New Captain

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
User avatar
chris
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:32 am
Location: Sydney

New Captain

Post by chris » Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:59 pm

Who do you want? (man it's ben a while since we've had a poll)

My vote goes to Johnny Mac. If Jim wasn't captain, he wouldn't be in the first team. We would have beaten Derby without him too, before you came on and say he won the game for us.

crazy
Posts: 12797
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:05 am
Location: Ipswich
Contact:

Post by crazy » Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:02 pm

anyone but milgilton!

User avatar
Frankie
Posts: 6140
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Henlow/Norwich

Post by Frankie » Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:26 pm

i agree with crazy, how can u go from holland to magilton is just not right. has he ever actaully been captain before?

diedelia
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:34 am
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:31 pm

Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain

User avatar
toby
Posts: 11682
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:09 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

Post by toby » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:34 pm

I don't think that the fact that people are expressing concern for Magilton's captaincy on here means that they'll get on his back at matches.

I am not one of Magilton's biggest fans and would prefer MacGreal to be captain but that doesn't mean that I'll be booing Jim in future.

1978greats
Posts: 6033
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:03 pm
Location: Lovely Ipswich
Contact:

Post by 1978greats » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:43 pm

diedelia wrote:Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain
Diedelia, I find myself agreeing with you more and more at the moment.
You have got some very good points of view and now you've stopped being quiet so angry about stuff and sensible its nice to here about what you really think about things.
I totally agree with you about Jim :D

User avatar
Dazza
Posts: 12610
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:48 am
Location: London

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:49 pm

diedelia wrote:Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain
I kind of disagree.

I think he does try like you say, but I dont think its good enough. He is too old and slow in my opinion. If he HAS to play 90 minutes (which I'm not happy about) I'd rather he just focus on his football and on the team. We should let someone who is youngER take over as capatin.

My harsh opinion is he shouldnt even be starting for us, sure bring him on as a sub but he's no spring chicken, and I'd rather have 30 minutes of good football and effort from him than 90 minutes of rubbish football.

diedelia
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:34 am
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:19 pm

1978greats wrote:
diedelia wrote:Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain
Diedelia, I find myself agreeing with you more and more at the moment.
You have got some very good points of view and now you've stopped being quiet so angry about stuff and sensible its nice to here about what you really think about things.
I totally agree with you about Jim :D

Cheers!!! I aint the most favorite on this site and i know that, but i don't care what people think of my opinion, it's my opinion, and if know one likes so be it!! But it is nice when people agree with me and support me rather than just think, becuase i have done some dodgy posts that immediately im going to say something to try rock the boat on here, and what ever i say just go compltely opposite to it, so thanks!

Lewis
Posts: 4603
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:41 pm
Location: Stowmarket
Contact:

Post by Lewis » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:32 pm

Dazza wrote:
diedelia wrote:Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain
I kind of disagree.

I think he does try like you say, but I dont think its good enough. He is too old and slow in my opinion. If he HAS to play 90 minutes (which I'm not happy about) I'd rather he just focus on his football and on the team. We should let someone who is youngER take over as capatin.

My harsh opinion is he shouldnt even be starting for us, sure bring him on as a sub but he's no spring chicken, and I'd rather have 30 minutes of good football and effort from him than 90 minutes of rubbish football.
Totally agree with Dazza here, we need someone who will last the full 90 minutes in midfield. Fair enough Jim normally does that, but as Dazza says, the moments of quality are now becoming fewer and far between.

I'd much rather have him come on and make his cameo appearance like in the Derby cup tie and make a difference over a short period, than be carried over the full 90 minutes by the rest of the team.

diedelia
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:34 am
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:03 pm

Lewis wrote:
Dazza wrote:
diedelia wrote:Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain
I kind of disagree.

I think he does try like you say, but I dont think its good enough. He is too old and slow in my opinion. If he HAS to play 90 minutes (which I'm not happy about) I'd rather he just focus on his football and on the team. We should let someone who is youngER take over as capatin.

My harsh opinion is he shouldnt even be starting for us, sure bring him on as a sub but he's no spring chicken, and I'd rather have 30 minutes of good football and effort from him than 90 minutes of rubbish football.
Totally agree with Dazza here, we need someone who will last the full 90 minutes in midfield. Fair enough Jim normally does that, but as Dazza says, the moments of quality are now becoming fewer and far between.

I'd much rather have him come on and make his cameo appearance like in the Derby cup tie and make a difference over a short period, than be carried over the full 90 minutes by the rest of the team.
What youre saying is true, but hes captain and captains play, there is no point having a captain on the bench!

User avatar
chris
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:32 am
Location: Sydney

Post by chris » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:46 am

diedelia wrote: What youre saying is true, but hes captain and captains play, there is no point having a captain on the bench!
So you don't think he is good for 90 minutes, but think he should be captain?????????????????????????????????????????????

Wierd logic.

Nobody's trying to bring down the system here, I just think McGreal would be a better captain. You don't have to yell at people to get them to listen to you (unless of course you feel they don't respect you).

tractor_babe
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:41 pm
Location: Ipswich
Contact:

Post by tractor_babe » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:01 am

hmmmmm...wel im goin 2 say, i agree wiv diedelia, but also wiv dazza...he is to old and he cant play a ful decent 90mins of footy...he slows everyfink down..
i would lyk 2 see johny mac b captin..but wiv his injury record( hopefuly it wil b beta now) do u reali fink he is captin material??

sum1 i wouldnt mind sein as captin is fabien!! he is always playin....??

