ratings v Luton

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

rainblue

ratings v Luton

Post by rainblue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:32 am

Matt richards was brilliant today created some great moves ran back never gave up. Supple 2 excellent saves needs to slow down and look before releasing the ball.
Ther was a fighting spirit today although we never had many chances, Deano should have scored in the first half, also Haynes missed a sitter in the second half.
Currie should be given more credit a great spot to see westlake on the far side, ran everywhere and was trying. Supprised westlake did not start but with a game on monday squad rotation had a part tp play. Nor convinced about Mc Donald size lets him down.

Supple 8
wilnis 7
Sito 7
Devos 8
Naylor 8
Currie 6
Jaun 8
Garvan 7
Richards 9
Bowditch 6
Haynes 7
Westlake 8
Magilton 6
Mc Donald 5

jjlj_itfc4eva

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:26 am

Matt richards was brilliant today created some great moves ran back never gave up. Supple 2 excellent saves needs to slow down and look before releasing the ball.
Ther was a fighting spirit today although we never had many chances, Deano should have scored in the first half, also Haynes missed a sitter in the second half.
Currie should be given more credit a great spot to see westlake on the far side, ran everywhere and was trying. Supprised westlake did not start but with a game on monday squad rotation had a part tp play. Nor convinced about Mc Donald size lets him down.
:?: :!: :?: :!: I disagree. Matt Richards was awful. He kept giving away passes and was occasionally caught out on the ball. McDonald on the other hand, was excellent, I agree that his size lets him down a bit, but he chased everything and even had the confidence to try 3 or 4 shots on goal. Oh and Currie was crap. he kept trying one skill too many and giving the ball away. :?: :!: :?: :!: On a diferent subject, the atmosphere yesterday was superb

Susie

Post by Susie » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:41 am

Isn't it funny how people see different games. I also thought Matt Richards was excellent although I would have given MOTM to Wilnes. Supple was also very good and I am much more confident with him in goal.

With regard to the atmostphere, I certainly wasn't impressed with the North Stand yesterday. It picked up after our goal but until then was very subdued. :roll:

Jonno

Re: ratings v Luton

Post by Jonno » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:53 am

rainblue wrote:Matt richards was brilliant today created some great moves ran back never gave up. Supple 2 excellent saves needs to slow down and look before releasing the ball.

Supple 8
wilnis 7
Sito 7
Devos 8
Naylor 8
Currie 6
Jaun 8
Garvan 7
Richards 9
Bowditch 6
Haynes 7
Westlake 8
Magilton 6
Mc Donald 5
Whats with all these high ratings, we really didnt play that well, only 1 i agree with u is the Mcdonald rating, he is awful, and i would of given bowditch a 3 :lol:

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:56 am

I thought Matt Richards was Man of the match as well. In Midfield he is becoming a very good player. He was getting stuck in an running all over the place.
Currie was poor but then set up the goal ! Bowditch was rubbish as well had 2 pretty good chances and did nothing with them. Then he got injured and Royle was booed when he took him off !!! I dont see what anyone else see's in him.

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:35 am

Supple 9.....superb game apart from one spill
wilnis 7 .........looks alot better at right back
Sito 7.........class player and we will miss him monday,oops
Devos 8 ........see he can defend :lol:
Naylor 8 ......as always this season
Currie 5........no comment
Jaun 7........overall he played well
Garvan 8.....superb player,not sure why he was pulled off
Richards 8......starting to look good
Bowditch 6......it's not enough just to have effort
Haynes 7 ......like what i've seen
Westlake 8 ........great game
Magilton 6 ........needs to be put out to pasture
Mc Donald 7.......needs to be played more imho

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:21 am

jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:
:?: :!: :?: :!: I disagree. Matt Richards was awful. He kept giving away passes and was occasionally caught out on the ball. McDonald on the other hand, was excellent, I agree that his size lets him down a bit, but he chased everything and even had the confidence to try 3 or 4 shots on goal. Oh and Currie was crap. he kept trying one skill too many and giving the ball away. :?: :!: :?: :!: On a diferent subject, the atmosphere yesterday was superb

I must have been at a different game :wink: :wink:

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:38 am

Supple 10!
Wilnis 7
Sito 6
DeVos 7
Naylor 7
Currie 5
Juan 4
Richards 8
West;ale 9
Haynes 6
Bowditch 5

Mcdonnald 4
Magilton 6

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:40 am

Earl Blue wrote:
jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:

I must have been at a different game :wink: :wink:
In midfeild Matt Richards was top notch! Ran 30/40 yards to go short for throw ins etc. Broke up moves, Started moves his range of passing is surprisingly good! I would start him ahead of either Juan or Currie next game for sure!

