Bowditch coy on hammers link

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Fully

Bowditch coy on hammers link

Post by Fully » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:03 pm

Ipswich striker Dean Bowditch is remaining coy over reports that he could be set to join West Ham in the January transfer window.

The 19-year-old, currently stuck in a goal drought, has been linked with a swap deal with The Hammers that could see Carl Fletcher and Gavin Williams move to the Championship outfit.

Ipswich boss Joe Royle has already indicated he is keen to bolster his midfield options, and that he could be tempted to sacrifice one of his current crop of stars in order to facilitate an agreement.

Hammers boss Alan Pardew is known to be a keen admirer of Bowditch, and the forward has refused to rule out the possibility of a winter Premiership move.

"We will have to wait and see what happens then," said Bowditch.

Whilst transfer speculation is currently surrounding his position at Portman Road, Bowditch has advanced his desire to break a 13-month goalless period for the Suffolk outfit.

After scoring just once while on loan at Burnley last season, Bowditch has failed to find the net in 15 appearances so far this term and is confident that he will soon remedy the dire run.

"I don't care if the ball rebounds into the net off my face and I'm left with a bloodied nose. I just want to break my current run," Bowditch continued.

"I am a confident person and I know I'm good enough. I may not be as physically strong as some strikers but that's not my game.

"I feel I've been doing everything else but score. I just need a bit of luck and if I keep going the goals will return."

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:29 pm

In other words, screw this place, if I get an offer, I'm off.

Good riddance.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:03 pm

I hope he hurrys up and leaves

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:51 am

I hope he goes!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:46 am

Yes I noticed his "form" has picked up just slightly over recent games - shop windows and all that !! :roll:

well if Saints can reportedily put an £8m price tag on a total unknown- we should surely be able to ask £2m for "future potentiial " for an England U21 !!

If Town dont ask for it - prospective buyers are never gonna "offer " it are they !!..I think the Town Board, frankly lack the ability to "think big" IMHO !

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:48 am

hallamblue wrote:Yes I noticed his "form" has picked up just slightly over recent games
PMSL did u goto Derby away ? he was terrible, i dont think he has had 1 good game this season, ok he has come on as sub s couple of times and ran at a knackard defence which may of made him look ok, but that is it, hes utter sh*te

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:53 am

Jonno wrote:
hallamblue wrote:Yes I noticed his "form" has picked up just slightly over recent games
PMSL did u goto Derby away ? he was terrible, i dont think he has had 1 good game this season, ok he has come on as sub s couple of times and ran at a knackard defence which may of made him look ok, but that is it, hes utter sh*te
Agreed, I'm only surprised he didn't make the Championship team of the week with donkey DeVos :lol: :lol:

StanstedBlue

Post by StanstedBlue » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:17 am

Dean who?? :lol: :lol: :lol: