Williams in !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:33 pm

Rach wrote:Sounds a good player and a good signing...but surely wev got too many midfielders (who are performing well at the mo...)....I count at least 7 (Garvan, Horlock, Currie, Magilton, Richards, Juan, Westlake) and thats not including McDonald, Peters and now Williams....I cant see who Joe's gonna leave out of the 16 to be honest.....
...true !..but three of those seven have no pace whatsoever !
wot Joe will have if he gets the norwegian guy in - is "options" ref the type of midfield formation he could put out. Up until now I feel Town have been very one paced, one dimensional and very very predictable !

But in answer to others opinions on here - yes, we do need a younger but expereicned defender..but Rome werent built in a day as they say. Our midfield (or lack of it ) has been a problem for many years now IMHO !

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:23 pm

Perhaps the idea is to field so many in the middle of the park that anyone we play can't actually get through to our defence :wink:

- its an interesting but unusual tactic 8)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:04 pm

vzr162 wrote:Perhaps the idea is to field so many in the middle of the park that anyone we play can't actually get through to our defence :wink:

it is I'll grant you that vzr162, since with our current tatics most of the midfield would (I suspect) be redundant and seeking physiotherapy for their stiff necks - due to the number of high balls being hoofed over their heads !!

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:44 pm

hallamblue wrote:
vzr162 wrote:Perhaps the idea is to field so many in the middle of the park that anyone we play can't actually get through to our defence :wink:

it is I'll grant you that vzr162, since with our current tatics most of the midfield would (I suspect) be redundant and seeking physiotherapy for their stiff necks - due to the number of high balls being hoofed over their heads !!
Hence the need to find a more youthful bunch of players - more flexible you see (of body and bone) thus reducing the physio bill!! :wink: :lol:

Also - with so many midfielders on the books they could be rotated thus reducing the risk of RSI 8)

Cunning ehh :lol:

seattle_gk

Post by seattle_gk » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:35 pm

ATB wrote:
ATB wrote:
Phil wrote:so on loan we currently have Juan, McEvily, Williams and Proudlock and were signing that norwigien fella in January.
Juan isn't on loan.. and i didn't think Proudlock was either..
Proudlock was sacked by Sheff Wednesday
actually no according to the website they are both on loan.. my mistake :oops:
The Proudlock loan was just to get around the transfer window regulations. Wednesday reversed their sacking of him and loaned him out just to help Town take him off their hands. Wednesday will surely release him in January.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:36 pm

seattle_gk wrote:
ATB wrote:
ATB wrote: Juan isn't on loan.. and i didn't think Proudlock was either..
Proudlock was sacked by Sheff Wednesday
actually no according to the website they are both on loan.. my mistake :oops:
The Proudlock loan was just to get around the transfer window regulations. Wednesday reversed their sacking of him and loaned him out just to help Town take him off their hands. Wednesday will surely release him in January.
Bet they will try to get a fee for him now though !