Thoughts

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Earl Blue

Thoughts

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:32 pm

Ok it was a great result considering we were behind twice.

Goals from Matt Richards, Magilton & Bam Bam.. Yes we expect them
to score from time to time, or in the case of Magic or Matty do we??

No I am not getting at the performace a) because I was not there
and b) it is hard to come back when behind, but STRIKE force again??

I was not able to listen to Radio or anything but would appreciate
any comments on our strikeforce..

Rach

Post by Rach » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:33 pm

I was listening on the radio....the team seemed to be playing well, particularly in the first half, and McDonald seemed quality.

I think the only let down was our defending, as well as some quality finishing from Dexter Blackstock.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:35 pm

Rach wrote:I was listening on the radio....the team seemed to be playing well, particularly in the first half, and McDonald seemed quality.

I think the only let down was our defending, as well as some quality finishing from Dexter Blackstock.
Thanks Rach..

Rach

Post by Rach » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:37 pm

No problem, I only heard on the radio, so obv wont be able to tell you as much as someone who went to the game will.

But, to me it sounded like a good team performance....and the midfield seemed to be really working well together.

It was definately the sort of game which could have gone either way, so a draw is a fair result.

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:41 pm

Sounded very much like the two Dean's did the damage in the first half, after going 2-1 we had a bit of a shaky patch but recomposed and nicked the draw.

And Super Sam nearly snatched a winner at the death...

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:42 pm

Well to me it sounded like we were undone by Idiakez free kicks and theyre big players who can head the ball.

McDonald , Parkin and Bowditch sounded like they all had good games. Whether they scored or not is by the by as long as the team scores. Juan Sounded like he had a good game as well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:53 pm

wasnt there so cant comment really - but ...if we had (even for us ) a much weakened midfiled ...was the defence yet again "over run" from opposition attackers ?....was our strike force - again not given the right service ?

Just asking the questions , thats all, would appreciate any away fans views !

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:55 pm

essexboy21 wrote:Sounded very much like the two Dean's did the damage in the first half, after going 2-1 we had a bit of a shaky patch but recomposed and nicked the draw.

And Super Sam nearly snatched a winner at the death...
I tell yer...this boy is getting closer and closer to gelling onto the side ...my monies on a home goal before too long ....and he still hasnt had a regular strike partner...god help the opposition when Forster and Parkin DO gel

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:01 pm

BB text me at halftime and said we looked very good going forward, but very dodgy at the back.............sounds similar to the of last season

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Id be intrested to hear feed back about Dean McDonnald from people at the game tonight.
For me in the past he gets himself in some great areas, But always takes one to many touches or dances around once to often.
Does all the hard work but lacks end product.
Was he any differnt tonight ?

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:37 pm

Luke wrote:Id be intrested to hear feed back about Dean McDonnald from people at the game tonight.
For me in the past he gets himself in some great areas, But always takes one to many touches or dances around once to often.Does all the hard work but lacks end product.
just like young Sixto

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 pm

SashaBlue wrote:
Luke wrote:Id be intrested to hear feed back about Dean McDonnald from people at the game tonight.
For me in the past he gets himself in some great areas, But always takes one to many touches or dances around once to often.Does all the hard work but lacks end product.
just like young Sixto
I believe Sixto left the club with a few goals and assists to his name. And a mean tackle too. I look forward to seeing people who saw his performnce tonights comments.

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:04 pm

Luke wrote:
SashaBlue wrote:
just like young Sixto
I believe Sixto left the club with a few goals and assists to his name. And a mean tackle too. I look forward to seeing people who saw his performnce tonights comments.
i wasonly saying that sixto had a habit of staying on the ball too long, and Maccie D will score sooner or later, and sorry my opinion isn'tgood enough

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:01 am

SashaBlue wrote:
Luke wrote:
SashaBlue wrote: just like young Sixto
i wasonly saying that sixto had a habit of staying on the ball too long, and Maccie D will score sooner or later, and sorry my opinion isn'tgood enough
Thats ok. :wink:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:18 am

First half we played really well going forward, there was movement and we actually passed the ball :shock: The downside was defensively we are as poor as ever, backing off in midfield still, and DeVos is starting to make Currie look aggressive :(

Second half, Joe substitutions up set the balance of the side, with Currie in particular failing to pick up the pace of the game. However, we picked up again, got it back to 3-3 and at the end it was all us, and we could have won the game!

IMHO that was the best I've seen us play this season! But FFS learn to tackle you tarts!!! :lol: :lol:

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:16 am

bluebird wrote:First half we played really well going forward, there was movement and we actually passed the ball :shock: The downside was defensively we are as poor as ever, backing off in midfield still, and DeVos is starting to make Currie look aggressive :(

Second half, Joe substitutions up set the balance of the side, with Currie in particular failing to pick up the pace of the game. However, we picked up again, got it back to 3-3 and at the end it was all us, and we could have won the game!

IMHO that was the best I've seen us play this season! But FFS learn to tackle you tarts!!! :lol: :lol:
Didnt do that bad he set up Matty :lol: