Price or Supple??

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Rach

Price or Supple??

Post by Rach » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:44 am

Who do you all think is the better keeper and shud be playing for us??

wilkoitfc

Post by wilkoitfc » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:56 am

put joe royle in goal, he'll do a better job there then he will in management- i also most guarentee it

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:47 am

Supple is miles better than Price, Prices kicking has been a joke the past few weeks. Supple needs to be given a chance

tractor_babe

Post by tractor_babe » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:54 am

Supple!!!

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:07 am

Neither!!

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:10 am

Supple. He is inexperienced but atleast he can catch a ball, I cant remember the last time I saw Price catch a ball.

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:10 pm

Luke wrote:Neither!!
:roll:

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:47 pm

Supple, I said he would be better when he came on when Price got injured at Leicester.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:29 pm

Supple

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:58 pm

Supple without a doubt :lol: :lol:

seattle_gk

Post by seattle_gk » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:28 pm

Price is injured. When he isn't injured, he will be first choice.

Price having De Vos take a goal kick should be a clue that he has been playing hurt.

Ipswich Loyal

Post by Ipswich Loyal » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:28 pm

Jonno wrote:Supple is miles better than Price, Prices kicking has been a joke the past few weeks. Supple needs to be given a chance
Supples kicking was awful against Watford.

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:34 pm

Neither..we need a new keeper

twinpeakes

Post by twinpeakes » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:46 pm

can we not grab a keeper on loan? might just have to have a season of mid table form and look to next year

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:50 pm

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Luke wrote:Neither!!
:roll:
What the hells that look for !?!
Its my opinion that neither of them should play. Royle should have got an experinced man in as backup at the least!
Get a grip Dubz, Just beacuse someone doesnt agree with your opinion does now mean they are not entitled to it!

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:38 am

Supple by preference of the two, but I agree with Luke - we should have tried to get some experience in at the beginning of the year, because Price has cost us goals, and neither have the experience required to perform consistently week in, week out (though again, bizarrely Supple looks the most likely).

curries_babe

Post by curries_babe » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:56 am

Supple is far more better

Jome_ITFC

Post by Jome_ITFC » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:13 am

are you lot blind? supple was awful! his control was shocking, his too small and when he tried to catch a ball he ended up out of his area, and dont even start me on his kicking. where as price has been reasonably solid so far. im surprised that this is even a topic for disscusion.

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:23 am

2sexy4you wrote:are you lot blind? supple was awful! his control was shocking, his too small and when he tried to catch a ball he ended up out of his area, and dont even start me on his kicking. where as price has been reasonably solid so far. im surprised that this is even a topic for disscusion.
3 sunday papers had supple in their championship team of the week. And he was noted on the Championship review as having put in a blinder - without him, we'd have taken a drubbing.

So your talking crap.

burgesshillblue

Post by burgesshillblue » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:24 am

Supple probably is the more talented but like Bowditch lacks the physique to stand up to the big 6 footers that every team we play against seem to have in abundance. In a years time he could be the answer.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:43 am

Barmy Army wrote:
Jonno wrote:Supple is miles better than Price, Prices kicking has been a joke the past few weeks. Supple needs to be given a chance
Supples kicking was awful against Watford.[/quote

In your opinion it may well have been mate, but then you
undoubtedly agree that Prices kicking is even worse..

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:00 am

I liked Price last year when he stood in for Davis, when he was'nt first choice and had something to prove.

Now he is first choice he seems to have lost the urge to play well.

So now we have Supple in the same position as Price last season who is fighting for his place and when he does play puts in a blinder.

Supple now should be given a run in the team.

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:17 pm

We should have snapped up Shaka Hislop when we had a chance to in the Summer, his experience alone would have been perfect.

Rach

Post by Rach » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:20 pm

Ojc wrote:I liked Price last year when he stood in for Davis, when he was'nt first choice and had something to prove.

So now we have Supple in the same position as Price last season who is fighting for his place and when he does play puts in a blinder.

Supple now should be given a run in the team.
I agree completely ... for some reason, Price seemed to play MUCH better last season, whereas now he's seems more nervy all the time.

And ITFC10, I dont reckon Shaka wouldv wanted to come here .... not when he was offered Prem wages at West Ham

Hacaman

Post by Hacaman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:20 pm

ITFC10 wrote:We should have snapped up Shaka Hislop when we had a chance to in the Summer, his experience alone would have been perfect.
Can Shaka play in midfield :wink:

I unsterstand some people wanted an experienced 'keeper in, but the idea was to spend the money elsewhere, shame it wasn't spent where we need it, to create goals

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:22 pm

Im sure if he could play Midfield, Royle would have snapped him up by now :lol:

seattle_gk

Post by seattle_gk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:34 pm

Rach wrote:
Ojc wrote:
I agree completely ... for some reason, Price seemed to play MUCH better last season, whereas now he's seems more nervy all the time.
I don't understand why you folks can't see that Price has been playing with injuries since September. It is the most obvious reason for his lack of form. I wouldn't write him off after his excellent performance last season, and at the start of this season.

Hacaman

Post by Hacaman » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:40 pm

we're not writing him off

Supposedly there is not a no.1

the majority on here just feel that Supple should be given the chance

Rach

Post by Rach » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:24 pm

seattle_gk wrote:
Rach wrote:
Ojc wrote:
I don't understand why you folks can't see that Price has been playing with injuries since September. It is the most obvious reason for his lack of form. I wouldn't write him off after his excellent performance last season, and at the start of this season.
How do you know he's been playing with injuries?? Sorry, but there's been no talk of that from the club and the only reason he didnt play on Saturday was because of a cold. If he was ever injured, Joe wouldnt play him.

And, no-one is writing him off....its just the majority believe that Supple is the better goalkeeper and subsequently the better option to play between the two.

seattle_gk

Post by seattle_gk » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:56 pm

Rach wrote:
How do you know he's been playing with injuries?? Sorry, but there's been no talk of that from the club and the only reason he didnt play on Saturday was because of a cold. If he was ever injured, Joe wouldnt play him.

And, no-one is writing him off....its just the majority believe that Supple is the better goalkeeper and subsequently the better option to play between the two.
Price missed the Wales WC Qualifiers with hip and back problems. Town's keeper coach was quoted in those annoucements (not on the ITFC site mind you). Hip problems don't go away quickly, and you can imagine how a bad hip would affect your kicking. I can't imagine any other reason for Price having De Vos take goal kicks other than an injury.

If Price was playing while carrying injuries, that should tell you all something about how JR and the other coaches that see Price and Supple every day feel about their skills.

That said, if Price is hurt, play Supple. And be glad that the 18 year old is anywhere near good enough for there to be a debate. It sure would be nice if he could get taller somehow though. If I was managing, the 6'0" guy would have to be a lot better to play in the Championship in front of a competent 6'3" keeper. And this is coming from a 6'0" keeper.