:roll: this is jus my opinion tho ...

User avatar
Earl Blue
Posts: 27503
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:33 pm
Location: Blighty
Contact:

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:59 pm

diedelia wrote:
1978greats wrote:
diedelia wrote:Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain
Diedelia, I find myself agreeing with you more and more at the moment.
You have got some very good points of view and now you've stopped being quiet so angry about stuff and sensible its nice to here about what you really think about things.
I totally agree with you about Jim :D

Cheers!!! I aint the most favorite on this site and i know that, but i don't care what people think of my opinion, it's my opinion, and if know one likes so be it!! But it is nice when people agree with me and support me rather than just think, becuase i have done some dodgy posts that immediately im going to say something to try rock the boat on here, and what ever i say just go compltely opposite to it, so thanks!
I also agree with most of the comments you say about this as well
diedelia..

I think we are all taking it for granted that Jims shouting is always
negative and I am sure it is not. Trouble is if we dont get what we
want, we blame the ref first, if we can, then Jim, then Joe..

Jim needs a team of 11 players, not one or two.

User avatar
rossi
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Broomfield

Post by rossi » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:55 pm

I said it before the captain was appointed, and I'll say it again..........
Any body but motormouth - preferably Wilnis

User avatar
budgiebasher
Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:05 pm
Location: Ipswich

Post by budgiebasher » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:57 pm

i rememebr before the season started a lot of people wanted tommy miller, but for me its wilnis or mcgreal

Susie
Posts: 13521
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:59 pm

Post by Susie » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:38 pm

I would have said Wilnes before the Derby game but I wasn't too impressed with him then. I don't think Chris Bart Williams has been with us long enough. If Makin was playing I would choose him but have to I have to say Magilton is the best we have at the moment.

diedelia
Posts: 4469
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:34 am
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:40 pm

rossi wrote:I said it before the captain was appointed, and I'll say it again..........
Any body but motormouth - preferably Wilnis
I don't really think anyone wants Magilton to be captain but he is, nothing we can do about it! so from what i think that is the end of the point

Lewis
Posts: 4603
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:41 pm
Location: Stowmarket
Contact:

Post by Lewis » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:03 pm

diedelia wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Dazza wrote: I kind of disagree.

I think he does try like you say, but I dont think its good enough. He is too old and slow in my opinion. If he HAS to play 90 minutes (which I'm not happy about) I'd rather he just focus on his football and on the team. We should let someone who is youngER take over as capatin.

My harsh opinion is he shouldnt even be starting for us, sure bring him on as a sub but he's no spring chicken, and I'd rather have 30 minutes of good football and effort from him than 90 minutes of rubbish football.
Totally agree with Dazza here, we need someone who will last the full 90 minutes in midfield. Fair enough Jim normally does that, but as Dazza says, the moments of quality are now becoming fewer and far between.

I'd much rather have him come on and make his cameo appearance like in the Derby cup tie and make a difference over a short period, than be carried over the full 90 minutes by the rest of the team.
What youre saying is true, but hes captain and captains play, there is no point having a captain on the bench!
Precisely my point mate, here we have a player who is not up to playing 90 minutes of Division 1 football anymore, yet he was made captain. And, as you say, captains are expected to be there week in week out, dominating matters. Magilton sure dominates matters, he dominates them so that no-one else gets to have their word (Kuqi drama).

Magilton should NOT be captain pure and simple, and I expect Joe Royle is secretly thinking the same right now.

tractor_babe
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:41 pm
Location: Ipswich
Contact:

Post by tractor_babe » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:12 am

lets hope royle changes it then, coz IF we do go up, therre no way jim can play 90mins of PREMIERSHIP footy!

User avatar
budgiebasher
Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:05 pm
Location: Ipswich

Post by budgiebasher » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:00 pm

struggles with 90 mins in division 1!!

jono

Post by jono » Sun May 23, 2004 6:35 pm

nar mate nar

DeIpswich
Posts: 2263
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:35 pm
Location: Suffolk

Post by DeIpswich » Sun May 23, 2004 8:55 pm

I'd like to see Tommy Miller up there as an option. He would be my first choice for captain!

Mork
Posts: 3084
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:55 pm
Location: Swavesey, Cambridgeshire
Contact:

Re: New Captain

Post by Mork » Mon May 24, 2004 12:10 pm

chrisavo wrote:Who do you want? (man it's ben a while since we've had a poll)

My vote goes to Johnny Mac. If Jim wasn't captain, he wouldn't be in the first team. We would have beaten Derby without him too, before you came on and say he won the game for us.
Add Matt Elliot - I want him back, and as Captain.

User avatar
phily bon bon
Posts: 10838
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by phily bon bon » Mon May 24, 2004 6:05 pm

diedelia wrote:Magilton is captain like it or not!! a little poll on here aint going to stop that is it? So getting on his back is really going to work, he is like Kuqi he trys all game, he does some sh*t stuff, and does some weird stuff and trys to take control of everyone, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and you know what you will get from him, HE WILL TRY!!!! and show commitment, sometimes over the top, but he does show it!! there is nout no one can do, so just get behind him, rather slagging him off and saying we need a new captain

I had no idea you were a big magic fan :D but your right we wont change a thing its magic again next year as captain.....unfortunately

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Mon May 24, 2004 6:12 pm

I guess my vote for CBW is null and void, now.

uk_peanut01

Post by uk_peanut01 » Mon May 24, 2004 11:49 pm

yea just a little bit lol.

Post Reply