Do we have to pay Royle off?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Do we have to pay Royle off?

Post by Dazza » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:29 am

If he is doing rubbish, cant we just sack him? Do we have to sack and pay him off? Anyone know?

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:48 am

Doesnt it depend on the small print?
We certainly will not find that out now will we. :cry:

Mork

Re: Do we have to pay Royle off?

Post by Mork » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:18 am

Dazza wrote:If he is doing rubbish, cant we just sack him? Do we have to sack and pay him off? Anyone know?
He's on a professional contract, so unless he did something to break that contract, no, we'd have to pay him off.

DEVONBLUE

Post by DEVONBLUE » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:24 am

Dazza wrote:If he is doing rubbish, cant we just sack him? Do we have to sack and pay him off? Anyone know?
Having doubts Dazza ? :lol:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:27 am

Mork wrote:
He's on a professional contract, so unless he did something to break that contract, no, we'd have to pay him off.
Well surely if he isnt doing his job then we can, this certainly aint mid-table! I'm just a little concerned that JR can only be scaked if we go down, but that'll ruin us too.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:28 am

DEVONBLUE wrote:
Having doubts Dazza ? :lol:
Ermmm... Ummmm... Ahhhhhhh......

Maybe... :? :oops:

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:36 am

Dazza wrote:
Mork wrote:
Well surely if he isnt doing his job then we can, this certainly aint mid-table! I'm just a little concerned that JR can only be scaked if we go down, but that'll ruin us too.
Unfortunately, there isn't a Manager (or a player for that matter) whose going to sign a contract which has a performance clause for dismissal. And I'm 100% sure Joe's doesn't have one either.

He'd have to thump Sheepshanks or do heavy drugs or something (perhaps get him tested, from the garbage he talks post-match, you have to wonder), I doubt any charges of gross-misconduct are gonna stick.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:39 am

Mork wrote:Unfortunately, there isn't a Manager (or a player for that matter) whose going to sign a contract which has a performance clause for dismissal. And I'm 100% sure Joe's doesn't have one either.

He'd have to thump Sheepshanks or do heavy drugs or something (perhaps get him tested, from the garbage he talks post-match, you have to wonder), I doubt any charges of gross-misconduct are gonna stick.
What stops a manager doing noithing, just so the club goes down? Nothing? Thats insane...

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:11 pm

My own view is that if things get much worse he may well walk and the bling then will be along the lines of left by 'mutual consent'. In this case i can see the compensation being dropped or reduced considerably.

JR is one year away from retirement. Does he need the grief ?

But I don't see this happenning unless we slip into the bottom 3.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:22 pm

From what i gather,and ive only chatted to another current professional manager about this,The norm is that a clause of some kind is usually inserted that protects the club from paying out compensation,should the club find themselves in religation positions.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:23 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:My own view is that if things get much worse he may well walk and the bling then will be along the lines of left by 'mutual consent'. In this case i can see the compensation being dropped or reduced considerably.

JR is one year away from retirement. Does he need the grief ?

But I don't see this happenning unless we slip into the bottom 3.
although most fans would "welcome " that action by Joe ...I actually think he is "stubborn" enough to sit it out ! - and there isnt a thing the board or us fans could do about it ....we're stuck with him ...and Im really not convinced that Joe is the real "problem"...he has IMO been given a completely shyte hand to deal with, and I really do doubt whether another manager could get anything more / different out of this current squad of players IMHO !