Skard given clearance to begin Town career

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Skard given clearance to begin Town career

Post by Dazza » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:11 pm

Midfielder Vermund Brekke-Skard has been given clearance by the Norweigan and English FA to start his Ipswich career

The Norweigan midfielder was signed on a free transfer and it was hoped that he could be given clearance to play before the transfer window but due to a groin injury and complications in receiving clearance before January, Skard was unable to start his Town career.

However, the midfielder, who is currently making good progress after groin surgery has now officially recieved clearance from both countries to embark upon his career with the Blues.

It is thought that Royle will want him to come through a few reserve matches to get himself up to Championship pace but the boss has already commented on the players exceptionally high fitness levels and it might not be long before he is given his debut in a Town shirt.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:48 am

Cant wait to see Skard in action!! He sounds like he may be a great find, the fact Spurs were interested in his contract situation must say something as there midfield is already among the best in the prem.

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:11 pm

Yeah, im exciting about his prospect, i suppose we will be seeing him in action against Pompey on Saturday??, am i right in thinking that he can play in the FA Cup??

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:13 pm

ITFC10 wrote:Yeah, im exciting about his prospect, i suppose we will be seeing him in action against Pompey on Saturday??, am i right in thinking that he can play in the FA Cup??
hes recovering from injury i think, which seems par for the course for an ITFC player these days

the only person who is 100% fit at the club is the doctor :lol:

twinpeakes

Post by twinpeakes » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:29 pm

lets hope he don't pull an Ulrich le Pen

azbedwell

Post by azbedwell » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:58 am

Can any one tell me a little more about him? I know he is a midfielder and from itfc website that he is 5'9" and 13st which means he shouldnt be a light wieght. But does he play on the left/right/middle, is he attacking/defensive, does he like to pass the ball or run with it? Just wondering if anyone knew more about him.

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:41 am

azbedwell wrote:Can any one tell me a little more about him? I know he is a midfielder and from itfc website that he is 5'9" and 13st which means he shouldnt be a light wieght. But does he play on the left/right/middle, is he attacking/defensive, does he like to pass the ball or run with it? Just wondering if anyone knew more about him.
I think Skard is a central ball winning (defence minded I would imagine) midfielder, he appartently covers lots of ground and gets his foot in...

Thats all I know I'm afraid, mostly taken from the town v's plymouth match prog.

azbedwell

Post by azbedwell » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:24 am

CTCS wrote: I think Skard is a central ball winning (defence minded I would imagine) midfielder, he appartently covers lots of ground and gets his foot in...

Thats all I know I'm afraid, mostly taken from the town v's plymouth match prog.
Cheers. could do with a ball winner, let the other midfielders get forward a little more and support whatever is currently being used as strikers