Fuller Turns Down Ipswich Loan Deal

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Himple

Fuller Turns Down Ipswich Loan Deal

Post by Himple » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:22 am

TWTD understands that Southampton striker Ricardo Fuller has turned down the chance to join the Blues on loan until the end of the season. Southampton had agreed to allow the Jamaican to spend the remainder of 2005/06 at Portman Road.

New Saints boss George Burley is keen to reduce the size of his squad and was willing to offload the former Preston and Portsmouth striker to his old club.

However, Fuller, who has scored three goals in 16 starts and six substitute appearances this season, wants to remain at St Mary's to fight for his place.

The 26-year-old joined the Saints from Portsmouth for £900,000 last summer.
awwwww :(

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:02 am

lol thats a real shame isnt it ?? :lol:

Himple

Post by Himple » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:19 am

maybe :lol:

Jome_ITFC

Post by Jome_ITFC » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:00 am

you lot wait until royle signs a donkey, then youll wish we got him :wink:

burgesshillblue

Post by burgesshillblue » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:20 am

If he can't get in Southamptons squad he can't be that good !

The Gaffer

Post by The Gaffer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:53 am

personally that just shows we carnt pouch a player from southampton and shows how appealing our club is to others, i find it embarressing in all honesty

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:56 am

bigfatjoes wrote:personally that just shows we carnt pouch a player from southampton and shows how appealing our club is to others, i find it embarressing in all honesty
But we were not poaching.. Southampton gave us permission
to ask if the player was interested.

Its the player who is not interested. Yes it could be part of the
current Ipswich picture, but we dont know that..

The Gaffer

Post by The Gaffer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:59 am

no sorry i mean, the player. hes not exactly big time, good player yes, but hes not been a great hit any were, but to say he doesnt want to come to town somes it up for me :(

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:44 pm

bigfatjoes wrote:no sorry i mean, the player. hes not exactly big time, good player yes, but hes not been a great hit any were, but to say he doesnt want to come to town somes it up for me :(

Makes you wonder if the only thing players who are under performing are
looking for is 'a 2 - 4 year contract- with loads of money. Once they have
got that they dont all seem to care.

I guess another way of looking at it is if your team wants you
to go out on loan it can be taken as your not wanted anymore,
and therefore they will stick around until the best deal comes along for them.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:25 pm

Earl Blue wrote:
bigfatjoes wrote:personally that just shows we carnt pouch a player from southampton and shows how appealing our club is to others, i find it embarressing in all honesty
But we were not poaching.. Southampton gave us permission
to ask if the player was interested.

Its the player who is not interested. Yes it could be part of the
current Ipswich picture, but we dont know that..
It must be something about Saints players eh ...anyone remember KACHOUL ??? ....if Fuller doesnt want to join us , then frankly its HIS loss and he can sod off IMHO !

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 pm

:( would have been a perfect signing

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:12 am

On the sky sports website it say's he is considering a loan deal it says nothing of him refusing to come here just that he needs a bit of time to think of his future which is fair enough!

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:23 am

Article:
Ricardo Fuller could be on the verge of joining Ipswich Town in a loan deal.

The Jamaican international is currently weighing up his options after The Tractor Boys pledged a deal that would see him move to Portman Road initially on a temporary basis before possibly making the move permanent at the end of the season.

It is also believed that Portsmouth have offered Fuller a pay-as-you-play deal, although the recent signing of Emmanuel Olisadebe may see that avenue closed off.

While the Southampton striker considers his future, Town are not resting on their laurels, however, as David Sheepshanks told the East Anglian Daily Times: "We have made an enquiry regarding bringing in Ricardo Fuller but he has asked for time to consider his future.

“We are looking at other options which may take preference over our enquiry for Ricardo Fuller.”

It is understood that those options include Premiership strikers Geoff Horsfield, who is also being targeted by Sheffield United, and Jonatan Johansson.

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:59 am

30 year old strikers seems to be the general consensus here,fowler,fuller.johanson and horsfield.For the money we spend are these guys hungry enough to come in and help us get into a play-off spot?
If they are great!!!!but if we miss out and spent the money and they leave at seasons end? Or,wouldnt it be better to just use what we have and save up for next years go at promotion?No offense to anyones opinions,but I believe this season is a lost cause at this point,I MAYBE PROVED WRONG.I would build for next year ,not just buy a bandage for the rest of the year.

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:59 am

MMJR67 wrote:30 year old strikers seems to be the general consensus here,fowler,fuller.johanson and horsfield.For the money we spend are these guys hungry enough to come in and help us get into a play-off spot?
If they are great!!!!but if we miss out and spent the money and they leave at seasons end? Or,wouldnt it be better to just use what we have and save up for next years go at promotion?No offense to anyones opinions,but I believe this season is a lost cause at this point,I MAYBE PROVED WRONG.I would build for next year ,not just buy a bandage for the rest of the year.
Good point mate, but with our lack of goal scoring up front it could be a case of needing a hitman to keep us in this league :roll: so a bandage would be a good idea from that point of view as it would enable us to build for next season.