MOTM against Coventry?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mork

MOTM against Coventry?

Post by Mork » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:32 am

Curry for me - proudlock was great, but Curry showed why he should be the mature older playing, leading a younger midfield - with no Jim and no Horlock on the pitch, he was on a mission, and tore shreds into Coventry all across the pitch - he showed great leadership, and was the driving force that took us forward.

Otherwise, it'd be Proudlock, an excellent first half debut, only sullied by a ridiculous tactical swap-around by Joe at the beginning of the second half.

Biggest dissapointment was Price for me, he's getting worse, and the goals scored against him are all of a similar type - he can't catch, he seems to have a blind spot for high balls going left to right into his top corner, and his distribution makes Andy Marshall look good.

(only given realistic options, if you think anyone else on the pitch deserved MOTM, you're mad :P)

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:36 am

Agree with you Mork. Currie was MOTM

I now our Captain Magic has been a good servant to the club, but as with
Jamma I dont think Jim can allow Currie or Horlock to be commanding
when he is on the pitch. I cant really explain why its a feeling
I have got. Someone mentioned earlier about Horlock playing better
when Jims not there, I have seen it amongst other players as
well.

As for the Captains armband to De Vos in the absence of Jim,
No way Jose..

Mork

Post by Mork » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:39 am

Earl Blue wrote:Agree with you Mork. Currie was MOTM

I now our Captain Magic has been a good servant to the club, but as with
Jamma I dont think Jim can allow Currie or Horlock to be commanding
when he is on the pitch. I cant really explain why its a feeling
I have got. Someone mentioned earlier about Horlock playing better
when Jims not there, I have seen it amongst other players as
well.

As for the Captains armband to De Vos in the absence of Jim,
No way Jose..
Yes, odd, Nieros and I had exactly the same discussion on our way back to the car - without Jim, more than once now, both Horlock and Curry have shone - Horlock did well last night, and Curry was truly superb - there seems to be a general trend, so what influence is Jim having that is causing that effect?