Rubbing my eyes at Stoke!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

rainblue

Rubbing my eyes at Stoke!

Post by rainblue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:34 am

Well for the first 25 mins i could not beleive this was Ipswich playing away from home, it was like the old days. Passing, shots on goal, lost count of the creative chances we made. The thing that made it work, the team passed the ball on the ground, they went out with a spirit to win.
Unfortunatley Stoke got a goal back and we seemed to revert to the long ball to a midget after that, but jim kept the team together and i dont care what anyone says Richards was brilliant. Yes he gave the odd bad pass but made up for it in creating great chances.

Both teams could have won it and williams in the last ten mins had a chance with just the keeper to beat, but give credit we played with belief and the fans were great.

Intesting point i was listening to the local radio on my way home and the stoke fans were complaining our No10 was running the show and being allowed to drop off and pick up the ball. Some of us thought he had a bad game, i thought he played well?

Wish we could play with this atmosphere at home, i used to think it was the fans who should raise the players before the game, but if the we play at home like we did at Stoke then the atmosphere will increase.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:07 pm

Good post !....I think it is significant that this is only the second time this season Joe has HAD to play a higher proportion of youngsters in the team - the other being against Sheff Wed at PR, and on both occassions we have "passed the opposition off the park"

So two things spring to mind :

1) Much as we would like Joe to field the younger players week in / out , most of them are physically and mentally not quite ready for a prolonged run in the side.

2)...and (this is the important bit for me )...it totally demonstrates just what a fantastic side we will have in the very near future IF we can keep these kids at the Club. Re-negotiating our debts is already in hand to facilitate this.

I firmley believe we will have the "mother of all teams" over the next two / three years.....and as is so often being quoted from within ITFC.... "the future is very bright for Town" - and I believe too !

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:17 pm

I firmley believe we will have the "mother of all teams" over the next two / three years.....and as is so often being quoted from within ITFC.... "the future is very bright for Town" - and I believe too !
That'll do for me HB! :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:33 pm

bluebird wrote:
That'll do for me HB! :D
Oh Fanks BB !!...and there was me thinking you might "laugh it off" ! :lol:

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Rubbing my eyes at Stoke!

Post by TODD66 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:07 pm

rainblue wrote:Well for the first 25 mins i could not beleive this was Ipswich playing away from home, it was like the old days. Passing, shots on goal, lost count of the creative chances we made. The thing that made it work, the team passed the ball on the ground, they went out with a spirit to win.
Unfortunatley Stoke got a goal back and we seemed to revert to the long ball to a midget after that, but jim kept the team together and i dont care what anyone says Richards was brilliant. Yes he gave the odd bad pass but made up for it in creating great chances.

Both teams could have won it and williams in the last ten mins had a chance with just the keeper to beat, but give credit we played with belief and the fans were great.

Intesting point i was listening to the local radio on my way home and the stoke fans were complaining our No10 was running the show and being allowed to drop off and pick up the ball. Some of us thought he had a bad game, i thought he played well?

Wish we could play with this atmosphere at home, i used to think it was the fans who should raise the players before the game, but if the we play at home like we did at Stoke then the atmosphere will increase.
Some folks in the know would just say he wasn't able to keep up with play and to the Stoke fans it just looked like he was dropping off :wink: :lol: