New contracts etc...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Mork

New contracts etc...

Post by Mork » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:15 pm

I think its a definite positive that we're seeing movement in tying up some players to us for a longer term - about time too, and I'd like to see something happen with Juan also asap, before someone snaps him up.

My only criticism would be, if we can do this now, why couldn't we have done this last year, and kept a few of our real quality players - I remember Miller saying he wanted a longer contract in the January window, and the club did nothing - and Shefki would probably have signed if something had been offered.

Ok, maybe someone is learning from their mistakes, but its a bloody shame :(

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:17 pm

I thought that as well about miiller and shefki as well. But didnt they say they were'nt signing anything until they knew what the position was at the end of the season ?

Bluebird

Re: New contracts etc...

Post by Bluebird » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:18 pm

Mork wrote:I think its a definite positive that we're seeing movement in tying up some players to us for a longer term - about time too, and I'd like to see something happen with Juan also asap, before someone snaps him up.

My only criticism would be, if we can do this now, why couldn't we have done this last year, and kept a few of our real quality players - I remember Miller saying he wanted a longer contract in the January window, and the club did nothing - and Shefki would probably have signed if something had been offered.

I think to be fair, both Miller & Kuqi turned down offers, prefering to keep their options open :roll: :roll:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:09 pm

Mork wrote:I think its a definite positive that we're seeing movement in tying up some players to us for a longer term - about time too, and I'd like to see something happen with Juan also asap, before someone snaps him up.

We we broke !!...the only reason we can now offer deals to these players and look for some more to come in is because Sheepy and Co have re-negotiated our debt repayments.

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:29 am

bluebird wrote:

I think to be fair, both Miller & Kuqi turned down offers, prefering to keep their options open :roll: :roll:
Correct, Bluebird - we DID offer both Miller and Shefki a contract extension which they turned down so we moved our attention elsewhere.

We can't force players to stay at this club, they are both Premiership players and thats where they deserve to play.

It's as simple as that

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:45 am

im might be off the mark here but couldnt some of these contracts of been signed before this week?

to me its an effort to get the attendance up on saturday

cynical me??? u betchya :lol:

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:54 am

riviera wrote:im might be off the mark here but couldnt some of these contracts of been signed before this week?

to me its an effort to get the attendance up on saturday

cynical me??? u betchya :lol:
Expect the club to say something like demand for tickets is high so better to be safe than sorry.

Then you get to the ground and find a crowd of 24,000!