The grief Parkin gets...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

toby

The grief Parkin gets...

Post by toby » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:05 am

Just set me wondering about some of the players down the years who've become target's for the boo boys.

The first one that I really remember was Mich D'Avry, who was another tall striker who had the misfortune to be replacing a Town legend, Paul Mariner, and was never really given a proper chance before people started getting on his back.

The next one was Scowcroft, both in his original spell and especially when he came back on loan (although I must admit he was utter pants when he came back!) and now of course there's Parkin.

Now like D'Avry I think Parkin is suffering a bit because he has come in to replace a different kind of player in Shefki Kuqi (not saying that Kuqi is in the same class as Mariner was though!).

Kuqi would always give 100% and run himself into the ground and this gave the fans a reason to overlook his many failings in terms of actual skill (although strangely enough Kuqi took a lot of time to win the fans over and was derided himself when he first came to the club).

Not sure what my point is really, especially as I've not seen enough of Parkin to judge for myself, but it seems to me that (some) Town fans have always been quick to get on the backs of tall strikers (not literally!) and not really give them a proper chance.

Parkin is our only regular scorer at the moment and with Forster injured more often than not and Bowditch not performing I really don't see the point in people slating our only real attacking option!

Himple

Post by Himple » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:43 am

agree with EVERYTHING said there.

There's a right tw*t sitting next to me who slates parkin everytime he gets the ball, not only parkin , but richards, sometimes naylor :? and the last home game i had enough and just had a right go at him , he didnt say one thing after that.

About time people got behind the lad so he can bang them in at home , if not , we aint gonna get the goals we need and could end up in deep sh*te!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:45 am

Himple_ITFC wrote:agree with EVERYTHING said there.

There's a right tw*t sitting next to me who slates parkin everytime he gets the ball, not only parkin , but richards, sometimes naylor :? and the last home game i had enough and just had a right go at him , he didnt say one thing after that.

About time people got behind the lad so he can bang them in at home , if not , we aint gonna get the goals we need and could end up in deep sh*te!
That'll be Bluebird then :lol:

the reason parkin gets stick IMHO is because we paid out good money and the fans were expecting instant results, but as ive said before, theres no point in having a good striker if the rest of the team just hoof the ball up to him...sort the midfield out and parkin will come good

Himple

Post by Himple » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:48 am

riviera wrote:

the reason parkin gets stick IMHO is because we paid out good money and the fans were expecting instant results, but as ive said before, theres no point in having a good striker if the rest of the team just hoof the ball up to him...sort the midfield out and parkin will come good
:lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:54 am

riviera wrote:

If it was about Currie and DeVos then maybe :lol: :wink:

I've been saying for weeks we need to build up Sammy's confidence, give him some service and then IMO he will be the real deal! :D

Himple

Post by Himple » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:56 am

bet ya love it when Currie scores :lol:

Come on super Sam , prove the fickle people who slate you wrong!

toby

Post by toby » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:58 am

Lol...Bluebird is rapidly becoming the Sam Parkin of this forum!

He tries his best but still gets made the scapegoat for everything and everyone is always having a pop at him!

:lol: :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:04 am

toby wrote:Lol...Bluebird is rapidly becoming the Sam Parkin of this forum!

He tries his best but still gets made the scapegoat for everything and everyone is always having a pop at him!

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats quality 8)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:39 am

Players like Laurie Sivell (GK) and of course Andy (windmill) Marshall, Mick Mills too :shock: Geoff Hammond, Graham Harbey...are a few that I can recall getting the wrong end of NS attentions over the years !

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:41 am

well wadda expect ! he IS an Essex boy !

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:46 pm

what about jamma wright? he used to "missing" and i remember alot of people seemed to dislike him.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:48 pm

riviera wrote:

Dont ya just love it Riv when its put on a plate for you..

''Classic intercourse''

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:

well wadda expect ! he IS an Essex boy !
Nothing wrong with this Essex boy HB :lol: :lol:

well I guess there is, but I'm getting help :wink: