What Planet is this Arsehole On??

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

rossi

What Planet is this Arsehole On??

Post by rossi » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:20 am

Boss Joe Royle felt the Blues deserved at least a point from their trip to Hull City's KC Stadium. Second half goals from Nick Barmby and Craig Fagan gave the home side a 2-0 win.

Royle was unhappy that referee Clive Oliver hadn't given Town a freekick in the move leading to the first Hull goal: "The game hinged on a lack of a decision from the referee.

"Ian Westlake was having his shirt pulled on the touchline and he didn't give it and they went up the other end and scored. The linesman knew it was a foul but they don't make decisions, they just carry a flag.

"I couldn't be happier with the performance and I'd have been just as frustrated with one point.

"We were chasing the game in the second half, and we were somewhat exposed, but the likes of Gavin Williams and big Jim Magilton ran the game - we just lacked a cutting edge. Two-nil was no reflection of the game for me and it's a cruel result."
I've been saying for ages that Royle should go.............seems a few more of you agree with me now. Post match comments like this merely support my contention and make Royle look even more stupid than he is (or maybe he really is that stupid). :roll:

Having read his post match comments through the season, all of his more ridiculous ones are made for away games - is that because, less fans having watched the game, he thinks he can pull the wool over peoples' eyes?

The time to get rid of him has to be now - if we don't then I fear that relegation is a real possibility.

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:14 am

Joes obviously top of the League at talking the talk, shame that at walking the walk, he is relegation material.

StanstedBlue

Post by StanstedBlue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:30 am

"I couldn't be happier with the performance and I'd have been just as frustrated with one point.

What a total f**king pr*ck :evil: :evil: :evil: . We are doomed and going to be playing the 3 promoted teams from League 2 next season unless the board takes action, which of course they won't because they can't afford to. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:35 am

StanstedBlue wrote:"I couldn't be happier with the performance and I'd have been just as frustrated with one point.

What a total fooking pr*ck :evil: :evil: :evil: . We are doomed and going to be playing the 3 promoted teams from League 2 next season unless the board takes action, which of course they won't because they can't afford to. :evil: :evil: :evil:

That must be the quote of the bloody centry LOL

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:40 am

Okay I was not at the game, so cant really make a full
judgement but seeing reports coming in, just who does
Joe think he is by trying to pull the wool over the eyes of our fans.

Only one thing to say now Joe. Look at how close we now are to the
relegation Zone..

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:55 am

Earl Blue wrote:Okay I was not at the game, so cant really make a full

relegation Zone..
Eddie
No doubt he is referring to the 1st half where once again we had the majority of possession.
However, he still hasn't realised that it is not the amount of time that you have the ball that matters but what you do with the thing when you've got it! I text BB last night from the game and said to him I don't know about us winning another game this season the way we are going we will be lucky if we score another goal.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:07 am

Shed On Tour wrote:

relegation Zone..
Eddie
No doubt he is referring to the 1st half where once again we had the majority of possession.
However, he still hasn't realised that it is not the amount of time that you have the ball that matters but what you do with the thing when you've got it! I text BB last night from the game and said to him I don't know about us winning another game this season the way we are going we will be lucky if we score another goal.

I tried to listen to some of it on the Radio, but as we had
some people round it was a little difficult.. However I know what
you mean..

His excuses and comments for losing matches are perhaps
amongst some of the worst I have heard for a long time.

I reckon that we will be in the relegation Zone before Town do something
about it, and of course, by then it will be too late..

Glad o see you got home safely, I would not have wanted to drive
back home last night..

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:21 am

Earl Blue wrote:
Shed On Tour wrote:

relegation Zone..
Eddie

you mean..

back home last night..
Yeah it was a sh*t drive back home. Them 2 went to sleep as soon as we got out of Hull.
Between Hull and the M18 it was snowing like hell, freezing fog and I could hardly see what was in front of me. I thought to myself why the hell do we do this?
We took Mini's friend home first and so by the time we got out of Hull it was about 11pm. Got indoors by 2:30 so not to bad. Just hope the speed camera detector was working ok otherwise I will have to get the name of BB's lawyer! :lol:

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:29 am

Shed On Tour wrote:
Earl Blue wrote:
Shed On Tour wrote: Eddie

you mean..

back home last night..
Yeah it was a sh*t drive back home. Them 2 went to sleep as soon as we got out of Hull. Between Hull and the M18 it was snowing like hell, freezing fog and I could hardly see what was in front of me. I thought to myself why the hell do we do this?
We took Mini's friend home first and so by the time we got out of Hull it was about 11pm. Got indoors by 2:30 so not to bad. Just hope the speed camera detector was working ok otherwise I will have to get the name of BB's lawyer! :lol:
Allways a happy ending somewhere Tony..

:lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:20 pm

I am as worried as anybody else on here ...Town, truly are, in the mire right now , and relegation is very real possiblity....and I also realise and accept that the "Royle out " brigade is ever growing in strentgh......BUT: I want to ask people this

1) What could JR do differently with the current squad of players at his disposal that is likely to facilitate us winning games ?

2) Given the current mix of this squad - does anybody seriously think that a new manager would make any difference ?..(...given that we have not had a regular fit strike force all season...and display a consistant inability to defend as A TEAM, that frankly beggers belief )!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:27 pm

Hallam, a prime example of BFJ was this week, when all season the fans have said we need at least one new defender, so what did joe do?? he went out and made an offer for another midfielder, i see where ur coming from with ur argument, but i really think joe has lost the plot

how many times has a club installed a new manager and almost instantly things have begun to pick up??? it happens plenty of times, why shouldnt it happen at PR?? any new manager with a degree of sense could make the best of what we have, unfortunately joe just aint the man anymore

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:39 pm

I can see what you're saying Riv...but it brings me back to another post I written on here.....

The Board has IMHO, absolutely no intention of sacking Joe...and Joe, has no intention of walking away from his contract.

Why ?.....cos the Board and Joe genuinely feel he is doing a good job, with the resources he has at his disposal.

what us fans feel should happen (rightly or wrongly) is largely imaterial !