Town Approach to Iranian?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Town Approach to Iranian?

Post by Riviera » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:23 am

Chairman David Sheepshanks says he isn't ruling out approaching Kia Joorabchian if the Iranian-born businessman's Media Sports Investment consortium fails in its bid to buy West Ham United. However, there seems no evidence that Joorabchian has any interest in the Blues.

Chief executive Derek Bowden revealed earlier in the season that a controlling interest in the club would cost an investor £4-£5 million, while Sheepshanks effectively put a price of £6 million on the club this week.

Sheepshanks says that Joorabchian, whose bid for West Ham is reported to have stalled, has not had any contact with Town and in any case may not be interested in a Championship side which doesn't own its ground: "I have not approached him but I am perfectly happy to talk to the guy.

"Very often, people interested in making that kind of investment are only interested in Premier League clubs."

Media Sports Investment are also the owners of Brazilian league side Corinthians and are reported to have links with Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky.

Sheepshanks has ruled out further investment by Michael Spencer, currently the club's biggest shareholder. Spencer, who runs investment brokers Icap, put £250,000 into the club via the share issue.

Town have been trying to attract further investment and continue to look for and talk to interested parties.

Fully

Post by Fully » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:29 am

Why didnt we approach Abramovich and link up with Chelsea?

crazee

Post by crazee » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:07 am

MSI/Corinthians are under investigation in brazil, sumit to do with money laundring

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:12 am

crazee wrote:MSI/Corinthians are under investigation in brazil, sumit to do with money laundring
chance of a clean sheet then? :lol:

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:51 am

Is it just me or does £250k from the majority shareholder not seem like pittance!

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:11 am

riviera wrote:
crazee wrote:MSI/Corinthians are under investigation in brazil, sumit to do with money laundring
chance of a clean sheet then? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I loved it Riv :lol: :lol:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:16 am

cheers PBB, a rival for the tobster???

nah ur right maybe not :lol:

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:52 am

Fully wrote:Why didnt we approach Abramovich and link up with Chelsea?
Because this isn't FM 2006

Fully

Post by Fully » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:04 am

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Never said it was. :roll:

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:11 am

Fully wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote:
What is in it for Abramovich, tell me that.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:48 am

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Fully wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote: Because this isn't FM 2006
prestige of course :D

squiz18

Re: Town Approach to Iranian?

Post by squiz18 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:22 am

riviera wrote:
Chairman David Sheepshanks says he isn't ruling out approaching Kia Joorabchian if the Iranian-born businessman's Media Sports Investment consortium fails in its bid to buy West Ham United. However, there seems no evidence that Joorabchian has any interest in the Blues.

Chief executive Derek Bowden revealed earlier in the season that a controlling interest in the club would cost an investor £4-£5 million, while Sheepshanks effectively put a price of £6 million on the club this week.

Sheepshanks says that Joorabchian, whose bid for West Ham is reported to have stalled, has not had any contact with Town and in any case may not be interested in a Championship side which doesn't own its ground: "I have not approached him but I am perfectly happy to talk to the guy.

"Very often, people interested in making that kind of investment are only interested in Premier League clubs."

Media Sports Investment are also the owners of Brazilian league side Corinthians and are reported to have links with Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky.

Sheepshanks has ruled out further investment by Michael Spencer, currently the club's biggest shareholder. Spencer, who runs investment brokers Icap, put £250,000 into the club via the share issue.

Town have been trying to attract further investment and continue to look for and talk to interested parties.
Can anyone tell me why Sheepshanks has said this ????. " Here's a guy with a lot of money who might be investing in West Ham. He doesnt even know where ipswich is on the Map but ill become his best friend if he gives me loads of money" :roll:

Fully

Post by Fully » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:37 am

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Fully wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote: Because this isn't FM 2006
Getting some good youth players? Oh, also bringing another club in the Premiership, which could increase his chances of success, ( if of course in the long run we bought some decent players)

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:15 pm

We really have a realistic chance of getting Abramovich :roll:

Pretty sure there's a FIFA rule that you cant own two clubs in the same country or something along them lines, either way it's not gonna happen is it? Throw in to that when you have money to buy players youth don't don't really figure in the clubs plans.

As for this Iranian bloke we're starting to sound a bit desperate, he barely knows who Ipswich are.