Proudlock Signs Permanent deal

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

sirbobby

Proudlock Signs Permanent deal

Post by sirbobby » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:36 am

Adam extends stay
Adam Proudlock will be staying at Portman Road until at least the summer with the Club signing him from Sheffield Wednesday on a short term contract.

The 24-year-old striker was offered a trial period at Town in September after initially being dismissed by the Owls for a breach of discipline.

He impressed in that spell and Wednesday and Town came to an agreement that saw Adam join the Club on loan until January.

That move has now become a permanent one with the former Wolves frontman agreeing to a contract that will keep him at Portman Road until June.

A knee injury has hindered his progress at Town over the past month but he returned to action with a late substitute's appearance in the 2-2 draw at Stoke on Monday.

Meanwhile Vemund Brekke-Skard has been given clearance by the Norwegian and English Football Associations to begin his Town career.

Mork

Re: Proudlock Signs Permanent deal

Post by Mork » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:49 am

sirbobby wrote:
Adam extends stay
Adam Proudlock will be staying at Portman Road until at least the summer with the Club signing him from Sheffield Wednesday on a short term contract.

The 24-year-old striker was offered a trial period at Town in September after initially being dismissed by the Owls for a breach of discipline.

He impressed in that spell and Wednesday and Town came to an agreement that saw Adam join the Club on loan until January.

That move has now become a permanent one with the former Wolves frontman agreeing to a contract that will keep him at Portman Road until June.

A knee injury has hindered his progress at Town over the past month but he returned to action with a late substitute's appearance in the 2-2 draw at Stoke on Monday.

Meanwhile Vemund Brekke-Skard has been given clearance by the Norwegian and English Football Associations to begin his Town career.
Well, I for one welcome that news, though I suspect it might be a bit controversial with some of our less tolerant posters :)

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:05 am

Well at the moment I would just like to see the guy playing and contributing. Regardless of whether you like him or loathe him I think we all agree we could do with him knocking a few goals in.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:27 am

Important that he's under contract, even with small chance of someone else nipping in and offerring something better. Quite righnt that it goes until June only. He still has time to prove himself which seems only fair and we can only benefit from that.

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:29 am

Dubz will be happy :lol:

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:19 am

Luke wrote:Dubz will be happy :lol:
Just what I thought when I heard he had signed on the radio :lol:

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:51 pm

Gaz wrote:
Luke wrote:Dubz will be happy :lol:
Just what I thought when I heard he had signed on the radio :lol:
I'm over the fooking moon :evil:

He's hoodwinked Royle

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:25 pm

hehe :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:59 pm

He'll prove to be a good squad player IMO !! ...Sorry Dubz !! :wink:

Mork

Post by Mork » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:22 pm

hallamblue wrote:He'll prove to be a good squad player IMO !! ...Sorry Dubz !! :wink:
We're so desperate up front, I wanna see him played there - he's meant to be a striker - he only played in that position once that I saw the full match for, teamed with Forster, and I thought he looked dangerous - so let's see him used and then decide what he can do.

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:25 pm

He is better than Parkin in my books.

Jus

Post by Jus » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 am

Jesus, and I thought it couldn't get any worse!

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:33 pm

Lets keep this as a Short Term Deal..and NO More :(