Forward role for Bam Bam?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Forward role for Bam Bam?

Post by Bluebird » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:14 am

Richard Naylor's hand is not broken and he should be fit for the weekend game at Sheffield Wednesday with Joe Royle considering using him as a striker at Hillsborough.

Bam Bam played the second-half up front alongside Nicky Forster in the 2-2 draw against QPR on Saturday before going to hospital to have x-rays on his damaged hand which revealed bad bruising but no break.

"We thought it was broken at first, the hand was very swollen after the game," said Town boss Joe.

"He couldn't move his fingers and that's normally a sign of a break.

"It's good news though, he should be okay for Saturday and we will have to think seriously about playing him up front at Sheffield.

"We need some physical presence up there with Sam Parkin out and Adam Proudlock can't play at Hillsborough because of the terms of his agreement over his loan."

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:42 am

Then put wilnis at centre back!
Ive been saying for ages WILNIS CANNOT PLAY FULL BACK ANYMORE!
he gets skinned to easy and that showed for the 2nd goal i think it was. Wilnis might as well have not been there.

Susie

Re: Forward role for Bam Bam?

Post by Susie » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:42 am

bluebird wrote:
Richard Naylor's hand is not broken and he should be fit for the weekend game at Sheffield Wednesday with Joe Royle considering using him as a striker at Hillsborough.

Bam Bam played the second-half up front alongside Nicky Forster in the 2-2 draw against QPR on Saturday before going to hospital to have x-rays on his damaged hand which revealed bad bruising but no break.

"We thought it was broken at first, the hand was very swollen after the game," said Town boss Joe.

"He couldn't move his fingers and that's normally a sign of a break.

"It's good news though, he should be okay for Saturday and we will have to think seriously about playing him up front at Sheffield.

"We need some physical presence up there with Sam Parkin out and Adam Proudlock can't play at Hillsborough because of the terms of his agreement over his loan."

That will please Dubzie. :D :? :roll:

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:47 am

Luke wrote:Then put wilnis at centre back!
he gets skinned to easy and that showed for the 2nd goal i think it was. Wilnis might as well have not been there.
its difficult for me to say as i go to games so rarely but here goes WILNIS CANNOT PLAY FULL BACK even way back when, it's in my recollection that no good going forward as he can't cross the ball. and no being older and slower cant help either.

Luke

Re: reply

Post by Luke » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:51 am

G'daddy wrote:
its difficult for me to say as i go to games so rarely but here goes WILNIS CANNOT PLAY FULL BACK even way back when, it's in my recollection that no good going forward as he can't cross the ball. and no being older and slower cant help either.
He just gets beaten so easily. And if he doesnt get beaten he thinks he is pele dribbling around players.

Vaughan8

Re: reply

Post by Vaughan8 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:39 pm

Luke wrote:
G'daddy wrote:
He just gets beaten so easily. And if he doesnt get beaten he thinks he is pele dribbling around players.
both goals came from some1 running past him on the right wing (ipswich's left back) on saturday!