Nice To See The Ipswich Influence

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Nice To See The Ipswich Influence

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:49 pm

is working well at Charlton.
If they have their usual 2nd half of the season you never know we might see the 2 Darrens, Herman & Matty back at Portman Road sooner than we thought! :wink:
You can also add Tommy and Kelvin on that list from Sunderland. :lol: :lol:

essexgirl

Re: Nice To See The Ipswich Influence

Post by essexgirl » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:01 pm

Shed On Tour wrote:is working well at Charlton.
If they have their usual 2nd half of the season you never know we might see the 2 Darrens, Herman & Matty back at Portman Road sooner than we thought! :wink:
You can also add Tommy and Kelvin on that list from Sunderland. :lol: :lol:
If they are back in the first team by then! :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:38 am

Bloody shame Benty didn't get that England cap, before he went off the boil though! :roll: :roll:

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:38 pm

bluebird wrote:Bloody shame Benty didn't get that England cap, before he went off the boil though! :roll: :roll:
not so much going off the boil, it is people have sussed him out

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:57 am

SashaBlue wrote:
bluebird wrote:Bloody shame Benty didn't get that England cap, before he went off the boil though! :roll: :roll:
Guessed it would happen - still think he will get some goals in the prem but there is no way he will achieve more than 15 in a season. The guy has talent but I don't think he has the killer edge to make him a world beater - which goes against his own opinion of himself.

To be the best you have to work your as* off - and I personally think Bent is far too lazy to chase that dream.

toby

Post by toby » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:00 pm

the-mole wrote:
SashaBlue wrote:
Guessed it would happen - still think he will get some goals in the prem but there is no way he will achieve more than 15 in a season. The guy has talent but I don't think he has the killer edge to make him a world beater - which goes against his own opinion of himself.

To be the best you have to work your as* off - and I personally think Bent is far too lazy to chase that dream.
Sorry to disagree Moley but he scored again this weekend didn't he? And by all accounts is playing his socks off in a lone striker role (who'd have thought that would happen?).

I reckon that Curbishley is probably good enough to keep Benty motivated and as long as it doesn't go to his head then Darren has the ability to be a 15 goal a season striker with Charlton especially as he has his best years ahead of him.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:12 pm

toby wrote:
the-mole wrote:
SashaBlue wrote: not so much going off the boil, it is people have sussed him out

Certainly cant argue that he is 2nd highest goal scorer in the premiership.

Sorry to disagree Moley but he scored again this weekend didn't he? And by all accounts is playing his socks off in a lone striker role (who'd have thought that would happen?).

I reckon that Curbishley is probably good enough to keep Benty motivated and as long as it doesn't go to his head then Darren has the ability to be a 15 goal a season striker with Charlton especially as he has his best years ahead of him.