My thoughts

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Gaz

My thoughts

Post by Gaz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Just got back from the game and I’m happy with a point from a brilliant game (how many times have we been able to say that this season)

We looked good going forward first half, mini mc looked really good and caused Derby trouble down the left side. Naylor had his usual good game at the back and scored a quality header, but for me De Vos has lost the plot, he has either forgot how to jump or someone has put concrete in his boots, he was bloody awful tonight. Fab should start with Naylor at the back.

Jim Magilton’s free kick was absolutely superb, if Beckham or Roberto Carlos had scored it you’d never hear the last of it, look out for it on TV.

Matty Richards had another good game in midfield and his header was unbelievable, if anyone has seen Luis Garcia’s header for Liverpool against Anderlect then it was just like that but better, I would say that though.

My ratings.

Price 6 - His kicking still lets him down but kept us in the game with a good save with his legs.

Sito 5 - Had his first bad game in a Town shirt, didn’t get stuck in enough.

De Vos 4 - Old concrete boots was useless nuff said.

Naylor 7 - Another steady game from bam bam and took his goal well, just needs a better partner with him at centre back.

Wilnis 6 - Reliable as ever without doing anything special.

McDonald 7 - Should start on the left more often, has bags of pace which scares defenders and put some really good balls over.

Magilton 8 - His best game for a long time, kept hold of the ball and didn’t make stupid passes to no one as he has been lately, his free kick was amazing.

Richards 8 - Another good game in midfield a place where he should play all the time, superb header for his goal.

Juan 7 - Jimmy played well tonight and put himself about a bit, Royle is going to have a hard job dropping him when everyone is fit.

Bowditch 5 - Did nothing to make me change my mind about him. What has happened to the Deano that used to take players on and beat them?

Parkin 8 - Sam played well tonight and won the header which led up to our third goal, he also had a goal disallowed for offside when he was never off. He was also booked for nothing.

Subs.

McEveley 5 - Can he pass the ball straight or does he need glasses?

Currie 7 - I thought he did well when he came on, his ball over for the third goal was pin point.

Proudlock 6 - Made a few good runs and looked up for it. Should start on Saturday instead of Bowditch.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:52 am

Great post FU#"ING pissed off we still cant defend,but a point away from home is still a point.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:22 am

Great post Gaz, I think your spot on with your player ratings, although a tad geneous for DeVos & Currie :wink:

I'm surprised you watched the game, you were so quiet, I thought you were asleep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:24 am

GB was covering the match on sky sports

he thought parkin was off the pace and lacked confidence, also said his goal was not offside

also mentioned joe's tactics which upset the balance of the team

worst of all was the great big grin on his face when derby scored :shock:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:27 am

riviera wrote:GB was covering the match on sky sports

he thought parkin was off the pace and lacked confidence, also said his goal was not offside

The only person in the ground who thought it was offside was the ******* linesman :twisted: :twisted:

But we sang for Sammy anyway :D

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:48 am

bluebird wrote:Great post Gaz, I think your spot on with your player ratings, although a tad geneous for DeVos & Currie :wink:

I'm surprised you watched the game, you were so quiet, I thought you were asleep :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm always like that when we are losing mate :lol:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:53 am

Gaz ?? Bowditch 5 ???? your aving a laugh aint ya. id give him a 3, he was sh*te, he is VERY lazy and cant pass the ball to save him life, and he has absolutley No bottle at all

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:09 am

Jonno wrote:Gaz ?? Bowditch 5 ???? your aving a laugh aint ya. id give him a 3, he was sh*te, he is VERY lazy and cant pass the ball to save him life, and he has absolutley No bottle at all
De Vos was worse than Bowditch last night :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:15 am

Gaz wrote:
Jonno wrote:Gaz ?? Bowditch 5 ???? your aving a laugh aint ya. id give him a 3, he was sh*te, he is VERY lazy and cant pass the ball to save him life, and he has absolutley No bottle at all
:shock: Nooooo!!!

I'd love to know what DeVos is doing to get picked, because it clearly isn't on the pitch. He gets worse every time I see him play :roll:
Perhaps Joe will decide his best position is in midfield :lol: :lol:

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:03 am

bluebird wrote:
Gaz wrote:
:shock: Nooooo!!!

I'd love to know what DeVos is doing to get picked, because it clearly isn't on the pitch. He gets worse every time I see him play :roll:
Perhaps Joe will decide his best position is in midfield :lol: :lol:

More like left back

in the F#¤"ing changing rooms

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:20 am

I saw Burley was comentating on that game, i thought he was pretty fair to both sides. Called Naylor Bam Bam which no one else in the country would understand. I felt abit sorry for him really, He hasnt had the best of times in the past 8 months or so.

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:24 am

squiz18 wrote:

I saw Burley was comentating on that game, i thought he was pretty fair to both sides. Called Naylor Bam Bam which no one else in the country would understand. I felt abit sorry for him really, He hasnt had the best of times in the past 8 months or so.
Wonder how we'll all feel if he ends up with the Norwich job.....

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:32 pm

Mork wrote:
squiz18 wrote:

Wonder how we'll all feel if he ends up with the Norwich job.....

I would never forgive him.Besides worthless is doing a streling job atm. :D