Neville taunts Chelsea

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Diddy Dubz

Neville taunts Chelsea

Post by Diddy Dubz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:52 am

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has taunted Chelsea by suggesting that their current side will eventually break up.

The England international concedes it will be near impossible to catch The Blues this season, as Jose Mourinho's side sit 13 points clear of United at the summit of the Premiership table.

Despite Chelsea's current grip on England's top flight, Neville insists that the West Londoners' dominance will not last forever, claiming Mourinho and his players will want to test themselves with some of Europe's big clubs.

"You can't tell me that their players and manager will not want to go to some of the European super clubs in the next few years," Neville claimed.

"Chelsea are looking formidable, almost uncatchable. But I disagree with those people who say they can't see an end in sight.

"I can. Why do you think the Porto team broke up after they won the European Cup in 2004 or the Blackburn Rovers one after they won the league title in 1995.

"Chelsea have the resources to pay top wages, but the best players and managers will want to prove themselves at the Nou Camp, the Bernabeu, Old Trafford or the San Siro.

"I think our manager summed it up pretty well when he said that their consistency was incredible, but he did not think that Chelsea had raised the level of performance.

"It is not like watching Barcelona, who can look unplayable.

"But they have a solidity and level of defensive work, which is impressive.

"You can't argue with 19 wins out of 21."
My god, this guy talks so much sh*t it's almost unreal.

So according to him, the Porto team broke up in 2004 and Blackburn did the same in 1995 - thats fine, I agree there.

BUT, Manure have gone the same way.

Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Stam and Beckham to name but a few have left since they won major honours.

Nothing like contradicting yourself and making youself look like a stupid little manc is there!?!

phily bon bon

Re: Neville taunts Chelsea

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:23 am

Daddy Dubz wrote:
Manchester United defender Gary Neville has taunted Chelsea by suggesting that their current side will eventually break up.

The England international concedes it will be near impossible to catch The Blues this season, as Jose Mourinho's side sit 13 points clear of United at the summit of the Premiership table.

Despite Chelsea's current grip on England's top flight, Neville insists that the West Londoners' dominance will not last forever, claiming Mourinho and his players will want to test themselves with some of Europe's big clubs.

"You can't tell me that their players and manager will not want to go to some of the European super clubs in the next few years," Neville claimed.

"Chelsea are looking formidable, almost uncatchable. But I disagree with those people who say they can't see an end in sight.

"I can. Why do you think the Porto team broke up after they won the European Cup in 2004 or the Blackburn Rovers one after they won the league title in 1995.

"Chelsea have the resources to pay top wages, but the best players and managers will want to prove themselves at the Nou Camp, the Bernabeu, Old Trafford or the San Siro.

"I think our manager summed it up pretty well when he said that their consistency was incredible, but he did not think that Chelsea had raised the level of performance.

"It is not like watching Barcelona, who can look unplayable.

"But they have a solidity and level of defensive work, which is impressive.

"You can't argue with 19 wins out of 21."
My god, this guy talks so much sh*t it's almost unreal.

So according to him, the Porto team broke up in 2004 and Blackburn did the same in 1995 - thats fine, I agree there.

BUT, Manure have gone the same way.

Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, Stam and Beckham to name but a few have left since they won major honours.

Nothing like contradicting yourself and making youself look like a stupid little manc is there!?!

very true dubz but he has a point,and yes man u did break up and so will chelski at some point.The difference is that chelski will outbid and outpay everyone else on the planet to keep winning.Im not sure as to whether its a good thing or a bad thing for english footie but it will continue I guess for the forseeable future.