the writing is on the wall

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

twinpeakes

the writing is on the wall

Post by twinpeakes » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:52 am

Moyes reassures Bent over future

Bent player statistics
Everton boss David Moyes has reassured Marcus Bent that he has an important part to play in the club's future.
The 27-year-old striker was left out of Everton's 16-man squad for the crucial 1-0 win at Birmingham on Saturday.

And Moyes confirmed to the club website that Bent was not carrying an injury and was left out for tactical reasons.

Moyes said: "Marcus has been great for us but I wanted other options. We are beginning to get a bigger squad here and the decisions will get tighter."

Looks like Bent could be on his way out in January

From BNM
Have your say on 606
James Beattie is back in the starting line-up after recovering from a foot injury, while Dutch winger Andy Van der Meyde made his first start at the weekend.

It was the first time Bent had been left on the sidelines since his arrival at the club in July 2004.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:22 am

another move shouldnt be a new experience for Bent ....and Im sure there would be a buyer.
Personally I feel he is a better player than Beattie , who is IMHO overrated !

crazee

Post by crazee » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:14 pm

i think Bent was sold as goalscorer but he simply isnt, he went something like 20 apperances with Port Vale with out a goal for flip sake, ah well do we have a sell on clause?

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:10 pm

crazee wrote:i think Bent was sold as goalscorer but he simply isnt, he went something like 20 apperances with Port Vale with out a goal for flip sake, ah well do we have a sell on clause?
lol this is Ipswich we are talking about !

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:02 am

squiz18 wrote:
crazee wrote:i think Bent was sold as goalscorer but he simply isnt, he went something like 20 apperances with Port Vale with out a goal for flip sake, ah well do we have a sell on clause?
lol this is Ipswich we are talking about !

what a bunch of cynics we are...myself included :)

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:57 am

I don't think Bent was regarded as very hot property when we let him go. I would say getting 1mill for him was one of the best deals the present board have done. Can't see there being a sell on clause.

toby

Post by toby » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:34 am

Dubai Blue wrote:I don't think Bent was regarded as very hot property when we let him go. I would say getting 1mill for him was one of the best deals the present board have done. Can't see there being a sell on clause.
I thought we sold him for about £450,000 didn't we?

Where does the figure of £1million come from?

Rach

Post by Rach » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:52 pm

toby wrote:
Dubai Blue wrote:I don't think Bent was regarded as very hot property when we let him go. I would say getting 1mill for him was one of the best deals the present board have done. Can't see there being a sell on clause.
I thought we sold him for about £450,000 didn't we?

Where does the figure of £1million come from?
Yeah Im sure it was about £450k....we just wantd to get rid coz of his high wages really....