Arsenal missing me claims Vieira

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Arsenal missing me claims Vieira

Post by Dazza » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:08 pm

Former Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira said that his former club have suffered since he left for Juventus last summer.
"I don't want to appear presumptuous but I really do think that my absence has been felt at Arsenal," Vieira, 29, told the London Evening Standard.

"They have certainly suffered psychologically since I left.

"Maybe it is because they have not fully understood the reasons why I left or maybe they are only just beginning to understand."

Juventus paid £13.7m for the France international and Vieira has made it clear that he wants to finish his career with the Italian club.

I know what I want from myself and I know what way I want my life to take," he added.

"I have signed a long contract with Juventus because these are the most decisive years of my career and they may well be the last team that I play for."

Vieira said that he decided to leave Arsenal after nine years because he needed a new challenge.

"I left London because there was nothing else left to stimulate me," he said.

"I am 29 and still at the top of my career. I have reached my peak physically and tactically.

"I wanted to play the best years of my career for a side that would help develop my ambitions and Juventus have allowed me this."