next up Sheff U, Saints & Leeds.........

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

next up Sheff U, Saints & Leeds.........

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:38 pm

how many points do you think we will get bearing in mind the likely return of Naylor, Proudlock, Forster ? Sito to the squad, plus at least three new faces (noy including Skard) to the squad.

I reckon it's possible to get the following:

Town v

Sheffiled Utd ......3 points
Saints.................1 point
Leeds..................3 points

Riviera

Re: next up Sheff U, Saints & Leeds.........

Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:20 pm

hallamblue wrote:how many points do you think we will get bearing in mind the likely return of Naylor, Proudlock, Forster ? Sito to the squad, plus at least three new faces (noy including Skard) to the squad.

Town v

Hallam, id go and see a doc, im worried about this drink problem u seem to have :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rach

Post by Rach » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:24 pm

Id take 3 or 4 points out of those games...any more and we'd be doin good! :D

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:24 pm

hallamblue wrote:how many points do you think we will get bearing in mind the likely return of Naylor, Proudlock, Forster ? Sito to the squad, plus at least three new faces (noy including Skard) to the squad.

Town v

You are insane, blind, or stupid, or all 3. Sheff Utd, 0 point. Saints, all 3 is possible. Leeds, 0 point.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:26 pm

Town v

Depends what team and tactics we employ, if we go for it then i agree the above is possible! However, if we play one up front and the old guard then possibly bugger all.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:30 pm

would love 3 points at southampton, just hope we dont play as badly as we did when we played them at home

in case no one has heard, earl wants to get to st marys for about 10 am, wetherspoons do a lovely pint with ur brekkie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:03 pm

dont think we will get much change out of Sheff Utd , as they seem to have come out of their sticky patch . as for Souhampton and Leeds i think that 6 points is a real possibility.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:51 pm

Sheff Utd 0 Points
Southampton 1 Point
Leeds 0 Points

Anything more will be a bonus!

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:21 pm

3 points at the most - however this is made up. (1 win or 3 draws)

If we get lucky I would be happy to get away with this or possibly 4 points if we get really lucky.

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:36 pm

Three points out of that lot would be an amazing return tbh.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:15 pm

the game after those 3 is Norwich :shock:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:44 am

I am not expecting any points from these 3 to be honest but this is our worst trio of games left in the season so best get them out of the way.

However if we get in a new striker who is revved up and ready to mix it up during January then we might see a surprise in one of those games, (Soton?).

But even if we get nul points I won't be calling for JR's head. Its a tough trio.

Best not log on to TB.Com until February. :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:27 pm

bluebird wrote:

Town v

Depends what team and tactics we employ, if we go for it then i agree the above is possible! However, if we play one up front and the old guard then possibly bugger all.
exactly !!...my post said these results were "possible" - not definate ! :wink:

Blades4eva

Post by Blades4eva » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:42 pm

Portman Road hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years, but we're hoping to change that when we come down in 2 weeks, but should be a good game especially as I'm coming down to Ipswich for the first time, your ground looks good and I will enjoy being there. :)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:48 pm

Blades4eva wrote:Portman Road hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years, but we're hoping to change that when we come down in 2 weeks, but should be a good game especially as I'm coming down to Ipswich for the first time, your ground looks good and I will enjoy being there. :)
tbh ...if you cant beat us with your current side you may as well pack up and go home !!

I know the form book says we should get stuffed, BUT we have a Team that is starting to pick itself up...confidence is growing - and that age old line ...."football is a funny old game"...is SO true ! I really have a sneaky feeling we could just do you !

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:50 pm

bluebird wrote:

Town v

spot on

Blades4eva

Post by Blades4eva » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:54 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Blades4eva wrote:Portman Road hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us in recent years, but we're hoping to change that when we come down in 2 weeks, but should be a good game especially as I'm coming down to Ipswich for the first time, your ground looks good and I will enjoy being there. :)
tbh ...if you cant beat us with your current side you may as well pack up and go home !!

I know the form book says we should get stuffed, BUT we have a Team that is starting to pick itself up...confidence is growing - and that age old line ...."football is a funny old game"...is SO true ! I really have a sneaky feeling we could just do you !
We're on top form too now, winning our last 3 games (unbeaten the whole month apart from those cheating bastards Norwich :evil:) but you know what happened to us when Millwall came up and we almost lost it.... mind you, that tw@t Alan Wright was playing and he's cost us goals from his crap defending, we really missed Unsworth when he was playing, but fortunately I think his days with us are numbered now Chris Armstrong has hit form. :)