Clarke

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Clarke

Post by Dazza » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:27 pm

Billy Clarke... everyone keeps saying "he caused real threat against QPR" but did he really?

Sure he ran around, be put a lot of effort in, but I dont remember him having a chance on goal. Yet Forster did (in the same amount of time). So was JR wrong to take Clarke off? Do you keep pn a forward who looks good on the ball but doesnt have a shot, or do you keep on a striker whos quiet and then has some shots?

I'm not sticking up for Forster, he was below par, but I dont understand why everyone got upset with JR, Clarke didnt have a shot... (or atleast I cant remember one). At the end of the day forwards need to score and to do that they need to be having shots...

I know I am about to get a lot of stick for this, but it had to be said, its been really bugging me.

Discuss...

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:33 pm

seem to remember u slagging off lewis price as well dazza, he seems to have come good, i think u forget how young these guys are sometimes

IMHO, any kid that can come into a championship side and preform fairly well deserves lots of praise, and the more they get the more their confidence will go up and also maybe give the old timers who arent performing a kick up the arse.....

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:40 pm

riviera wrote:seem to remember u slagging off lewis price as well dazza, he seems to have come good, i think u forget how young these guys are sometimes

IMHO, any kid that can come into a championship side and preform fairly well deserves lots of praise, and the more they get the more their confidence will go up and also maybe give the old timers who arent performing a kick up the arse.....
I have never slagged of Lewis price for his reaction saving, he is superb, easily on par with Kelvin Davis (thats how highly I rate him)

What REALLY annoys me is he misses simple catches and you just cant do that at this level. Also his jugdement of coming off his line is terrible, he doesnt come when he should and when he does go when he shouldnt (eg: Norwich game) he messes it up. The kid has a LOT to learn about the whole goalkeeping game.

He has already been punished (eg: goals let in!) a few times this season for mistakes he has made and I've been really mad with him and I've vented my anger at him on here, but thats when I felt we had a chance at the play offs. We dont anymore, so I've shut up. Let him go in goal, let him make mistakes, hopefully he'll learn by them and will be even better next year and the year after!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:46 pm

Dazza wrote:
riviera wrote:seem to remember u slagging off lewis price as well dazza, he seems to have come good, i think u forget how young these guys are sometimes

I have never slagged of Lewis price for his reaction saving, he is superb, easily on par with Kelvin Davis (thats how highly I rate him)

What REALLY annoys me is he misses simple catches and you just cant do that at this level. Also his jugdement of coming off his line is terrible, he doesnt come when he should and when he does go when he shouldnt (eg: Norwich game) he messes it up. The kid has a LOT to learn about the whole goalkeeping game.

He has already been punished (eg: goals let in!) a few times this season for mistakes he has made and I've been really mad with him and I've vented my anger at him on here, but thats when I felt we had a chance at the play offs. We dont anymore, so I've shut up. Let him go in goal, let him make mistakes, hopefully he'll learn by them and will be even better next year and the year after!
unfortunately for the lad hes been chucked in at the deep end playing in front of 25,000 fans, i dont care who u are its bound to make u nervous at that age, and i think thats whts been his problem this season, but people learn from their mistakes, and at his age im sure he'll be much more confident and making fewer errors next season

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:56 pm

I still think as I said the other day, that the due to the current
state of play, we are all really really willing these youngster
to do it for us.

Billy Clarke did make a first minute run on goal against QPR
and I think 23000 Fans were willing it to be one of those
'wicked' moments.

I thought he caused a few problems but I do believe as the gam
went on he became ineffective hence a change was made..

Its always going to be a case of on the day with everyone performing
as well as the others that youngster like Billy (still improving)
may get the chance of that Glorious goal..

Young Danny Hayne came on at Leeds and put in a great performance and
indeed did well against QPR..

I think Hanes pace is great and as someone else has mentioned
on another Thread Haynes would be ideal to come on in the second half
when he defenders legs are tired.

Personally I would not like to see Haynes start, but I would love
to see him finish because at the moment he is the one lad
that sticks in my mind as having the pace
needed..

Then again I guess I saw that with Mcdonald and Pieters, the exception
being that I though Haynes finish was great..