Skard offered a contract

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:15 pm

Luke wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote:
Foxy Lady wrote:We have a wealth of talent in our academy and we sign an amatuer.........Oh the joy!!!

Well he better be good as why waste precious money on him.
Yes I know hes free.........but his wages aren't!!
We've only just signed him, you haven't seen him play and ALREADY your on his back, top marks :roll:
A bit like you and Proudlock, And you and Fish...
The list goes on :wink: :lol:
I've seen Proudlock and Fish play before whereas Linda hasn't seen Skaard kick a ball yet :roll:

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:15 pm

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Luke wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote: We've only just signed him, you haven't seen him play and ALREADY your on his back, top marks :roll:
I've seen Proudlock and Fish play before whereas Linda hasn't seen Skaard kick a ball yet :roll:
Fair play matey.

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:27 am

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Luke wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote: We've only just signed him, you haven't seen him play and ALREADY your on his back, top marks :roll:
How can that be getting on his back??

All I said was why sign an ametuer when we have our academy and the fact we don't have much money to spend.

I hope he does do well I really do,if hes a different player in midfield and Joes see's this in him,who am I going to argue with Joe.
He has a lot lot more experiece than any of us on here.

Wasn't we all praising Jaime Peters before we saw him play??

Hopefully Skaard will be in the reseves monday night and I can see him PLAY then and make my decsision.

Jome_ITFC

Post by Jome_ITFC » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:35 am

Rach wrote:
Joe Royle in the EADT wrote:“Vemund has done very well in the short time we have seen him and deserves this. He is a different type of midfielder to the ones we have already. He is defensively minded in midfield and gets everywhere.”
That sounds good to me, it'll be nice to have someone different. Personally, Im really excited about this signing....Im sure Joe wouldve signed him unless he believes he can do a job for us.
hmmm, im all for joe strengthening the squad, but im sure we need a player who can supply great balls to the attack rather then play defensively, but hey he may end up bening a great asset, so lets wait and see :wink:

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:36 am

Thats all we can do, wait and see....

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:39 am

2sexy4you wrote:
Rach wrote:
Joe Royle in the EADT wrote:“Vemund has done very well in the short time we have seen him and deserves this. He is a different type of midfielder to the ones we have already. He is defensively minded in midfield and gets everywhere.”
That sounds good to me, it'll be nice to have someone different. Personally, Im really excited about this signing....Im sure Joe wouldve signed him unless he believes he can do a job for us.
hmmm, im all for joe strengthening the squad, but im sure we need a player who can supply great balls to the attack rather then play defensively, but hey he may end up bening a great asset, so lets wait and see :wink:
Yes I agree we do need a good inventive midfielder. Hopefully Garvan will fill JIm's boots for this role.

But more than anything , we need a player with some true grit in midfiled - who can win the ball, break up oppositions attcaks, get in amongst them and break up their play. We have no one (other than Westy ) who can fill this role.

We are too "soft " in midfield IMHO and are easily turned over - and more improtantly "over run" week in week out. We need some "hard man authority" in the middle .

Hopefuly Joe has found his man with this Norwegian guy - shame we cant use him until New Year. :roll: