Danny's Joy

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Danny's Joy

Post by Bluebird » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:02 am

Danny Haynes was understandably thrilled after marking his home debut with a late equaliser in the 2-2 draw with QPR at Portman Road.

The 17-year-old striker was used as a substitute in the closing stages and headed in a brilliant Jim Magilton pass a minute from time to give Blues a share of the spoils.

"It was fantastic and a dream debut at home for me but the most important thing was that the goal gave us a point," Danny told the Club website.

"It was a special pass from Jim and I knew that it was my chance and I grabbed it.

"When I saw the ball in the back of the net my heart was in my mouth, I just couldn't believe it.

"It was a wonderful feeling and hopefully now I can push on from here and try and become a regular in the first-team squad.

"The young players are coming through and the manager has proved that he will give us a chance if we are playing well enough so it's up to me to take it when I'm handed a first-team opportunity."