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:40 am

Supple 9.....superb game apart from one spill
wilnis 7 .........better performance
Sito 7.........
Devos 7 ........ better performance
Currie 3........ but for that pass, possibly the worst performance EVER!
Jaun 7........solid display
Richards 9......my MOTM - terrific performance
Bowditch 4......poor should have scored, needs to contribute more!
Magilton 5 ........ Must be gutted, sat on the bench watching Currie :lol:
Mc Donald 7.......needs to be played more imho - i agree

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:44 am

bluebird wrote:Supple 9.....superb game apart from one spill
Sito 7.........
A 7 for mcdonnald :shock: He was the worst player on the feild next to Currie and Juan! :lol:

jjlj_itfc4eva

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:53 am

McDonald was Brilliant! You just need to give him a chance

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:59 am

jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:McDonald was Brilliant! You just need to give him a chance
I watched him play alot of reserve games last year, And he was brilliant! I always questioned if he would make 1st team football beacuse his judgement is sh*te! He does a hell of alot of dancing and not much else im afraid. Positons you expect the end product, Or even just to attempt the end product he continuaslly lets us down! He has pace in abundence! But f*ck all control and no strength! He was clean through on goal 2wice yesterday! And was muscled out everytime :lol: He had 3 shots. The 1st nearly hit the corner flag the 2nd was a back pass and the 3rd nearly hit me on the head in northstand upper :lol: Face it mate he is NEVER going to be above leauge 1 standard

Mork

Re: ratings v Luton

Post by Mork » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:39 am

rainblue wrote:Matt richards was brilliant today created some great moves ran back never gave up. Supple 2 excellent saves needs to slow down and look before releasing the ball.

Supple 8
wilnis 7
Sito 7
Devos 8
Naylor 8
Currie 6
Jaun 8
Garvan 7
Richards 9
Bowditch 6
Haynes 7
Westlake 8
Magilton 6
Mc Donald 5
Richards was my man of the match, though he was considerably better in the midfield than when he went back to left back (a position we know he can't play).

Currie was truly terrible, and Supple superb, though hardly tested.

Bowditch doesnt deserve a 2, he was a waste of skin, though Haynes was superb - excellent full debut (?)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:40 am

jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:
I appreciate we are all entitled to our opinions...and that an individuals opinion is just as valid as anyone elses...BUT did you go to the same game as me ?

1) Richards was excellent - until he went to LB ...he was all over the pitch in the first half...(many will tell you I am not a particular fan of Richards at LB )..but he played his best game for Town IMO...(ignoring his obvious incapabilities at LB).

2) MacDonald ...has for me , shown his limitations since returning from loan spell. He is too small...lacks "end product"..and is basically "out of his depth" in the first team at present.

3) Currie ...yes he was generally crap and ineffective - however he has the ability to create something out of nothing despite being largely annon for most of the game ..that is likely to win you the game .ie His world class 40 yrd pass (Beckham would have been proud of it ) to the feet of Westy ...and for that alone I wouuld play him !

4) Atmosphere...by and large was muted ...an air of tension and will they ..wont they (NS)..."have a go at Joe" prevailed in the ground. The pleasing point was the crowd didnt have a go. There was some singing at times ...but generally the "Ipswich Atmosphere" akin to a Library setting (as Joe remarked)..was not too far from the truth !

5) Supple - agreed ! he's IMHO our best GK out of the two ...and I hope we hang onto him.

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:02 am

What game were half of you lot at? No way on earth was Haynes in any way shape or form better than Bowditch.

Supple.... 8
Wilnis...... 7
Sito....... 6 (Westlake.... 8, changed the game completely)
De Vos.... 7
Naylor..... 7
Currie.... 4
Richards.... 7
Juan....... 7
Garvan....6 (Magilton.... 5)
Bowditch.... 7 (McDonald... 5, grossly overrated)
Haynes..... 6

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:04 pm

bluebird wrote:Supple 9.....superb game apart from one spill
Sito 7.........
i'd give Wilnis the MOTM over Richards only beacause when Richards went to left back he was too jittery. and as for Bowditch i'd say a fair game but he DOES need to contribute more.

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:11 pm

Blue Susie wrote:Isn't it funny how people see different games. I also thought Matt Richards was excellent although I would have given MOTM to Wilnes. Supple was also very good and I am much more confident with him in goal.

