Parkinson to Town ......

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Parkinson to Town ......

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:19 pm

with Joe moving to an "upstairs role " ....where's this little rumour come from then ??? :shock:

Col U wouldnt let us within 17 miles of their manager after what we did ref Burley !!

Diddy Dubz

Re: Parkinson to Town ......

Post by Diddy Dubz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:24 pm

hallamblue wrote:with Joe moving to an "upstairs role " ....where's this little rumour come from then ??? :shock:

Col U wouldnt let us within 17 miles of their manager after what we did ref Burley !!
Personally, I'd bloody love it - Parko is a top manager and has the drive and hunger we need to take this club forward.

I really appreciate what Joe has done for us but as a manager - he's a spent force, he had 2 good go's at winning promotion but fell away in the final third of the season.

I feel that Parkinson will grow as a manager with Joe behind him but only time will tell.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:29 pm

but the answer to my queation is ?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:32 pm

Unfortunately I think you are absolutely right hallam.

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:33 pm

hallamblue wrote:but the answer to my queation is ?
Some would say it's a page filler in a paper but it could be more than that - who knows?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Daddy Dubz wrote:
hallamblue wrote:but the answer to my queation is ?
Some would say it's a page filler in a paper but it could be more than that - who knows?
well like you Dubz ..I will live in "hope".... I have been, and still am, in many ways "supportive" of Joe ...but sometimes you just have to change the personal....If it had to be anyone ...Parkinson wouldnt be a bad import ..but we have more chance of a heatwave at PR tommorrow than Parkinson arriving IMHO !!

Col-Blue

Post by Col-Blue » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:07 pm

No chance parky is loved down hear i think it would course a riot

uefacup81

Post by uefacup81 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:38 am

Col-Blue wrote:No chance parky is loved down hear i think it would course a riot
It doesn't matter how loved a manager is by the fans, if the board and the manager get good enough offers, then it's gonna result in a deal being struck.

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:44 am

Well, having a lot of knowledge regarding Colchester Utd, personally I don't think Parky is up to it. Yes, he's young and this season has brought in some very good players and brought the club forward, however it's only after a spell of good form that they find themselves in such a healthy league position and form can be very decieving as we all know.

I'd love nothing more than to see a young, progressive manager take control of the club as Susie said we need a change of personell up top but I'm not 100% sure that Parky is the right man.