Fabian loses appeal ...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Fabian loses appeal ...

Post by Bluebird » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:29 pm

Town's appeal to have Fabian Wilnis' red card against Cardiff rescinded has been turned down by the Football Association Disciplinary Panel.

The Dutch defender will now serve a one match suspension in Saturday's game against Wolves.

Fabian was sent-off by referee Andre Marriner for a professional foul after being judged to have pulled back Cameron Jerome in the 2-1 defeat at Ninian Park.

Town's appeal was built around the fact that the ball appeared to be running through to Blues' keeper Lewis Price as Fabian made his challenge which would have meant that the defender would not have been denying the Cardiff striker a goalscoring opportunity.

The FA Disciplinary Panel didn't see it that way and Fabian will be sidelined for the weekend visit from Glenn Hoddle's side.
Never mind there is always DeVos :lol:

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm

Ok we all know that Fabian made some contact - but when are the FA, FIFA or UEFA going to clean up our game and sort out the theatrical fouls we all keep witnessing.

The guy fell down like a tonne of bricks. Yes there was slight contact, but hardly enough to warrant both a penalty and red card. I don't want to see OTT tackles on players, but what the f**k has happened to the big bunch of girls known as professional footballers.

Robbie savage the other weekend was another example. Get the f**kin violins out man - the guy is a cheat and it is about time the FA, UEFA and FIFA sorted it out. This petty un-sporting behaviour is ruining our game and costing clubs dear!!!

There outburst over!! 8)

toby

Re: Fabian loses appeal ...

Post by toby » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 pm

bluebird wrote:
Town's appeal to have Fabian Wilnis' red card against Cardiff rescinded has been turned down by the Football Association Disciplinary Panel.

The Dutch defender will now serve a one match suspension in Saturday's game against Wolves.

Fabian was sent-off by referee Andre Marriner for a professional foul after being judged to have pulled back Cameron Jerome in the 2-1 defeat at Ninian Park.

Town's appeal was built around the fact that the ball appeared to be running through to Blues' keeper Lewis Price as Fabian made his challenge which would have meant that the defender would not have been denying the Cardiff striker a goalscoring opportunity.

The FA Disciplinary Panel didn't see it that way and Fabian will be sidelined for the weekend visit from Glenn Hoddle's side.
Nah, De Vos lost his appeal ages ago...

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:49 pm

trouble is decsions / rulings like this just send out the totally wrong message to all the cheatin barstewards out there ! problem is we dont appear to have any playing for us at the moment - so the chancs of a penalty decsion going OUR way will be zilch - mind you to get a penalty - you have to first of all get a man and the ball in the box at the same time lol !!

StanstedBlue

Post by StanstedBlue » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:49 pm

One things for sure, Jerome will be on "Platoon" on Soccer AM Saturday morning without fail :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:06 pm

Right, I'm f**king fed up of this and as petty as it sound I plan to write to the FA about this.

Players can cheat and get other professionals sent off BUT if they appeal and they are successful in that appeal how about the ban goes from the defender to the striker.

For example...

Wilnis pulls down Cameron Jerome in our penalty area, Wilnis is sent off for a professional foul and a penalty is awarded.

After the game, Wilnis appeals the decision and for sake of an argument, the FA overturn the decision and ban Jerome for the same period that Fabian WOULD have been suspended for.

In my opinion, this would make the cheats think again and would cause a domino effect as other players like Savage, Christiano Ronaldo etc. will think twice before going to ground like they have been hit by a bloody bus.

The FA need to get their act together, I bet none of them have stood out in the stand and watched a game with the real fans on a wet Tuesday night at Stockport, Tranmere etc.

Time for all the fat cats to do the right thing and employ REAL football fans to help make our beautiful game better.

Opinons?

toby

Post by toby » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:13 pm

I think that's a cracking idea!

Get the FA on the case.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:23 pm

Daddy Dubz wrote:Right, I'm fooking fed up of this and as petty as it sound I plan to write to the FA about this.

