm

he should. but he wont.

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:57 pm

Silly question...

Should Sven have taken up football management? NO, he did

Should Sven have fiddled around and slept with Ulrika? NO - he did

Should Sven have played our key players in stupid positions? NO - he did

Should Sven stay as England's manager? NO - he will

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:06 pm

essexboy21 wrote:Silly question...

Should Sven have taken up football management? NO, he did

Should Sven have fiddled around and slept with Ulrika? NO - he did

Should Sven have played our key players in stupid positions? NO - he did

Should Sven stay as England's manager? NO - he will
:lol: true

Phil

Post by Phil » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:27 pm

budgiebasher

Re: Should Sven-Goran Erikkson resign?

Post by budgiebasher » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:31 pm

Number 9 wrote:Sven, please leave!
He should, but with a £3m compensation package for getting sacked would you?

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:35 pm

He should quit be he won't and the FA haven't got the balls to sack him :evil:

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:38 pm

He should cos the Media and stuff would have pissed me off by now!

I personally think he's a good manager and better than any1 we can get in who is ENGLISH!

ippers

Post by ippers » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:39 pm

I personally think he's a good manager and better than any1 we can get in who is ENGLISH!
gd post

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:48 pm

ippers wrote:

gd post
How can a good manager play our best striker on the left, play an untried and negative formation in a world cup qualifier, play Gerrard and Owen who our dont look fit due to injury and lack of football, substitute our best midfielder because the other three are untouchable, play Owen Hargreaves! It was a shambles and has been for a good time now.

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:02 pm

budgiebasher wrote:
ippers wrote:

gd post
How can a good manager play our best striker on the left, play an untried and negative formation in a world cup qualifier, play Gerrard and Owen who our dont look fit due to injury and lack of football, substitute our best midfielder because the other three are untouchable, play Owen Hargreaves! It was a shambles and has been for a good time now.
Lets bring back Kevin Keegan. I think hes free at the moment?

Or indeed Graham Taylor!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:03 pm

Vaughan8 wrote:
budgiebasher wrote:
ippers wrote: gd post
Lets bring back Kevin Keegan. I think hes free at the moment?

Or indeed Graham Taylor!
I'd rather have a turnip than a swede :wink:

Mark18

Post by Mark18 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:06 pm

he is a good manager so i thought
but stick with the 4 - 4 - 2
so it failed once
wow
4 - 5 - 1 at the start then goin to 4 - 4 - 2 threw evrything out the window

Hearts_Ipswich

Post by Hearts_Ipswich » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:17 am

No, give him a 15 year deal :roll:

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:45 am

Sacking him now would be beyond stupid, frankly. Two games to play (at home ffs), qualification in our hands? Yeah, lets sack him :roll:.

And who exactly are we going to get in as a replacement? Before October, because I definitely don't want to see Steve "defend the 1-0 deficit" McClaren as national boss.

Like it or not, Sven has pedigree. Serie A, Coppa Italias, Portugese leage titles, a European Cup final appearance and a UEFA Cup victory with IFK Goteborg. A World Cup Quarter Final, losing to the eventual winners? Yeah he's a crap manager :roll:.

A thourght for you, would people be calling for his head right now if he was English? Erm....no, probably not.

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:38 pm

monstermunch wrote:Sacking him now would be beyond stupid, frankly. Two games to play (at home ffs), qualification in our hands? Yeah, lets sack him :roll:.

And who exactly are we going to get in as a replacement? Before October, because I definitely don't want to see Steve "defend the 1-0 deficit" McClaren as national boss.

Like it or not, Sven has pedigree. Serie A, Coppa Italias, Portugese leage titles, a European Cup final appearance and a UEFA Cup victory with IFK Goteborg. A World Cup Quarter Final, losing to the eventual winners? Yeah he's a crap manager :roll:.

A thourght for you, would people be calling for his head right now if he was English? Erm....no, probably not.
Yes. Nationallity has nothing to do with the clueless, embarassing c*ck-up that was last night.

Number 9

Post by Number 9 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:03 pm

monstermunch wrote:Sacking him now would be beyond stupid, frankly. Two games to play (at home ffs), qualification in our hands? Yeah, lets sack him :roll:.

Okay then, let's sack him if we fail to qualify. How's that sound? And then you can stick up for him, alright? Further, I don't think anyone is callilng for his head because he's a Swede, I think it has more to do with getting beat by Northern Island...if I had to guess :roll:

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:26 pm

Number 9 wrote:

Okay then, let's sack him if we fail to qualify. How's that sound? And then you can stick up for him, alright? Further, I don't think anyone is callilng for his head because he's a Swede, I think it has more to do with getting beat by Northern Island...if I had to guess :roll:
Firstly, I agree. He should be sacked if we fail to qualify. Failing to qualify for a world cup is unacceptable for a team with Englands history and standing. But we will qualify, England have a habit of delivering when it matters (Rome 97, Scotland 99, Germany and Greece 01, Turkey 03) and I'm fairly confident that the Norn Iron defeat is the kick up the arse that this team of overpaid wasters needs.

Secondly, what i was trying to say was people seem to be calling for his head because he's Swedish and we lost to Norn Iron. Posts on here, "Sack the swede", "kick him out of my country" etc etc. It seems that a lot of people who were against him in the first place (purely because he's foreign I might add) are taking this opportunity to bury him because mainstream opinion has come their way.

Poor old Sweden's taken a beating this week :( . It's a great country, you know.

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:19 am

a GD post

But i cant see him Resigning.