Royle delight over super sub Haynes

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Royle delight over super sub Haynes

Post by Bluebird » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:57 am

Ipswich boss Joe Royle saluted super sub Danny Haynes for a "fairytale goal" in the 2-2 draw with QPR.

The teenager headed home his first league goal from a Jim Magilton cross to equalise in the 90th minute.

Royle said: "You can't doubt our honesty and fitness.

"It was a fantastic ball from Jim Magilton and a fairytale goal for young Danny Haynes.

"If we'd lost, I'd have been devastated. In the end I was happy with a point, but we deserved more than that."

Royle also revealed long-serving defender Richard Naylor suffered a suspected broken bone in his hand.
He'll be dropped next match :roll:

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:20 am

don't be silly, he will be given 5 mins at the end when we are 2-0 down

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:00 am

SashaBlue wrote:don't be silly, he will be given 5 mins at the end when we are 2-0 down

Fair point Sasha, and to add, if he claws it back to 2 - 1 for us
and does not get the second then he will be dropped for not over performing...

Lol

twinpeakes

Post by twinpeakes » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:46 am

yeah it's too bad, as I see no reason why he shouldn't start! I mean seriosuly why not! but then again this is Joe, so likely he'll shove Forster up by himself and play that formation that worked so well before....

Susie

Post by Susie » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:46 am

I have seen him play twice. He played really well at Leeds and was then dropped and we heard no more about him. He was amazing on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if that will be the last we see of him for a while again. If that is the case then Joe has definately lost the plot. :?

Rach

Post by Rach » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:00 pm

I think he'll make a decent sub over the rest of the season....he's fast and against tired defenders, he'll cause problems.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:23 pm

Seemed amazing that he was dropped after the leeds game!!

The radio was going mental about him then - so surely he should be in the squad if not the team!! I have no problem with him being a sub - but JR needs to realise that he needs to bring players on ealier the 82nd minute to have an impact.

If these young lads are to get bedded in for next season they need to be playing for like 20-30 minutes a game at least!!!

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:44 pm

With Billy Clarke and Haynes taking turns to learn from Forster off the bench at the end of a game could mean those two could start together next season.

Or even now, its not like they could do anyworse is it really?

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Ojc wrote:With Billy Clarke and Haynes taking turns to learn from Forster off the bench at the end of a game could mean those two could start together next season.

I totally agree with you OJC. Certainly at least give them 45 minutes
a game each whilst we are in this injury crisis. I am very confident
nothing can be any worse and to be honest I really think we should keep
Naylor at the Back where our biggest problem really is..

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:21 pm

Earl Blue wrote:
Ojc wrote:With Billy Clarke and Haynes taking turns to learn from Forster off the bench at the end of a game could mean those two could start together next season.

I totally agree with you OJC. Certainly at least give them 45 minutes
a game each whilst we are in this injury crisis. I am very confident
nothing can be any worse and to be honest I really think we should keep
Naylor at the Back where our biggest problem really is..
Have to agree that the defence does look to be the main problem once again. Starting to score goals again so the defence starts to go AWOL, it's always the way :roll:

leedsblue67

Post by leedsblue67 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:58 pm

Haynes wasn't dropped after the Leeds match. He came on the following Tuesday at Burnley at about the same stage of the match as he did against Leeds and looked like a little boy lost.

I thought he was superb against Leeds, but I think we need to remember that he is only 17 and has a lot of developping to do. He needs to be nurtured (along with others of our youth team). Sometimes it does not do players any good to be put into the first team bfore they are ready. But based on what I saw at Leeds I think we've got a player, based on what I saw at Burnley he still needs time.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:12 pm

leedsblue67 wrote:Haynes wasn't dropped after the Leeds match. He came on the following Tuesday at Burnley at about the same stage of the match as he did against Leeds and looked like a little boy lost.

I thought he was superb against Leeds, but I think we need to remember that he is only 17 and has a lot of developping to do. He needs to be nurtured (along with others of our youth team). Sometimes it does not do players any good to be put into the first team bfore they are ready. But based on what I saw at Leeds I think we've got a player, based on what I saw at Burnley he still needs time.
Understand what you mean Leedblue, but if memory serves
me correctly from the Radio report I heard all the team was lost
in the second half and there was no chance for anyone to be found.

I flew back into Stanstead that night and searched for
ages to get a signal then when I got it the two commentators
for us really did Pee me off with their comments but I guess they
were just being honest.

I think had we got a result at Burnley that weekday that 6 points
on the trot may have given us a bit of a confidence boosters, since that
game things have just got a lot worse most of the time.

leedsblue67

Post by leedsblue67 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:22 pm

You're right Earl, they were a shoddy outfit in the second half and Haynes couldn't be blamed for that. I am just a bit concerned that people are calling for the youth players to be included in the team, but they should remember they are all 17 and I am not sure it would be good for their development to be thrown into a struggling first team. Maybe if we can achieve a comfortable mid table position then it could be time to try them out with an eye on next season.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:26 pm

leedsblue67 wrote:You're right Earl, they were a shoddy outfit in the second half and Haynes couldn't be blamed for that. I am just a bit concerned that people are calling for the youth players to be included in the team, but they should remember they are all 17 and I am not sure it would be good for their development to be thrown into a struggling first team. Maybe if we can achieve a comfortable mid table position then it could be time to try them out with an eye on next season.
Deep down a lot of us know what you mean when talking of
the youngsters, I guess its the heart saying lets try something.

Strange thing was I turned to me Daughter at Half time and said I
think we should bring Haynes on.. My head wonders off when I think
I wonder what might have been if he had of got 30 mins.

Be intersting to see what happens this weekend.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:22 am

I think Leedsblue is totally right - I think our thinking is that we have a group of very talented yougsters at the club who in essence are continually performing well. With the first team playing so badly we want to see a change!!!

By thrusting the youngsters in it opens the door of opportunity for all of them to want a slice of action - and at the same time reminds the first teamers that their place is not guaranteed!!!

Whilst the youngsters can be inconsistent - at least they couldn't be as consistently bad as some of the first team this year hehe!!!

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:00 am

If i were Royle i would start with Clarke and Haynes against Sheffield wednesday on saturday. Whats the worst that could happen ? Give them 45 minutes together at least. If it doesnt work then sub them at half time and bring on Forster. Cant be any worse

toby

Post by toby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:06 am

squiz18 wrote:If i were Royle i would start with Clarke and Haynes against Sheffield wednesday on saturday. Whats the worst that could happen ?
They get crushed by a giant can of Dr Pepper?

Rach

Post by Rach » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:32 pm

squiz18 wrote:If i were Royle i would start with Clarke and Haynes against Sheffield wednesday on saturday. Whats the worst that could happen ? Give them 45 minutes together at least. If it doesnt work then sub them at half time and bring on Forster. Cant be any worse
I think he'll play Haynes with Forster as Dannys been left out of the reserves squad, which might show what Joe's planning...........