Fuller deal not dead ....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Fuller deal not dead ....

Post by Bluebird » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:36 pm

Ipswich manager Joe Royle has refused to rule out the prospect of Southampton's Ricardo Fuller joining the club on a season's loan.

Reports indicated the striker had turned down the chance of joining the Championship club.

But Royle stressed. "The deal is not dead. It is a big move for the player and he wants to talk to his agent, who has been out of the country. Nothing is likely to happen quickly, but I have not given up hope. I have two other strikers I am in contact with and have not ruled out something happening this week."

Southampton had agreed to allow Fuller, a Jamaica international, to spend the remainder of 2005/06 at Portman Road.

New Saints boss George Burley is keen to reduce the size of his squad and was willing to offload the former Preston and Portsmouth striker to his old club.

Fuller, 26, has scored three goals in 16 starts and six substitute appearances this season

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:41 pm

I think a loan deal for him would be ok, but i really wouldnt like him to sign on a permanant deal, he used to be really good at preston, but he gets injuried all the time

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Jonno wrote:I think a loan deal for him would be ok, but i really wouldnt like him to sign on a permanant deal, he used to be really good at preston, but he gets injuried all the time
He'll be company for Forster! :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:53 pm

bluebird wrote:
Jonno wrote:I think a loan deal for him would be ok, but i really wouldnt like him to sign on a permanant deal, he used to be really good at preston, but he gets injuried all the time
He'll be company for Forster! :lol:
We will soon be able to field a hospital 11! :lol:

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:09 pm

unleash the beast...i hope we get Fuller :D

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:10 pm

ITFC10 wrote:unleash the beast...i hope we get Fuller :D
Do you mean my son?????? he still has to wear a brace at the mo.