Magic's free kick

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Magic's free kick

Post by Riviera » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:03 pm

seen it on sky just now, not sure ive seen a town player score a better one for a very long time, i know Veno's used to be pretty good but magics was awsome

if u get a chance make sure u see it

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:35 am

he did exactly the same kind of free kick at derby two season ago I believe - went straight in and the GK never moved a muscle - we won 4-0 I think !

crazee

Post by crazee » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:03 am

i remeber that game Hallam, im fair sure Holland scored with what was his final touch for Town

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:07 am

crazee wrote:i remeber that game Hallam, im fair sure Holland scored with what was his final touch for Town
Correct, that was right in front of me

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:34 am

crazee wrote:i remeber that game Hallam, im fair sure Holland scored with what was his final touch for Town
yep he sure did !....and we all knew he was leaving despite his "buy your season ticket for next season, and I might stay"..plea -yer right ! :roll:

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:29 pm

It was 'Magic'. :lol:

Just shows there is life in the old dog yet. Fantastic goal.

One of the best games of footy I have seen Town play all season.
I was a very fast game.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:12 am

:shock: What a screamer.....maybe theres life in the old dog yet.

crazee

Post by crazee » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:35 am

seen the goal a few times, its a dam good goal, who needs beckham? :lol:

Fully

Post by Fully » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:39 am

crazee wrote:seen the goal a few times, its a dam good goal, who needs beckham? :lol:
Scotland? :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:00 pm

phily bon bon wrote::shock: What a screamer.....maybe theres life in the old dog yet.
Jim played well for the first time this season on wednesday! IMO it was the movement around him that gave him options, which he used to boss the game for long periods!

If Jim hits some form, we will win matches!!!! :D

That goal was worth the admission money!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:05 pm

bluebird wrote:
phily bon bon wrote::shock: What a screamer.....maybe theres life in the old dog yet.
Jim played well for the first time this season on wednesday! IMO it was the movement around him that gave him options, which he used to boss the game for long periods!

well what i feel it demonstrates is that Town have been their most effective as an attacking force when we have had some youthful legs in midfield with Jim's guile - as you say it "releases" Jim to do his damage on the opponents box.

As soon as you have the combination of the three slowest players in the side (currie , magic, and horlock), it spells trouble in terms of our midfiled being slow , predicatable and invariably overrun !

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:11 pm

hallamblue wrote:
bluebird wrote:

well what i feel it demonstrates is that Town have been their most effective as an attacking force when we have had some youthful legs in midfield with Jim's guile - as you say it "releases" Jim to do his damage on the opponents box.

As soon as you have the combination of the three slowest players in the side (currie , magic, and horlock), it spells trouble in terms of our midfiled being slow , predicatable and invariably overrun !
Thanks alot HB! I'm feeling positive for the first time in weeks, and you bring me down to earth with a bump!! :lol:

Surely Joe wont go back to that midfield???

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:44 pm

bluebird wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
bluebird wrote: Jim played well for the first time this season on wednesday! IMO it was the movement around him that gave him options, which he used to boss the game for long periods!

Thanks alot HB! I'm feeling positive for the first time in weeks, and you bring me down to earth with a bump!! :lol:

Surely Joe wont go back to that midfield???
Hmmmm - want to bet?? :shock:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:01 am

Just seen it again, on soccer AM :D

Super Jim Magilton!!!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:22 am

SUPER, SUPER SAM
SUPER, SUPER SAM
SUPER, SUPER SAM
SUPER SAMMY PARKIN.....................

HIS EYES THEY SHINE LIKE DIAMONDS