Wenger unhappy at media influence

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Wenger unhappy at media influence

Post by Dazza » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:27 pm

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has accused the media of fuelling his feud with Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. Wenger is unhappy at stories claiming he called Mourinho stupid, and told reporters: "You must listen to what I say and not write what I do not say.

"Have I said he is stupid? By implication? You have to respect what I say and not what you think I have said.

"I know exactly what I say - not what you think I have said. I have seen some quotes and they are not right."

Wenger had earlier responded to criticism by Mourinho by saying: "When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent."

But he feels his comments were interpreted wrongly, and added: "What does that mean, that I have said he is stupid?

"I never said he is stupid. You can think what you want but do not make me say what I did not say.

"I said the sentence. You do what you want with the sentence but you cannot put that I indicated somebody is stupid."
Please tell me someone else is as confused by that story as I am.... :lol:

crazee

Post by crazee » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:42 pm

im confused aswell :lol:

i think bascially he is covering his arse so the premierleague dont try and fine him or sumit

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:43 pm

crazee wrote:im confused aswell :lol:

i think bascially he is covering his arse so the premierleague dont try and fine him or sumit
I just feel I cant read English, its like a tounge twister :lol:

Rach

Post by Rach » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:47 pm

I heard that on Radio One this morn....its even funnier hearin him say it!! :lol:

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:54 am

Could´nt give a flying F#"K....there is far too much focus one only three or four clubs in the prem the rest of english football leagues seem only to fill a few inches of column space......and YES there are a handful of teams outside the prem......somewhere.

toby

Post by toby » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:11 am

Let's consider the evidence...

Chelsea have a couple of dodgy results.
Arsenal continue to struggle in the Premiership.

Mourinho starts up media frenzy over his "feud" with Wenger.
Wenger retaliates.

Everyone forgets about the two clubs dodgy results and only talks about the "feud".

Who are the winners here?

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:16 am

toby wrote:Let's consider the evidence...

Chelsea have a couple of dodgy results.
Arsenal continue to struggle in the Premiership.

Mourinho starts up media frenzy over his "feud" with Wenger.
Wenger retaliates.

Everyone forgets about the two clubs dodgy results and only talks about the "feud".

Who are the winners here?
Buggered if I know Toby, can you repeat the question?? :lol: :lol: