Anybody Else Surprised

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Anybody Else Surprised

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:52 am

that we are looking to sign lee on a permanent deal rather than a long term loan?
Not saying it is wrong but I assume he would sign for at least 2 years and if that is the case we would then have him, Forster, Parkin, Bowditch, Clarke and Haynes competing for places up front next season if things remained the same.
Now I know Bowditch may very well be off before then but just wonder if Joe feels the signings of Parkin and Forster might not be the answer even when they are fit.

edo_blue

Post by edo_blue » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:01 am

Surprised, yes. Absolutley f**king gutted, YES! The blokes no better than we've already got.

Ricketts has been keeping him out of the Cardiff side.

He's a big bungling donkey, no thanks

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:13 am

I think there are more important positions to be filled rather than ending up with 6 strikers!!

Ojc

Re: Anybody Else Surprised

Post by Ojc » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:40 am

Shed On Tour wrote:Now I know Bowditch may very well be off before then but just wonder if Joe feels the signings of Parkin and Forster might not be the answer even when they are fit.
Forster has pace and gives a lot of effort, Parkin has no attributes I can think of.

So maybe he has realised that Lee can be his target man and Forster will the one to run onto knock downs etc, much the way Kuqi and Bent played last season.

Parkin really needs to buck up his ideas IMO, useless.

Shed on tour

Re: Anybody Else Surprised

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:30 pm

Ojc wrote:
Shed On Tour wrote:Now I know Bowditch may very well be off before then but just wonder if Joe feels the signings of Parkin and Forster might not be the answer even when they are fit.
Forster has pace and gives a lot of effort, Parkin has no attributes I can think of.

So maybe he has realised that Lee can be his target man and Forster will the one to run onto knock downs etc, much the way Kuqi and Bent played last season.

Parkin really needs to buck up his ideas IMO, useless.
If Joe is coming to the conclusion that Parkin may not make the grade in this division then not only has he wasted £450,000 (a helluv alot of money for a club in our financial position) but we have Parkin and his wages on the books for nearly another 4 years unless we can off load him. :shock:

Paul30

Post by Paul30 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:39 pm

Parkin will come good as soon as the rest of the team can give the guy genuine chances, I echo the above posts in that poor old Parkin copped the fans frustration when we were playing poorly. Has anyone else managed to perform in our attack in Parkins absense???? NO!

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:32 am

CTCS wrote:Parkin will come good as soon as the rest of the team can give the guy genuine chances, I echo the above posts in that poor old Parkin copped the fans frustration when we were playing poorly. Has anyone else managed to perform in our attack in Parkins absense???? NO!

spot on i rate the guy and if we played to his strengths and not the kuqi high ball approach maybe we would see a very different player indeed.I know sometimes you have to put the ball in the mixer but if joe could prehaps get the team to play on the floor sometimes too.

Ipswich Loyal

Post by Ipswich Loyal » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:03 am

edo_blue wrote:Surprised, yes. Absolutley f**king gutted, YES! The blokes no better than we've already got.

Ricketts has been keeping him out of the Cardiff side.

He's a big bungling donkey, no thanks
So is Kuqi, and i'd have him back at Ipswich.

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:33 am

GavITFC wrote:I think there are more important positions to be filled rather than ending up with 6 strikers!!
Sorry!!!!!!! what strikers :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8)