With regard to the atmostphere, I certainly wasn't impressed with the North Stand yesterday. It picked up after our goal but until then was very subdued. :roll:
as to regards to the North Stand, last week as you know, i was just in front of you. and to me it seemed quiet , but ppl like Luke were hearing a lot of Royle out chants which i didn't hear.
yesterday i was over past the goal away towards the Cobbold Stand it seemed different to how you have percieved it.

jjlj_itfc4eva

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:
I appreciate we are all entitled to our opinions...and that an individuals opinion is just as valid as anyone elses...BUT did you go to the same game as me ?

1) Richards was excellent - until he went to LB ...he was all over the pitch in the first half...(many will tell you I am not a particular fan of Richards at LB )..but he played his best game for Town IMO...(ignoring his obvious incapabilities at LB).

2) MacDonald ...has for me , shown his limitations since returning from loan spell. He is too small...lacks "end product"..and is basically "out of his depth" in the first team at present.

3) Currie ...yes he was generally crap and ineffective - however he has the ability to create something out of nothing despite being largely annon for most of the game ..that is likely to win you the game .ie His world class 40 yrd pass (Beckham would have been proud of it ) to the feet of Westy ...and for that alone I wouuld play him !

4) Atmosphere...by and large was muted ...an air of tension and will they ..wont they (NS)..."have a go at Joe" prevailed in the ground. The pleasing point was the crowd didnt have a go. There was some singing at times ...but generally the "Ipswich Atmosphere" akin to a Library setting (as Joe remarked)..was not too far from the truth !

5) Supple - agreed ! he's IMHO our best GK out of the two ...and I hope we hang onto him.
What stand were you in?
I agree with your opinions on Currie and Supple but I stand by what I said on the others

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:41 pm

Supple - 8 - Brilliant saves, Definately the better keeper of the two
Wilnis - 7 - Broke up attacks on the the right brilliantly
Sito - 6 - Done his job until injury
De Vos - 8 - Another impressive performance, done well to cope with Lutons Height
Naylor - 7 - Effiecient performance
Currie - 6 - Dwelled on the ball, tricks wouldn't work, then pulls of an amazing 40 yard assist
Jimmy Juan - 6 - Not his best performance this season
Richards - 8 - MOTM, never stopped running and looks a bery good midfielder, still a bit nervous at LB though.
Garvan - 8 - Always there to turn defence into attack
Haynes - 6 - Looked lively, but stamina was shot to pieces with 20 minutes remaining
Bowditch - 6 - A player desperately short of confidence and backing of the Manager

Westlake - 7 - Best player at Hull despite what Royle says, and showed why he should start
McDonald - 5 - Simply will not cut it at this level
Magilton - 5 - Rarely featured

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:58 pm

budgiebasher wrote:Supple - 8 - Brilliant saves, Definately the better keeper of the two
Wilnis - 7 - Broke up attacks on the the right brilliantly
Sito - 6 - Done his job until injury
De Vos - 8 - Another impressive performance, done well to cope with Lutons Height
Naylor - 7 - Effiecient performance
Currie - 6 - Dwelled on the ball, tricks wouldn't work, then pulls of an amazing 40 yard assist
Jimmy Juan - 6 - Not his best performance this season
Richards - 8 - MOTM, never stopped running and looks a bery good midfielder, still a bit nervous at LB though.
Garvan - 8 - Always there to turn defence into attack
Haynes - 6 - Looked lively, but stamina was shot to pieces with 20 minutes remaining
Bowditch - 6 - A player desperately short of confidence and backing of the Manager

Westlake - 7 - Best player at Hull despite what Royle says, and showed why he should start
McDonald - 5 - Simply will not cut it at this level
Magilton - 5 - Rarely featured

and ballsed up that free kick when he hit it straight into the wall, as did Currie earlier.

Mork

Post by Mork » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:20 pm

essexboy21 wrote:What game were half of you lot at? No way on earth was Haynes in any way shape or form better than Bowditch.

Supple.... 8
Wilnis...... 7
Sito....... 6 (Westlake.... 8, changed the game completely)
De Vos.... 7
Naylor..... 7
Currie.... 4
Richards.... 7
Juan....... 7
Garvan....6 (Magilton.... 5)
Bowditch.... 7 (McDonald... 5, grossly overrated)
Haynes..... 6
That has to be a case of the "Bowditch Silver Rimmed Glasses" that half of Portman Road appear to wear.

What does Bowditch ever actually do save trip over the ball exactly that merits a 7? McDonald was not great shakes, admittedly, but Bowditch did nothing.