Players can cheat and get other professionals sent off BUT if they appeal and they are successful in that appeal how about the ban goes from the defender to the striker.

For example...

Wilnis pulls down Cameron Jerome in our penalty area, Wilnis is sent off for a professional foul and a penalty is awarded.

After the game, Wilnis appeals the decision and for sake of an argument, the FA overturn the decision and ban Jerome for the same period that Fabian WOULD have been suspended for.

In my opinion, this would make the cheats think again and would cause a domino effect as other players like Savage, Christiano Ronaldo etc. will think twice before going to ground like they have been hit by a bloody bus.

The FA need to get their act together, I bet none of them have stood out in the stand and watched a game with the real fans on a wet Tuesday night at Stockport, Tranmere etc.

Time for all the fat cats to do the right thing and employ REAL football fans to help make our beautiful game better.

Opinons?
I think you will find a few of us on this board have been asking for such a thing for a while now dubz. The problem with football is that it is run by moneymen for the good of finance and dominance as opposed to being run for the fans and for entertainment value.

I agree though, if a player gets his ban over-turned then the player accused of cheating should receive his ban. I would be inclined to push it further and suggest that say perhaps a penalty and sending off which shouldn't have happened actually resulted in the cheating team winning the game that their points should be forfeited or that the game should be replayed. I know it is a bit OTT but it would be the only way to root this out of football for good.

Once people played fairly then we wouldn't need to be so harsh or extreme with the rules. Also the use of a TV ref would eliminate most of these issues anyway and save having to use the appeal process.

Another idea could be for ref's to view a first half sending off at half time to see just how right/wrong it was and if need be the player could be re-instated. The game has changed by the way the game is run isn't keeping up and the powers that be are doing nothing to help the situation!!

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:18 pm

Don't disagree with most of this myself BUT .......

There was contact b/w Wilnis & Jerome - Fact. It was minor but it did happen.

Now think about it. Why was there contact ? For sure it wasn't an accident, Wilnis had his arm/hand out. The only conclusion you can draw is that Wilnis intended to disturb Jerome even if only slightly by pulling him back and that is illegal isn't it.

Sure, Jerome made the most of it BUT if he hadn't gone down and missed the goal would that have been fair ? Sure he was theatrical but he wasn't a cheating bar steward was he.

Fact is that if Wilnis had kept his hands to himself, Price might have saved the shot, especially with the night he was having.

twinpeakes

Post by twinpeakes » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:32 pm

fact is Wilnis is past it

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:42 pm

twinpeakes wrote:fact is Wilnis is past it
What an intelligent contribution you have just made to this post :roll:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:51 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:Don't disagree with most of this myself BUT .......

There was contact b/w Wilnis & Jerome - Fact. It was minor but it did happen.

Now think about it. Why was there contact ? For sure it wasn't an accident, Wilnis had his arm/hand out. The only conclusion you can draw is that Wilnis intended to disturb Jerome even if only slightly by pulling him back and that is illegal isn't it.

Sure, Jerome made the most of it BUT if he hadn't gone down and missed the goal would that have been fair ? Sure he was theatrical but he wasn't a cheating bar steward was he.

Fact is that if Wilnis had kept his hands to himself, Price might have saved the shot, especially with the night he was having.
I agree DB, and we also should be honest enough to admit that we have taken them when given to us! Remember Magic's "dive" against Reading at the beginning of last season! :wink:

Mork

Re: Fabian loses appeal ...

Post by Mork » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:42 pm

toby wrote:
bluebird wrote:

Nah, De Vos lost his appeal ages ago...
DeVos has no appeal left.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:47 pm

A seasoned pro like fabian should know that touching a striker running into the box and making contact however little it was will result in a penailty.i thought it a little harse that he recieved his marching orders too,especially as they got a penailty and there was no malice or injury involved.
Wilnes should have and does know better.