Stoke v Town

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:00 pm

hallamblue wrote:Just remind me ...who put those passes in the box for our goals ?...
Just heard from friends at the game that he was absolutely sh*te again, but created two goals :?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:02 pm

bluebird wrote:
hallamblue wrote:Just remind me ...who put those passes in the box for our goals ?...
Just heard from friends at the game that he was absolutely sh*te again, but created two goals :?
just imagine ...no Currie ...no crosses into danger area...no goals :shock:

If this is Shyte ...lets have more of it I say ! :wink:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:04 pm

hallamblue wrote:
bluebird wrote:

Hallam, you know what i mean though, in open play we are 10 v 11, and thats not exceptable at any level.

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:13 pm

After going 2-0 up its always nice to think you can go on from that. Today it was not meant to be. oh well 1 point is better than the nil i feared it would be.
and at least the Scum lost.

took me ages to find a thread that i could answer to bring up 4 figures with something at least half way sensible :wink:

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: reply

Post by TODD66 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:19 pm

G'daddy wrote:After going 2-0 up its always nice to think you can go on from that. Today it was not meant to be. oh well 1 point is better than the nil i feared it would be.

took me ages to find a thread that i could answer to bring up 4 figures with something at least half way sensible :wink:
and the sensible bit was............... :wink:

Only joking :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:22 pm

bluebird wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
bluebird wrote: Just heard from friends at the game that he was absolutely sh*te again, but created two goals :?

Hallam, you know what i mean though, in open play we are 10 v 11, and thats not exceptable at any level.
Strangely eonough BB ..there is a comment in todays local rag that said Joe was unhappy with Westy (Hull) in that he didnt do what he is "best at" ie running around the midfield getting through achers of harrying / chasing etc etc - Joe, said he didnt want Westy "playing like Arnold Muhren" ...(to which Westy said "who" - may he be struck down for that !)....but Joe also went onto say Arnie was magic at tricks and astute long passess to players feet and often provided that killer pass to open the game up ...but he was weak at defending, and tackling back when we were not in possession...therefore having a 10 v 11 man effect !

My point is : every player has their strengths / weaknessess...we all know Currie is poor at running, defending, tackling ...BUT he is crucial at providing that killer pass, which has time and again given Town the goal scoring opportunities (whether the striker takes it is another matter entirely ).

I think our goal scoring opportunities would be far less than they have been without him in the side...the " cost" of having Currie is that others have to do his running in midfield for him...hence why we are crap when Joe has played Currie , Horlock and Magic in the same side...with players like Westy , Richards, Williams...and Juan in the midfiled things are evened out.

sorry foir Long post !
:D
In short Currie stays ! :wink:

Kheffan

Re: reply

Post by Kheffan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:27 pm

TODD66 wrote:
G'daddy wrote:After going 2-0 up its always nice to think you can go on from that. Today it was not meant to be. oh well 1 point is better than the nil i feared it would be.

and the sensible bit was............... :wink:

Only joking :lol: :lol:
i did say only half way :wink: :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:23 pm

hallamblue wrote:
bluebird wrote:
hallamblue wrote: just imagine ...no Currie ...no crosses into danger area...no goals :shock:

Strangely eonough BB ..there is a comment in todays local rag that said Joe was unhappy with Westy (Hull) in that he didnt do what he is "best at" ie running around the midfield getting through achers of harrying / chasing etc etc - Joe, said he didnt want Westy "playing like Arnold Muhren" ...(to which Westy said "who" - may he be struck down for that !)....but Joe also went onto say Arnie was magic at tricks and astute long passess to players feet and often provided that killer pass to open the game up ...but he was weak at defending, and tackling back when we were not in possession...therefore having a 10 v 11 man effect !

My point is : every player has their strengths / weaknessess...we all know Currie is poor at running, defending, tackling ...BUT he is crucial at providing that killer pass, which has time and again given Town the goal scoring opportunities (whether the striker takes it is another matter entirely ).

I think our goal scoring opportunities would be far less than they have been without him in the side...the " cost" of having Currie is that others have to do his running in midfield for him...hence why we are crap when Joe has played Currie , Horlock and Magic in the same side...with players like Westy , Richards, Williams...and Juan in the midfiled things are evened out.

sorry foir Long post !
Hallam, you have finally lost the plot! In what world could you compare Currie with Muhren????

Muhren was a footballer, he was fit, he could run, keep up with play and he did compete, all that and he found time to make Brazil and Mariner look like world class forwards!

Whereas, currie, is a tart, he can't tackle, he avoids play, he can't run, he is slower than me, but he hits the odd good pass.

In short, he ain't good enough, he goes! :wink:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:33 pm

bluebird wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
bluebird wrote: Hallam, you know what i mean though, in open play we are 10 v 11, and thats not exceptable at any level.

sorry foir Long post !
Hallam, you have finally lost the plot! In what world could you compare Currie with Muhren????

Muhren was a footballer, he was fit, he could run, keep up with play and he did compete, all that and he found time to make Brazil and Mariner look like world class forwards!

Whereas, currie, is a tart, he can't tackle, he avoids play, he can't run, he is slower than me, but he hits the odd good pass.

In short, he ain't good enough, he goes! :wink:
LMFAO quality

keep up the good work you 2 :lol: