Kieron - "I was suicidal"

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Diddy Dubz

Kieron - "I was suicidal"

Post by Diddy Dubz » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:01 am

Newcastle United midfielder Kieron Dyer has revealed the extent of his depression following his fitness problems this season.

The England international is finally on the comeback trail after being plagued by injury and illness, but has confessed that his latest setback was almost too much for him to cope with.

"I had been suicidal after the West Brom game in October when I broke down again. I was at an all-time low," he told local radio station Magic 1152.

"That is when the physios, the manager and my family stepped in and kept supporting me, which has got me through. They have been magnificent."

Dyer has been sidelined with a hamstring problem, while also receiving treatment for a mystery illness which has contributed to his lack of fitness.

"I hope to be back sooner rather than later. The team have been struggling and I know I can help when I'm fit," he said.

"I have obviously had a medical problem that the fans didn't know about.

"They just kept seeing me break and they are frustrated by it, but they didn't know the full story.

"Now they do. It was a blessing that the club issued a statement so that everyone now has an explanation to why I kept breaking down. It has taken the pressure off."

No date has yet been set for the 26-year-old's return, with doctors at the British Olympic Medical Centre still trying to help him overcome his problems.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:24 am

Whether you like him or loathe him Dyer is a tremendours talent - this was evident when he was a kid at school and I think it is a shame that due to injuries etc he might not ever hit the top of his potential.

Being an ipswich born and bred lad I guess it is always nice to see one of own doing well in the premiership.

Hope he gets a good recovery and one day hits the level of performance he is capable of.

Mork

Re: Kieron - "I was suicidal"

Post by Mork » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:45 am

My heart literally bleeds.

Not.

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:05 pm

Mork wrote:My heart literally bleeds.

Not.
Thats a little harsh Mork - you can't deny that Dyer is a fantastic talent

Mork

Post by Mork » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:08 pm

Daddy Dubz wrote:

Not.
Nor that he's a complete tw*t with an ego the size of a planet and an attitude that stinks the place the up.

Rach

Post by Rach » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:26 pm

Mork wrote:Nor that he's a complete tw*t with an ego the size of a planet and an attitude that stinks the place the up.
No doubt that views based on something youv read...

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Rach wrote:
Mork wrote:Nor that he's a complete tw*t with an ego the size of a planet and an attitude that stinks the place the up.
No doubt that views based on something youv read...
In fairness Mork is probably right - but the guy is from Ipswich, he does have talent and I would have liked to have seen him play at the top of his game!! I don't think Kieron has been as bad the past couple of years as he was in his younger days!!!

He will be 27 soon and at some point you gotta grow out of that sort of thing - you would have thought!!

nieros
Site Administrator

Post by nieros » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:36 pm

Mork wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote:

Not.
Nor that he's a complete tw*t with an ego the size of a planet and an attitude that stinks the place the up.
Sorry we still talking about dyer here ? So many folks this could partake to ;)

Wasnt it dyer who was walking about all "bling bling" as if he owned Newcastle not so long back? (and got beaten up for his trouble)
Wasnt it also dyer who decided it would be a -really- good idea to start a fight in the middle of a pitch with Bowyer?
Ahh team building at its best!

Fantastic talent, arguably. Wasted, most certainly.

Mork

Post by Mork » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:37 pm

nieros wrote:
Mork wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote: Thats a little harsh Mork - you can't deny that Dyer is a fantastic talent
I know exactly what (who) you mean ;)

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:41 pm

nieros wrote:
Mork wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote: Thats a little harsh Mork - you can't deny that Dyer is a fantastic talent

Wasnt it dyer who was walking about all "bling bling" as if he owned Newcastle not so long back? (and got beaten up for his trouble)
Wasnt it also dyer who decided it would be a -really- good idea to start a fight in the middle of a pitch with Bowyer?

Didn't Bowyer throw the first punch because Kieron wouldn't pass to him when he was in a similar position?

Blame that recist scum Bowyer - not Dyer

toby

Post by toby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:44 pm

My question to Kieron Dyer is "where are your medals?".

He had the talent but he has pissed it up the wall with nothing to show for it, he's not even an England squad player any more.

