Royle anger over Furlong ...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Royle anger over Furlong ...

Post by Bluebird » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:55 am

Ipswich manager Joe Royle felt Paul Furlong should not have been on the pitch to score QPR's second goal in their 2-2 draw at Portman Road.

Furlong clashed with goalkeeper Lewis Price, who was on the ground, in the fourth minute and was booked as Price ended with a bandaged forehead.

Royle said: "Their second goal was scored by someone who shouldn't have been on the pitch. If you stamp on someone's head, you've got to go. The video is very clear. He was jumping over Lewis Price but dropped his foot."

Ipswich captain Jason De Vos said: "I wasn't happy. It looked to me like an intentional stamp, but Paul was adamant that he caught him by mistake as he tried to jump over him. I have to accept that.

"If the referee had thought it intentional, he would have sent him off. I thought the referee did OK and handled the situation well."

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:27 am

The referee booked him, oviously he saw something, would
be interested to know what it was he saw??

burgesshillblue

Royle anger over Furlong

Post by burgesshillblue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:35 am

Yes a bit of a mystery. Either Furlong deliberately trod on Price which is a sending off or it was accidental and therefore no card at all. How he can give a yellow is a mystery.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:38 am

I thought De Vos was going to smack Furlong, he was well wound up :lol:

I didn't see what happened myself I was chatting to Lewis at the time, but others around me said Furlong stamped on Price’s head :evil:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:50 am

Gaz wrote:I thought De Vos was going to smack Furlong, he was well wound up :lol:

I didn't see what happened myself I was chatting to Lewis at the time, but others around me said Furlong stamped on Price’s head :evil:

You should not be distracting the Goal keeper Gaz..

lol

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:57 am

Earl Blue wrote:
Gaz wrote:I thought De Vos was going to smack Furlong, he was well wound up :lol:

lol
LMAO :lol: :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:17 am

Earl Blue wrote:

lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Susie

Post by Susie » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:55 am

Earl Blue wrote:

lol
Dohhhhhhhhhh took me a while to work that one out.

Very funny Earl. :oops: :D :lol:

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:07 pm

I didnt see it, to busy watching the QPR fans celebrating what they thought was a goal :lol: But when i looked down de vos was going purple sjouting at Furlong and price was in a heap on the floor. The ref abd linesman obviously didnt see it. So the guy should either have been red carded or nothing given. Yellow smacks of " im not paying attention but ill believe you " :roll:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:38 pm

I agree that the ref bottled the decision, I've seen the video replays and it's clearly obvious his right foot has stamped down with intent to hurt Price on his way down to the ground.

There's no place for that sort of thing in Football, yet time and time again players get away with it scott free...

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:52 pm

Do you guys and gals think Royle should send video evidence off to the FA
(IF HE HAS NOT ALREADY).

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:54 pm

Earl Blue wrote:Do you guys and gals think Royle should send video evidence off to the FA
(IF HE HAS NOT ALREADY).
Without a doubt!!!

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:57 pm

Earl Blue wrote:Do you guys and gals think Royle should send video evidence off to the FA
(IF HE HAS NOT ALREADY).
I've seen it and yes he should, weather the fa give 2 toss about Ipswich is another matter.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:39 am

Nothing would happen as the Ref has 'seen' the incident and dealt with it at the time :!:

Of course - the fact he seems to have seen something completely different from everyone else doesn't come into it :roll: