Price

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Gaz

Price

Post by Gaz » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:27 pm

Did someone buy him two left boots for christmas? His kicking is getting worse and worse :roll:

Missblue

Post by Missblue » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Yes, very very bad with his kicking today, an overall bad performance by him I thought.

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:54 pm

he cant kick :( but he is still a very talented keeper :D , his shot stopping is outstanding, all i would say is that he has to keep an eye on our players a bit more we had runners up the wings with loads of space waving for the ball and he hoofed it up the middle straight to their huge defenders, none of them were shorter than 6"3 :cry:

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:40 pm

I personaly do not rate Price at all. All the promise he showed simply hasnt been realised yet. He cant catch a ball (Even when straight at him) And his kicking is Marshall-esq
People around me continue to say WONDERFULL SAVE PRICEY! when the ball is blasted straight at the taff and he cant hold it!

Supple in please Mr. Royle. Or preferably what you SHOULD have done at the start of the season GET A EXPERINCED GOALIE IN! :evil:

John

Post by John » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:40 am

remember how old he is and that he has been chucked in at the deep end.

a gk's mistakes are easly highlighted as far as i'm concerned and to be honest i don't think he has done that badly this season.

i was one of the people who wanted a more experienced gk from the start,but to be honest imho he aint done that bad.....has he???????

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:05 am

john_ipsw2 wrote:remember how old he is and that he has been chucked in at the deep end.

a gk's mistakes are easly highlighted as far as i'm concerned and to be honest i don't think he has done that badly this season.

i was one of the people who wanted a more experienced gk from the start,but to be honest imho he aint done that bad.....has he???????
No considering the p*ss poor team he is playing behind, the lad has done OK!

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:07 am

john_ipsw2 wrote:remember how old he is and that he has been chucked in at the deep end.

Richard Wright was alot younger. And did alot better. And he isnt exactly a amazing keeper! Price simply isnt upto it. A keep who cant catch a ball! No thankyou.

Dazza

Re: Price

Post by Dazza » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:07 am

Gaz wrote:Did someone buy him two left boots for christmas? His kicking is getting worse and worse :roll:
His whole round game was terrible yesterday... I really dont rate the lad (YET!)

Riv will be on my case now! :? :lol:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:08 am

Luke wrote:A keeper who cant catch a ball!
This is my point Luke, thats bread and butter stuff. Sure he can make a good reaction save but he cant catch a ball and he is totally useless at coming off his line (which cost us a Derby game!!!)

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:12 am

Dazza wrote:
This is my point Luke, thats bread and butter stuff. Sure he can make a good reaction save but he cant catch a ball and he is totally useless at coming off his line (which cost us a Derby game!!!)
Couldnt agree more mate. He is a Marshall in the making IMO

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:14 am

Luke wrote:
Dazza wrote:
Bloody hell Luke, thats harsh! :shock:

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:16 am

bluebird wrote:
Luke wrote:
Dazza wrote: This is my point Luke, thats bread and butter stuff. Sure he can make a good reaction save but he cant catch a ball and he is totally useless at coming off his line (which cost us a Derby game!!!)
Not at all mate. Im seeing the same errors. All its gunna take is Price's confidence to go and we have Marshall the 2nd. They both have the exact same flaws and strong points.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:17 am

Luke wrote:
bluebird wrote:
Luke wrote: Couldnt agree more mate. He is a Marshall in the making IMO
Not at all mate. Im seeing the same errors. All its gunna take is Price's confidence to go and we have Marshall the 2nd. They both have the exact same flaws and strong points.
Well I guess at least we have Supple, who does look the better prospect.

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:23 am

bluebird wrote:
Luke wrote:
bluebird wrote: Bloody hell Luke, thats harsh! :shock:
He is great prospect mate. But what SHOULD have happend is Royle should have got in a experinced Keeper. No team challanges for the championship with inexperinced keeper.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:30 am

Luke wrote:
bluebird wrote:
Luke wrote: Not at all mate. Im seeing the same errors. All its gunna take is Price's confidence to go and we have Marshall the 2nd. They both have the exact same flaws and strong points.
He is great prospect mate. But what SHOULD have happend is Royle should have got in a experinced Keeper. No team challanges for the championship with inexperinced keeper.
Royle, knows what his doing then mate, cos we are not challanging for f*ck all here! :wink:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:47 am

Well you guys will be happy with this then !!
Price not right for Ipswich

Lewis Price is a big doubt for Ipswich's trip to Hull on Wednesday.

The goalkeeper was troubled by a groin injury in the Boxing Day defeat by Crystal Palace and will undergo a late fitness test before manager Joe Royle decides whether to risk him.

Shane Supple is on stand-by for his fourth first team appearance should Price fail to recover.

Adam Proudlock and Kevin Horlock (both knee) are definitely out of the game.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:52 am

Dubai Blue wrote:Well you guys will be happy with this then !!
Price not right for Ipswich

Lewis Price is a big doubt for Ipswich's trip to Hull on Wednesday.

The goalkeeper was troubled by a groin injury in the Boxing Day defeat by Crystal Palace and will undergo a late fitness test before manager Joe Royle decides whether to risk him.

Shane Supple is on stand-by for his fourth first team appearance should Price fail to recover.

Adam Proudlock and Kevin Horlock (both knee) are definitely out of the game.
Yes mate, I'm delighted to see Horlock is still buggered! :lol: :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:00 pm

Gaz wrote:Did someone buy him two left boots for christmas? His kicking is getting worse and worse :roll:
he played the game carrying an injury (by all accounts)....he has a groin strain - so naturally wouldnt be able to kick the ball. It seems that during the fitness test Pricey was less than honest about how it was feeling - a sure sign of

a) his inexperience ..ie the need to be fully fit
or
b) he fears for his place regarding Supple...

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
he played the game carrying an injury (by all accounts)....he has a groin strain - so naturally wouldnt be able to kick the ball. It seems that during the fitness test Pricey was less than honest about how it was feeling - a sure sign of

or
IMO then he deserves to be dropped for lying to the fitness coaches and playing injured. He fears Supple because he knows he is better :wink:

seattle_gk

Post by seattle_gk » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:28 pm

Gaz wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

or
IMO then he deserves to be dropped for lying to the fitness coaches and playing injured. He fears Supple because he knows he is better :wink:
Remember what happened to Sereni when he asked to be rested for a meaningless cup match? He never got out of Burley's dog house after that, and he had been playing well. Players don't want to be seen as not wanting to play. I suspect the same people would be criticizing Price if he had asked to be left out.

John

Post by John » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:32 pm

Gaz wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

or
still think he hasn't done that bad all thing considerd,as for playing with the groin injury.......well nothing wrong with commitment imho,i'll bet that royle was aware before the game,you can't hide something like that.