Even we won something when he left!

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:55 pm

toby wrote:My question to Kieron Dyer is "where are your medals?".

He had the talent but he has pissed it up the wall with nothing to show for it, he's not even an England squad player any more.

When was the last time Newcastle won anything of significance?

toby

Post by toby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:01 pm

Daddy Dubz wrote:

Exactly and they never will win anything if they keep employing (and giving pay rises to) wasters like Dyer.

Dyer has achieved virtually nothing in his career and yet got a pay rise last season of about £20,000 per week!!!

For what exactly?

Has he helped turn Newcastle into a team who are regularly challenging for the title, the FA Cup and Europe?

Or has he helped to breed a Newcastle dressing room that has nothing but contempt for the fans, the board and ultimately the manager(s) and coaching staff?

Didn't Shearer have a swing at him last season because of his appaling attitude and the way he'd corrupted some of the younger players in the squad (including a certain Mr Bramble)?

Sad as it is for me to say this about an Ipswich lad and former Town hero but the game as a whole needs less players like Kieran Dyer.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:26 pm

toby wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote:

Exactly and they never will win anything if they keep employing (and giving pay rises to) wasters like Dyer.

Dyer has achieved virtually nothing in his career and yet got a pay rise last season of about £20,000 per week!!!

For what exactly?

Has he helped turn Newcastle into a team who are regularly challenging for the title, the FA Cup and Europe?

Or has he helped to breed a Newcastle dressing room that has nothing but contempt for the fans, the board and ultimately the manager(s) and coaching staff?

Didn't Shearer have a swing at him last season because of his appaling attitude and the way he'd corrupted some of the younger players in the squad (including a certain Mr Bramble)?

Sad as it is for me to say this about an Ipswich lad and former Town hero but the game as a whole needs less players like Kieran Dyer.
I think bramble was corrupted way before he moved north chap!!!

I agree his attitude in recent years has been appalling!!!

Seems a bit ironic that we are all having a dig at him - yet seem to be supporting Adam Proudlock who is/has been as bad as dyer but because he isn't as big a star he hasn't drawn as much attention to himself.

He has no trophies by his bed side - but then Shearer only has one!!

I don't particularly like the bloke in the slightest - and yes you gotta question if he is getting his just desserts for the attitude he has taken in recent years. There seems to be alot of young footballers with similar attitudes and are the things Dyer has done any different to what George Best had done before??

I am not trying to have a dig people - just trying to get you all to look at the bigger picture!!

toby

Post by toby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:40 pm

But how many medals would Shearer have now if some of his team mates (including Mr Dyer) put in his sort of effort?

They might well have won at least one of the two cup finals that they failed to turn up for giving Newcastle their first major trophy since colour TV was introduced!

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:50 pm

Without wishing to beat about the bush..

I think he had talent, but he wasted it because he could
not cope with the wealth that these players are capable of
making today..

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:09 pm

Just goes to show money doesnt make you happy!

What he earns in a week would take many people between 1-5 years!

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:25 pm

Don't forget that we have an active sell-on clause on Dyer so it is very much in our best interests for him to find his top form and get a mega deal to Madrid.

Let's talk him up chaps :wink:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:00 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:Don't forget that we have an active sell-on clause on Dyer so it is very much in our best interests for him to find his top form and get a mega deal to Madrid.

Let's talk him up chaps :wink:

Kieran Dyer is the best footballer in the World. (Only kidding Dubai).

That sell on clause we always add never seems to help us out really.

But wish it could.

seattle_gk

Post by seattle_gk » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:31 pm

nieros wrote: Wasnt it also dyer who decided it would be a -really- good idea to start a fight in the middle of a pitch with Bowyer?

Bowyer ran over and started that fight...

Mork

Post by Mork » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:18 pm

toby wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote:

For what exactly?

The attitude of many a Newcastle player is understandable, as good leadership is hard to find, and people take messages that formulate their own approach from the top. Excuse my french, but Fat Freddy is a complete and utter ****, and sets an example that his players follow - its no wonder the players are such assholes.

toby

Post by toby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:02 pm

Very true Mork, leadership comes from the top and the Shepherds appear to be utterly feckless c**ts.